PDA

View Full Version : Please sign the petition for sgt Nightingale

les_taxi
19th November 2012, 19:53
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/military-justice-overturn-the-decision-to-jail-sgt-nightingale-for-18-onths

andy222
19th November 2012, 20:08
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/military-justice-overturn-the-decision-to-jail-sgt-nightingale-for-18-onths
Done.

Dedworth
19th November 2012, 20:17
Done - thanks for spotting Les

nnomad
27th November 2012, 20:33
not a chance,,,,, " under his bed for 4 years and didnt know it was there "!!!!!!! what, under his bed hasnt been cleaned for four years,, or his wife didnt ask why the hell has he got a gun and all that amo under the bed for !!!, maybe he is expecting an invasion !!!!!!!!,,,,," lost his memory on a charity run in S America ",, gushing sentimentality !!!!!!,,,,, no i dont think so

bigmarco
27th November 2012, 20:56
Well I will sign it because although I accept that Danny Nightingale did wrong I also believe that most men deserve a second chance.
However as a serving member of the SAS I believe that people like Danny allow myself and my family to sleep soundly in our beds at night. I am sure that he has seen and done things under orders that neither you nor I would have the courage to do. I believe Danny above all other men deserves another chance.

stevie c
27th November 2012, 21:09
Well I will sign it because although I accept that Danny Nightingale did wrong I also believe that most men deserve a second chance.
However as a serving member of the SAS I believe that people like Danny allow myself and my family to sleep soundly in our beds at night. I am sure that he has seen and done things under orders that neither you nor I would have the courage to do. I believe Danny above all other men deserves another chance.

Great post big marco I agree with everything that you wrote....I've signed it also :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
27th November 2012, 22:46
Great post big marco I agree with everything that you wrote....I've signed it also :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good man Stevie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nnomad
27th November 2012, 22:56
ok , you may believe than someone who will go anywhere in the world and shoot / kill anybody that someone tells them to is some sort of a hero,, but even by your own reasoning ( " believe him to have done wrong ", inferring acceptance of his guilt ) he is therefore at least a liar....as for sleeping safe at night,, it is generarlly worldwidely accepted that the attack on iraqi made the " terrorist " threat of reprisals in the west greater.the term " hornets nest " was the one commonly used, along with the other great sound bite of the time, " weapons of mass destruction "

stevie c
27th November 2012, 23:02
ok , you may believe than someone who will go anywhere in the world and shoot / kill anybody that someone tells them to is some sort of a hero,, but even by your own reasoning ( " believe him to have done wrong ", infering acceptance of his guilt ) he is therfor at least a liar....as for sleeping safe at night,, it is generarlly worldwidely accepted that the attack on iraqi made the " terrorist " threat of reprisals in the west greater.the term " hornets nest " was the one commonly used, along with the other great sound bite of the time, " weapons of mass destruction "
You can dress it up anyway you wish to but the bottom line IS I'm sure there will be many, many more for than against for this true war hero so I think that you will find yourself among the very few who feel that way

nnomad
27th November 2012, 23:24
well whatever, but i am only stating some indisputable facts........1, the man is a least a liar and is basing his defence on the backs of a charity in south america,, 2, well we know about the hornets nest... hero ?,, well that a personal thing,,, geting paid to go in a human turkey shoot,,,,????????

bigmarco
27th November 2012, 23:29
ok , you may believe than someone who will go anywhere in the world and shoot / kill anybody that someone tells them to is some sort of a hero,, but even by your own reasoning ( " believe him to have done wrong ", infering acceptance of his guilt ) he is therfor at least a liar....as for sleeping safe at night,, it is generarlly worldwidely accepted that the attack on iraqi made the " terrorist " threat of reprisals in the west greater.the term " hornets nest " was the one commonly used, along with the other great sound bite of the time, " weapons of mass destruction "

I think you'll find that he actually pleaded guilty at his hearing, so he accepted his own guilt. I believe the anger is over the sentence.
Actually I do believe he is some sort of hero and am extremely grateful that we have people like him who are prepared to do what many others lack the courage to do.
Yes indeed we are constantly under the threat of terrorism and thank god for people like him those risks are kept to a minimum.
Now you carry on reading your Guardian and believe that all those naughty terrorists would just go away if we left them to their own devices while the rest of us continue to live in the real world.