PDA

View Full Version : Planning for the visa.

andy222
23rd November 2012, 13:53
I have been thinking a bit about this. What is the process.? I know we have to fill in the visa form. And pay the visa fees. I also know we cant book the flights until we have the outcome. So how did you guys go about it.?

stevewool
23rd November 2012, 16:25
cant help on this Andy Ems came here on a fiancee visa, all straight forward now thinking about it, but what stress doing it

bigmarco
23rd November 2012, 16:47
Well a good place to start is to read Terpes excellent thread.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39740-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Spouse-Partner-Visa

Andy I'm sure you've read enough here over the last year to have a good idea of what's required and where others have gone wrong.
It's probably a good idea to start getting all your supporting documents together now and form a list of what you have. You can always post it here and you have enough friends who can give their opinion of anything you may have missed.
If I think back to my refusal and what I wish I'd done it would probably be 1. I wish we never wasted 40,000php on hiring a so called expert to help with the application because there was far better help here completely free of charge and 2. In hindsight I wish that I had also included an itemised list of all my supporting documents with the application as perhaps it might have made things easier for the imbeciles who dealt with our application.
Wishing you all the very best as you know and hoping that 2013 is your year :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
23rd November 2012, 20:21
Thanks marco. Your right there is some great advice on here. I know what documents to submit. I was thinking under the lines like. Did you go with your wife to submit the application? As you know we work and we are not able to get time off just like that. I was thinking of posting the documents and letting her submit the visa application then when hopefully if it is approved arranging a flight so that I can travel back with them to the uk. What do you think is the best plan? Thanks.

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 20:33
Thanks marco. Your right there is some great advice on here. I know what documents to submit. I was thinking under the lines like. Did you go with your wife to submit the application? As you know we work and we are not able to get time off just like that. I was thinking of posting the documents and letting her submit the visa application then when hopefully if it is approved arranging a flight so that I can travel back with them to the uk. What do you think is the best plan? Thanks.

I would have liked to have done that but couldn't get the time off work. So I met her "halfway", in Amsterdam airport. So we both flew together from Amsterdam to the UK.

andy222
23rd November 2012, 20:37
Thats the problem Lastlid it needs to be planned. I think it would be a waste of time and money going there and being with her to put the application in. A itemised list is a good tip though for the documents.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 20:39
Thats the problem Lastlid it needs to be planned. I think it would be a waste of time and money going there and being with her to put the application in. A itemised list is a good tip though for the documents.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's exactly what we did.

The itemised list was also something my wife was able to follow when she finally added her documents to mine.

melovesengland
23rd November 2012, 20:47

What we always do is we submit applications when he is in the Philippines for a holiday 1-2 weeks. By that we can submit the docus together in VFs.

Beforehand, we gather docus thats needed and possibly needed for the app. Write a list of docus and review it every week before his flight. The day after we will lodge our apps we review again, put it in the right order and finalise it all.

When results are out he is already in the UK, ready to arrange a flight for me and then Ill go on me own. Easy peasy! :biggrin:

andy222
23rd November 2012, 20:48
And photo copied.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
23rd November 2012, 21:15
I would have liked to have done that but couldn't get the time off work. So I met her "halfway", in Amsterdam airport. So we both flew together from Amsterdam to the UK.

HALFWAY in AMSTERDAM

stevewool
23rd November 2012, 21:18

thats right andy, its a lot of money, when me and em was aplying for her visa i copied the forms here so when she was filling them in i could see the pages too and that helped both of us, once its all sorted and you can book the flight just meet her here, i got em a ticket with etihad so i knew the times and how long the stop over would be, it all helps you both and it feels like you are both there doing it together too

andy222
23rd November 2012, 21:25
Thanks for sharing the way you did it guys.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
23rd November 2012, 21:43
HALFWAY in AMSTERDAM

Yes. It worked well. She flew KLM to Amsterdam from Manila and I flew Isle of Man to Amsterdam KLM and we met when she got off her flight at Schipol Airport. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wanted to go through Immigration in the UK, with her, just in case, as she is quite young (23 when she flew) and had never been outside of the Philippines before.

bigmarco
23rd November 2012, 22:12

As you say it's difficult enough to get the time off work.
I sent all the documents to her by DHL and she submitted the application herself.
Regarding her arriving here unfortunately as you know everything happened so quickly for us after dragging on for months. I couldn't get the time off work straight away so I asked her did she want to wait for a month or so or come on her own. She had no intention of waiting any longer and wanted to come straight away. So I just bought her a ticket online and met her at Heathrow.
However if your in a position to go over or even meet her half way that sounds great.

raynaputi
23rd November 2012, 22:22
Accompanying your wife just to submit the documents to VFS is not necessary or even practical for the husbands, like you say, time off from work would be hard to get..I say this as no interviews would be done anyway, and VFS won't do anything other than collect it and then pass the documents to the British Embassy. Just make sure she has all the documents needed and always double check or even triple check everything before submitting documents. If your wife would avail the premium service, she would be done in around 30 minutes or so.

andy222
23rd November 2012, 23:30
Well thanks for all your support I will take them all on board so to speak:icon_lol:. Great response. Marko you had a rough time mate but all is well now.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
24th November 2012, 00:24
Well, I'm thinking of going over - if I can get time off and afford - when we're ready to submit the visa application, as it will by then be about 4 months since we got married and it would be nice to see her.

Sort of "any excuse" :wink:

Then a couple of friends have said it's risky posting important documents to the Philippines, and if I took them over, then at least they wouldn't get lost. Hmmmm

As you say though, getting time off work - and need to work to earn etc. All things to consider

raynaputi
24th November 2012, 01:37
Never send documents via Philpost as it would take a long time and might get lost. Hubby sent it via DHL and it arrived in my doorstep after 3 days. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
24th November 2012, 09:46
Ok thanks for the advice. Copied and pasted to my what to do folder in word.:xxgrinning--00xx3: