PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner in a Can

lastlid
21st November 2012, 22:30
Avoid slaving over a hot stove with a new Christmas Dinner in a can...that cooks itself

"Stressful hours peeling potatoes and preparing a turkey throughout the night could be gone forever thanks to the £5.99 bargain meal.
Lazy chefs can rustle up a turkey casserole with winter veg, chipolatas, stuffing balls and cranberry jelly in a hassle-free 12 minutes...all from a can.
The self-heating festive feast comes in a compact 400 gram tin."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2235696/Avoid-slaving-hot-stove-new-Christmas-Dinner--cooks-itself.html#ixzz2CtYWSCJk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

lastlid
21st November 2012, 22:34
Stick a few in yer flight bag when you go to the Philippines for xmas.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
21st November 2012, 23:00
Festive stodge. :icon_lol:

imagine
22nd November 2012, 01:09
just don,t fancy xmas in a tin:cwm3: cant beat home cooking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 07:50
Yeah, but neither me nor the wife can cook! :biggrin:

andy222
22nd November 2012, 09:23
I saw the muti stage power press. I used to set those.:hubbahubba:
Banged up abroad if you take one of those cans over?

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 09:56
I saw the muti stage power press. I used to set those.:hubbahubba:
Banged up abroad if you take one of those cans over?

You watched the wee video? Yes, I saw the power press. Wonder where that is?

andy222
22nd November 2012, 10:02
Malaysia I think Lastlid.

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2012, 10:08
Nothing beats homecooking and fresh foods:xxgrinning--00xx3:
...but i dont mind LIGO Sardines for Christmas:icon_lol:

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 10:13

I think my wife wants dried squid and rice! :yikes:

jonnijon
22nd November 2012, 10:16
Smelly fish here :doh

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2012, 10:32
I think my wife wants dried squid and rice! :yikes:

Smelly fish here :doh

:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

cool, I will defnitely not cook big turkey for christmas and leave it in the fridge for another meal in a week...waste of money !!

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 13:29
I wonder if they put a christmas cracker and a party hat in the tin with it? :biggrin:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 14:47
we already plan our Noche Buena ahead and this were dish that easy to digest and prepare of course:biggrin:

For the appetizer, Marinated Shrimp with lemon dill sauce and Deviled Eggs with salmon. Fetuccine Alfredo, Baked King Crab Legs, and Spiral Ham in Lingonberry sauce for the main course. Fruit salad and New York Style Cheesecake for dessert.
all are now on my my kitchen covered:cwm24::biggrin: ready:grosyeux::76: for x mas:Jump:

Terpe
22nd November 2012, 15:02
I saw 15kg butterball turkey in the supermarket in Marikina today.
Interestingly all the usual trimmings are also available.
Prices are not bad at all:icon_rolleyes:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 15:14
I saw 15kg butterball turkey in the supermarket in Marikina today.
Interestingly all the usual trimmings are also available.
Prices are not bad at all:icon_rolleyes:

OMG my friend you are here :biggrin: are you in agdao public market as well or bankerohan in davao city..get some green tamban for me or maya maya fish:yikes::biggrin:

Terpe
22nd November 2012, 15:29
OMG my friend you are here :biggrin: are you in agdao public market as well or bankerohan in davao city..get some green tamban for me or maya maya fish:yikes::biggrin:

Hi Moy, I was in Davao past couple of weeks but now back to Manila.
I need to make some maintenance to the house.

The cost of living between Manila and Davao is now huge.:yikes:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 15:37
Hi Moy, I was in Davao past couple of weeks but now back to Manila.
I need to make some maintenance to the house.

The cost of living between Manila and Davao is now huge.:yikes:

oh shame..but you are lucky you escape to the miserable weather OF UK AT THE MOMENT..strong gusty wind and rain not good at all i wish im home there now and on the sunshine:smile:
i know davao city has now about 2-3 malls new opENED:yikes::Wave::wink:
all i can say is bring my pasalubong when you come back here on the UK:wink:

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 15:46
we already plan our Noche Buena ahead and this were dish that easy to digest and prepare of course:biggrin:

For the appetizer, Marinated Shrimp with lemon dill sauce and Deviled Eggs with salmon. Fetuccine Alfredo, Baked King Crab Legs, and Spiral Ham in Lingonberry sauce for the main course. Fruit salad and New York Style Cheesecake for dessert.
all are now on my my kitchen covered:cwm24::biggrin: ready:grosyeux::76: for x mas:Jump:

WOW Sounds like the menu in a 5 star hotel!

Moy
22nd November 2012, 15:49
WOW Sounds like the menu in a 5 star hotel!

not quite lastid as ill be cooking this alone my self the husband can only chopped the stuff i need lols:laugher::icon_lol::grosyeux::biggrin:

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 15:52

Balut?

Moy
22nd November 2012, 16:53
Balut?
google it you cheeky..you obviously dont cook:action-smiley-081::xxaction-smiley-047:icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2012, 17:08

lol MOy your menu for noche buena is similar to Mr. Panlasang Pinoy(Vanjo Merano) ..goodluck with your christmas food prep!! show us the finish product !!

http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/12/28/panlasang-pinoy-christmas-dinner-noche-buena-food/
This is our second Christmas dinner here in the USA. For this year, My wife and I decided to have a simple Noche Buena. Since I have just three hours to prepare the food (because of work and commitments), we made sure to select the ones that are easy to prepare (and easy to digest : ) ). For the appetizer, we prepared Marinated Shrimp with lemon dill sauce and Deviled Eggs with salmon. We had Fetuccine Alfredo, Baked King Crab Legs, and Spiral Ham in Lingonberry sauce for the main course. Fruit salad and New York Style Cheesecake were served for dessert.

ynwa
22nd November 2012, 17:24
Moy sounds like Come Dine With Me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 17:36
lol MOy your menu for noche buena is similar to Mr. Panlasang Pinoy(Vanjo Merano) ..goodluck with your christmas food prep!! show us the finish product !!

http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/12/28/panlasang-pinoy-christmas-dinner-noche-buena-food/
This is our second Christmas dinner here in the USA. For this year, My wife and I decided to have a simple Noche Buena. Since I have just three hours to prepare the food (because of work and commitments), we made sure to select the ones that are easy to prepare (and easy to digest : ) ). For the appetizer, we prepared Marinated Shrimp with lemon dill sauce and Deviled Eggs with salmon. We had Fetuccine Alfredo, Baked King Crab Legs, and Spiral Ham in Lingonberry sauce for the main course. Fruit salad and New York Style Cheesecake were served for dessert.

yes sars..i have found this menu and i think it would so easy to follow and get the ingredient myself save any hastle on my schedule:biggrin::wink:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 17:36

very true sars..lols:icon_lol::Cuckoo:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 17:39
Moy sounds like Come Dine With Me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

it is as ill be the hostess:icon_lol::grosyeux::laugher:

raynaputi
22nd November 2012, 18:00

I used to work to the same company where he worked in the Philippines..But I haven't had the chance to meet that guy as he was onshore to US by the time I got in the same project. My officemates said that he used to not know how to cook but because he was sent to US, he learned to cook. And now, I always go to Panlasang Pinoy site everytime I want to cook Pinoy foods. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd November 2012, 18:17
:xxgrinning--00xx3: try his menu Rayna it pretty simple and direct to the point most of all all are yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 20:52
google it you cheeky..you obviously dont cook:action-smiley-081::xxaction-smiley-047:icon_lol:

Just jesting. :biggrin: