PDA

View Full Version : Christmas No1

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 23:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y57DqhfzYlE

lastlid
22nd November 2012, 23:42
Stars perform Hillsborough charity single

"Sir Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams and former Spice Girl Mel C have joined the line-up for a charity single supporting the Hillsborough campaign.

The track, which is favourite to be Christmas number one, has had its first play in Liverpool in front of families of victims of the disaster.

X Factor star Rebecca Ferguson, Paloma Faith, Beverley Knight, are among the other stars on the cover of The Hollies 1969 hit He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20447147

les_taxi
23rd November 2012, 08:03
Nothing to do with football issues but shoot me down if you want but I certainly wont be buying it.

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 08:12
"Bookmakers expect it to beat the X Factor winner to the festive top spot."

" X Factor star Rebecca Ferguson, Paloma Faith, Beverley Knight, Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Holly Johnson and The Clash guitarist Mick Jones are among the other musicians on the recording.

They joined former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, comedian John Bishop and Liverpool MP Steve Rotheram on the line-up, which was put together under the name The Justice Collective by Robbie Williams' former songwriting partner Guy Chambers.

The song is 1/2 favourite to be Christmas number one with bookmakers Ladbrokes, William Hill and Paddy Power. Its nearest rival is the eventual X Factor winner at 2/1, according to William Hill and Paddy Power."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20442807

So that Rylan Clarkes X factor single scuppered. :biggrin:

stevewool
23rd November 2012, 10:16
Nothing to do with football issues but shoot me down if you want but I certainly wont be buying it.

agree

stevewool
23rd November 2012, 10:18
they might as well bring back bing and david, sing white christmas, now thats a xmas number 1, still would not buy it though, but a great song

Dedworth
23rd November 2012, 13:58

Same here Les not on my purchase list - I surprisingly failed to find any connection to CFC

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 14:31
Same here Les not on my purchase list - I surprisingly failed to find any connection to CFC

Spanish Waiter in Tears at Hillsborough Memorial Service

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRllRTMU51s

Dedworth
23rd November 2012, 15:31
I failed miserably in not spotting that one :wink:

bigmarco
23rd November 2012, 15:59
I suggest that if they are serious about getting number to 1 they refrain from having Sir Paul on lead vocals. After his performance at the Jubilee and The Olympics I suggest he stick to playing an instrument and leave the vocals to someone more accomplished like Chas and Dave.
I support the cause though.

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 16:05
I suggest that if they are serious about getting number to 1 they refrain from having Sir Paul on lead vocals. After his performance at the Jubilee and The Olympics I suggest he stick to playing an instrument and leave the vocals to someone more accomplished like Chas and Dave.
I support the cause though.

Yap yap jabber jabber bunny bunny.....

les_taxi
23rd November 2012, 16:42
Why doesn't tight .... McCartney pay for it himself,he cant ....... sing anymore might as well do something useful:NoNo:

stevie c
23rd November 2012, 17:05
IMO Xmas no1 is a load of b******s it will be an xfactor song or another one of those gimmick songs that make no1:NoNo:

les_taxi
23rd November 2012, 17:17
IMO Xmas no1 is a load of b******s it will be an xfactor song or another one of those gimmick songs that make no1:NoNo:

See above :Erm:

Dedworth
23rd November 2012, 17:17

You're totally right Stevie - look at all the crap thats made No 1 over the years - BTW do you know when the 2nd half of Crossfire Hurricane is on ?

stevie c
23rd November 2012, 17:22
You're totally right Stevie - look at all the crap thats made No 1 over the years - BTW do you know when the 2nd half of Crossfire Hurricane is on ?

Hi Ded it is on tomorrow night 9.45pm bbc2

stevie c
23rd November 2012, 17:23
Ded what was your opinion of the first part if crossfire hurricane ?

Dedworth
23rd November 2012, 17:33
Ded what was your opinion of the first part if crossfire hurricane ?

Thanks Stevie - I really enjoyed it good balance between the music and other bits of footage. I'm looking forward to part 2 particularly to see Keef getting more shot away.

Did you see the programme immediately after it last week "Sings The Rolling Stones" ? - a load of fairly awful cover versions. The one that cracked me up was about 15 mins in - a black woman dressed in a multicoloured tent plus a load of 70's dancing girls doing Jumpin Jack Flash
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p1zwv/..._Sings_The_Rolling_Stones/

stevie c
23rd November 2012, 18:40
Great wasn't it Ded I'm looking forward to the second part I recorded the first part & I'm recording the second part for future viewing..... I agree with you on the following programme it was full if disappointing cover versions that didn't do justice to the stones

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 20:20
I don't think there has ever been a Rolling Stones song at no 1 at christmas in the UK. But notable Christmas no 1 songs include:

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid
Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd

And 4 various Beatles songs

Bob The Builder :biggrin:
Benny Hill The Fastest Milkcart in the West. :biggrin:

I do like the Stones but they aren't the only band I like.