PDA

View Full Version : phil embassy london

bhem_bhem
20th November 2012, 18:26
hello guys, i'm going to philippine embassy tomorrow for the renewal of my passport, reporting of marriage and for special power of attorney. my question is how long did it take you to process everything? was there a long queue? thnx.. :smile:

bigmarco
20th November 2012, 20:07
Yes arrive early as there's usually a big queue

bhem_bhem
20th November 2012, 20:47
Yes arrive early as there's usually a big queue

oh dear,, :NoNo: looks like me and hubby are going to go back again.. :NoNo: thnx bigmarco.. :smile:

vernier caliper
20th November 2012, 22:01
best time is to come on the last minutes. the embassy is always busy in the morning. i arrived 4:30pm when i applied for the report of marriage. im the last one to be served after 2 pinoys on queue. it took 5 minutes to complete the submission and payment. ensure to bring self-addressed stamped envelop or else you will come back next week to collect the original copy of the report of marriage.

Please be reminded that passport renewal would take 12 weeks which has a big impact on your Biometrics. WHY? Your new passport is valid from the day you applied and not when you received it. Meaning if you apply tomorrow, your new passport is valid from tomorrow yet you will receive it after 3 months. So once you got your new passport you MUST to apply immediately for the change of your Biometrics if you used your husband's last name on your new passport.

"You must tell us as soon as you can if:
 you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
 you change your gender, legally or permanently;
 you change your nationality; or
 your facial appearance changes significantly.
If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within three months using application form BRP (RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may shorten your permission to stay."

This is the reason why i decided to report only the marriage. I'll do passport renewal once im already working.

raynaputi
20th November 2012, 22:11
best time is to come on the last minutes. the embassy is always busy in the morning. i arrived 4:30pm when i applied for the report of marriage. im the last one to be served after 2 pinoys on queue. it took 5 minutes to complete the submission and payment. ensure to bring self-addressed stamped envelop or else you will come back next week to collect the original copy of the report of marriage.

Please be reminded that passport renewal would take 12 weeks which has a big impact on your Biometrics. WHY? Your new passport is valid from the day you applied and not when you received it. Meaning if you apply tomorrow, your new passport is valid from tomorrow yet you will receive it after 3 months. So once you got your new passport you MUST to apply immediately for the change of your Biometrics if you used your husband's last name on your new passport.

If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within three months using application form BRP (RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may shorten your permission to stay."

This is the reason why i decided to report only the marriage. I'll do passport renewal once im already working.

Hi Vernier, would it really take 12 weeks to issue the new passport? According to Philippine Embassy's website:

- Passports may be claimed in person by the applicant after 4-6 weeks from the date of application or completion of the computer generated form for the passport.

- Passports may be posted to the applicant by the Embassy upon submission of a self-addressed special delivery pre-paid envelope at the time of the application.

vernier caliper
20th November 2012, 22:17
Hi Rayna. On their website it's pretty clear 4-6 weeks. Conversely, the average processing time is 12 weeks as per the Embassy Staff. Also, if you will call the Embassy' voice mail you will hear 12 weeks.

raynaputi
20th November 2012, 22:26
Hi Rayna. On their website it's pretty clear 4-6 weeks. Conversely, the average processing time is 12 weeks as per the Embassy Staff. Also, if you will call the Embassy' voice mail you will hear 12 weeks.

Thanks for that. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm planning to renew my passport next year, a couple of months before it expires. The problem I would encounter would obviously be the replacement of BRP card..:doh

bhem_bhem
20th November 2012, 22:30

thnx verni.. my passport will expire next month but think of doing it early coz i might not have enough time once i started working. :smile:

stevewool
20th November 2012, 22:34
we got there around 8.50am and there was about 10 people outside they opened the doors early and in Em went, i said i will go and take pictures around london and we arranged to meet later, it took just over 90 minutes to sort it all out, and Ems got her passport back around 3 weeks later

raynaputi
20th November 2012, 22:36
we got there around 8.50am and there was about 10 people outside they opened the doors early and in Em went, i said i will go and take pictures around london and we arranged to meet later, it took just over 90 minutes to sort it all out, and Ems got her passport back around 3 weeks later

Steve, that's good to know that they can process the passport that quick! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bhem_bhem
20th November 2012, 22:38

thnx steve,, we will arrive 2pm tomorrow so hubby's quiet worried that we have to go back again,,

vernier caliper
20th November 2012, 22:38
if you'll be travelling to Philippines before your passport expires, try this http://www.telephonepassportexpress.com/. It takes 7 days only to renew a passport.

stevewool
20th November 2012, 22:44
thnx steve,, we will arrive 2pm tomorrow so hubby's quiet worried that we have to go back again,,

soon as you walk into the room get a ticket with a number on it, thats your number, dont forget a pre pay envelope with your address on so they can return your passport

bhem_bhem
20th November 2012, 22:52
thnx vernie.. :)

bhem_bhem
20th November 2012, 22:57
soon as you walk into the room get a ticket with a number on it, thats your number, dont forget a pre pay envelope with your address on so they can return your passport

thnx so much,,:xxgrinning--00xx3: i'm a bit relieved now... good thing i asked here before i go as i didn't know bout the self addressed stamped envelope.. just hope it'll arrive within 3 months or else i'll be in trouble..

fred
21st November 2012, 08:45
Do they still have the fish market in the waiting area? (near the Manila Bulletins)

stevewool
21st November 2012, 09:02
Do they still have the fish market in the waiting area? (near the Manila Bulletins)

no but there was a funny smell, they say once a smell is there it can take years to get rid of it:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
21st November 2012, 09:19
no but there was a funny smell, they say once a smell is there it can take years to get rid of it:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jokes aside Steve.. I was in there one day waiting...and waiting.........and waiting..and.. Anyway,sitting next to me was a Filipino diplomat in a smart suit.. He looked at me and said," How can I ever become homesick working here??.. "the bloody place is being run like my Mums stall in the wet market back home"
Made me laugh.:xxgrinning--00xx3: