PDA

View Full Version : Got my British Passport!!!

RuBiX
19th November 2012, 22:23
:biggrin: Hello to all!!! I just got my British passport. :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I attended the British Ceremony last month, passport interview last Thursday then got the passport today!!:smile: Hurray:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I need to wait for the baby to pop out next year so I can travel around Europe hopefully with my husband and lil one soon..:smile:

I just want to thank you all for posting some informative threads and posts here.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Next up Dual! Oh well it can wait..

Just a quick question though..Do I need to be dual if I own a lot in the Philippines? Is there a limit size lot for a British/Naturalized British to own?

Once again, Thank you!!!:smile:

scottishbride
20th November 2012, 13:17
:biggrin: Hello to all!!! I just got my British passport. :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I attended the British Ceremony last month, passport interview last Thursday then got the passport today!!:smile: Hurray:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I need to wait for the baby to pop out next year so I can travel around Europe hopefully with my husband and lil one soon..:smile:

I just want to thank you all for posting some informative threads and posts here.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just a quick question though..Do I need to be dual if I own a lot in the Philippines? Is there a limit size lot for a British/Naturalized British to own?

Congrats! You can now travel anytime in Europe. I can't wait to process mine, I am due next month.

melovesengland
20th November 2012, 13:54
congratulations to you!! well done!! :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

tiger31
20th November 2012, 14:06
make sure you treasure your passport as it opens up the world to you .Also you can,t own property as a british citizen but as your dual i,m not sure how thats going to work to be honest maybe need legal advice on that one.

jake
21st November 2012, 04:44
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Any land you owned before you became a British citizen you can keep. If at a later date you wish to buy land there are some restrictions. If you already own over 1,000sqm that is for housing you cannot buy anymore. If not you can buy up to 1000sqm in a urban area and up to 1 hectare in a rural area. You can also build a house on the rural land.

RuBiX
22nd November 2012, 19:43
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Any land you owned before you became a British citizen you can keep. If at a later date you wish to buy land there are some restrictions. If you already own over 1,000sqm that is for housing you cannot buy anymore. If not you can buy up to 1000sqm in a urban area and up to 1 hectare in a rural area. You can also build a house on the rural land.

Thanks Jake! Oh I think I'm fine as I don't have that huge amount of lot..:icon_lol:.So, it's fine to have house and lot up to 1,000 sq m. It's not ours yet though as I'm still paying it by installment:biggrin:..slowly but surely:smile:
Also another thing, can my mom still transfer her house and lot title to me considering I'm British now?

Thanks again all!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
22nd November 2012, 19:51
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

MissAna
23rd November 2012, 00:31
oh wow. congratulations :Wave:

Arthur Little
23rd November 2012, 18:19
:biggrin: Hello to all!!! I just got my British passport.

Hurray:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... GREAT, Ruby! Congratulations to you.

I need to wait for the baby to pop out next year

:BouncyHappy: news, too ... about the "expected event" > :baby1: < I mean!

... so I can travel around Europe hopefully with my husband and lil one soon..:smile:

... :iagree: ... you CAN, indeed :yeahthat: ... or ... :anerikke: ... practically ANYWHERE else that takes your fancy! Meanwhile ... be sure to look after yourself!

jake
24th November 2012, 02:28
Thanks Jake! Oh I think I'm fine as I don't have that huge amount of lot..:icon_lol:.So, it's fine to have house and lot up to 1,000 sq m. It's not ours yet though as I'm still paying it by installment:biggrin:..slowly but surely:smile:
Also another thing, can my mom still transfer her house and lot title to me considering I'm British now.

Thanks again all!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes you can still inherit your mums house and lot:xxgrinning--00xx3:

classygirl
23rd January 2013, 13:14
Congratulations....I just had my British Ceremony last night and now getting ready to apply for the passport.Did you apply online?or you sent your application by post?and again.....congrats and well done....:)

gladz
23rd January 2013, 13:23
Congratulations Rubix:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
23rd January 2013, 14:11
Congratulations....I just had my British Ceremony last night and now getting ready to apply for the passport.Did you apply online?or you sent your application by post?and again.....congrats and well done....:)

Congratulations too classygirl! It's by post, just ask a form in your local post office. I opted to use the check and send service, as it's quicker. Just follow the guidelines in the form. Once again, Congratulations,the immigration journey has finally ended..:biggrin:

RuBiX
23rd January 2013, 14:11
Congratulations Rubix:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you:smile:

joebloggs
23rd January 2013, 14:17
the immigration journey has finally ended..:biggrin:

finally free :Jump:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd January 2013, 14:58
finally free :Jump:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: ... d'you know ... it wasn't until I'd become a member here - after visiting the Phils for the first time to meet my [then] online Filipina girlfriend (now my wife of more than 4 yrs) - that I came to realise the true significance and sheer value of having a British Passport ... which enables its holder to travel almost ANYWHERE on the planet, virtually unrestricted! :smile:

Michael Parnham
6th January 2016, 15:19
Maritess British Passport just arrived via courier, she only had her interview day before yesterday, dual Citizenship next!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
6th January 2016, 15:29
Excellent news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anakin
7th January 2016, 14:52
Congratulations Rubix.

That's an interesting post Jake. Cheers. :)

Michael Parnham
7th January 2016, 19:42
Excellent news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Simon!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th January 2016, 20:44
Maritess British Passport just arrived via courier, she only had her interview day before yesterday, dual Citizenship next! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GREAT to learn that, Michael! CONGRATULATIONS to BOTH of you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moreover ... my BEST wishes to Maritess when she applies for her Dual Citizenship. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
8th January 2016, 08:11
GREAT to learn that, Michael! CONGRATULATIONS to BOTH of you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moreover ... my BEST wishes to Maritess when she applies for her Dual Citizenship. :biggrin:

Thank you Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
9th January 2016, 05:08
Maritess British Passport just arrived via courier, she only had her interview day before yesterday, dual Citizenship next!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Belated congratulations to Maritess :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Can't believe how times flies.

She'll need to attend an Oath Taking ceremony at the Philippine Embassy in London and also apply a new passport. The passport will take between 12-18 weeks usually.
They will cancel her current one.

Enjoy the day out

Michael Parnham
9th January 2016, 11:17
Belated congratulations to Maritess :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Can't believe how times flies.

She'll need to attend an Oath Taking ceremony at the Philippine Embassy in London and also apply a new passport. The passport will take between 12-18 weeks usually.
They will cancel her current one.

Enjoy the day out

Thank you Peter, will keep you updated as things progress, also thank you for all the help and advice in the past few years!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

baileyjay
15th March 2016, 13:56
congratulations to you!! well done.