PDA

View Full Version : Any Isle Of Wight Filipinos out there?

BenRicca
26th November 2012, 13:51
Hi everyone.. just recently joined this brilliant forum site.. We're currently going through the motions of trying to move our little family from our home here in Palawan, to the Isle of Wight, in the south of England. Found out so much useful stuff already searching through the forums, and am currently piling up a list of questions of my own for you knowledgable folks to get your teeth into. Hope i can return the favour also. It would be very nice if there are any Isle of Wight based Filipinas here for my wife to befriend, or any friendly souls will do! Thanks everyone..keep up the good work!! :smile:

tiger31
26th November 2012, 14:42
now there is a nice place to live you lucky guy .I have not heard of any philippinas from there but ya never know there must be somebody hope u enjoy your new life there.

bigmac
26th November 2012, 15:01
hi ben ricca and welcome.

i live on the isle of wight--but i'm english. however my lady is philipina--but back home waiting for a visa. she has family and a lot of fili friends here on the i o wight.

when you move here contact me and i will put you in contact.

good luck.

tiger31
26th November 2012, 16:54
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i live on the isle of wight--but i'm english. however my lady is philipina--but back home waiting for a visa. she has family and a lot of fili friends here on the i o wight.

good luck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

nice one well done

Ako Si Jamie
26th November 2012, 20:17
Welcome to the forum.

So you're swapping Honda Bay for Compton Bay? :biggrin:

I grew up in Ryde on the I.O.W although I haven't been back for nearly 25 years.

bigmac
26th November 2012, 20:30
hi james--i live in ryde--behind the ryde castle hotel--its being rebuilt following a major fire.

ive been on the island ( on and off ) since 1971

BenRicca
3rd December 2012, 10:39
Ok Thanks very much..will do!
Are there any filipino community clubs, groups or organizations that you know of on the Island?
Thanks again =):smile:

good luck.

bigmac
4th December 2012, 14:13
Ok Thanks very much..will do!
Are there any filipino community clubs, groups or organizations that you know of on the Island?
Thanks again

i dont know--but would think there must be. there are lots of filipinos here--mainly working in the NHS main hospital--and also lots in local care homes. my lady knows lots of them--i'll ask her when you move over here.