PDA

View Full Version : Power Naps

Mich
11th August 2007, 07:11
Have you ever considered trading your afternoon break for a quick nap?

Medical students are usually adept at taking power naps. They fall asleepimmediately upon lying down, sleep for 15 to 20 minutes and then wake up refreshed. Researchers have discovered these short naps are actually more beneficial than longer midday naps. The body relaxes, but does not fall into a "deep sleep", which can cause grogginess and disorientation.

Only one thing is required for people to sleep this quickly and benefit fully from a power nap -- the ability to "turn off the mind". We quiet our minds by not thinking about all that remains to be done, worrying about all that might happen, or fretting over events in the past.

Power nappers are experts at inducing a form of inner peace that comes from knowing all will be well with the world while they check out for a few minutes. What they believe with their minds actually helps their bodies relax.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th August 2007, 08:37
Have you ever considered trading your afternoon break for a quick nap?

:yikes::omg::yikes: HERETIC!!!!

The horse racing is on in the afternoon :NoNo:

Shifty-Sidney
11th August 2007, 08:41
Hi ya Mitch,
There is a strong belief growing in power naps! - i really should try it more often. I am always awake very early and do not need much sleep, but i find that early evening is not a good time for me to work or concentrate. Maybe a short nap would refresh me at this time.

KeithD
11th August 2007, 08:55
:yikes: But you might miss a race :bigcry:

andypaul
11th August 2007, 08:59
Im amazed how if im cream crackered after work how putting the head down for 15 mintues will revitalize me. Its just finding a place and the time to have the nap in the middle of the day.

Shifty-Sidney
11th August 2007, 09:01
The M25 is a great place to sleep during the day!

andypaul
11th August 2007, 09:06
The M25 is a great place to sleep during the day!

particulary yesterday with people stuck in the same place for 8 hours if i heard the report right you could have had a full night sleep at the wheel.

joebloggs
11th August 2007, 09:47
:Erm:
other way around where i work, some either spend the day asleep or on the net, and work for 15 mins a day.. i'm not joking :NoNo:

my wife when she was a medical student use to sleep at the table in the canteen,and now she sleeps for 15 mins a time b4 our bb wakes her up :D

Jay&Zobel
11th August 2007, 11:30
yep i so agree with you mitch!
it really works for me...
i take a quick nap everyday!!

gracia143
11th August 2007, 13:40
Thanks Mitch, this one is worth trying...Regards xxx