PDA

View Full Version : balikbayan boxes full

stevewool
24th November 2012, 11:48
well yes they will not be there for xmas but around jan/feb time they should be there, we are sending 2 boxes a large and small one, i cant pick the large one up at all, just have to shuffle it from side to side to move it,standard lamp,toaster, slow cooker, cloths,shoes, chocolates,phones,you name it its in there, coming to collect it next saturday so we can get back to normal in our house till the next time, and the cost £85 all in, well thats what Emma has told me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
24th November 2012, 12:35
I was a bit frustrated as I missed the last pick-up on November 2nd by 3 hours. They said the next one would be the next week, but the driver was off sick so didn't come and the next pick-up was meant to be the weekend after. But again for whatever reason they didn't come and eventually came on Wednesday 21st! :doh So rather annoyingly all this Christmas stuff for the family will seem strange arriving quite a while after Christmas and some might not even see it as the Christmas and New year parties will have finished by then! :cwm24:

Last year it took 7 weeks to get there.

stevewool
24th November 2012, 13:17
we was a little lazy ourselves, plus it was not full , so they know about it in the phils, lucky they have other things on there mind, they are moving to there new home with a pool so i think the gifts may come as a extra bonus :smile:

stevewool
24th November 2012, 13:33
my arm is killing me, 4th roll of tape on the large box and thats before i put on the reinforced tape goes on, i have got some of that tape with thin strips of metal in it, found it of back of a lorry sort of thing:Erm::Erm:, right next stage more tape:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
24th November 2012, 13:46
my arm is killing me, 4th roll of tape on the large box and thats before i put on the reinforced tape goes on, i have got some of that tape with thin strips of metal in it, found it of back of a lorry sort of thing:Erm::Erm:, right next stage more tape:xxgrinning--00xx3:

4 rolls?! :yikes: :icon_lol: I just used about one on mine, but then I only had a small 'bullit' one!

Dedworth
24th November 2012, 17:06
Mrs D sent 3 x Medium early Oct so they're well on their way now. She covers them completely in brown vinyl tape, I then do 4 x strapping tape with the tensioning tool, that gets covered in more tape then Manila Forwarder UK man does his strapping. Probably the most secure Balikbayan boxes in the world :smile:

South-east boy
24th November 2012, 18:57
Mrs D sent 3 x Medium early Oct so they're well on their way now. She covers them completely in brown vinyl tape, I then do 4 x strapping tape with the tensioning tool, that gets covered in more tape then Manila Forwarder UK man does his strapping. Probably the most secure Balikbayan boxes in the world :smile: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mine would have been ready earlier, but I was doing a portrait drawing of Viva for her, then got a mount made and even with cancelling a couple of VW car meets, I still wasn't able to get it ready in time for the pick-up I missed by 3 hours!