No1

Eric Cantona

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20468454

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 19:52
No1

Eric Cantona

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20468454

Will always be Eric for me,he was the catalyst that enabled along with the toughness and brilliance of Ferguson that enabled United to surpass the might Liverpool in the League:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
27th November 2012, 21:05
Well I'm shocked. No Zola.

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 21:10
Well I'm shocked. No Zola.

Think she went back to South Africa after tripping Mary Decker:icon_lol:

lastlid
27th November 2012, 21:12
Think she went back to South Africa after tripping Mary Decker:icon_lol:

No, he was once a West Ham manager...:biggrin: ...and now manager of Watford...

But seriously, Gianfranco Zola was indeed an excellent player but maybe slots in at No 11?

stevie c
27th November 2012, 21:15
Yes I have been saying for years that cantona is the best foriegn player to play in England I'm surprised there is no schmiechael

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 21:26
Yes I have been saying for years that cantona is the best foriegn player to play in England I'm surprised there is no schmiechael

Peter Schmeichel was worth a goal start in his peak but we can't fit every united player in here:icon_lol:

stevie c
27th November 2012, 21:33
In all honesty les if we was to start a thread for the top 10 foreign players to play in England it would be a very tough task ardiles, klinsman, de caneo , viera, are a few that have not been mentioned & there a many more that could be added to that list

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 21:39
Well John Motson already has and it's a good choice,besides Eric it is easily Henry for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
27th November 2012, 21:43
Les I don't believe he said foreign signings I think he said Premier league signings any way other than cantons u would have to go for drogba

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 21:54
The reason he chose Cantona is easy. I remember Leeds winning the title as being one of the worst days of my life:yikes:
We were nearly complete just missing something and that was Eric.
His strutting peacock type presence transformed our team,the young players looked up to him-he was invincible.
Just having him on the pitch lifted all us Man Utd fans and we never thought we would loose with him there.
When Newcastle were 12 points ahead in the title race he single-handedly dragged us through the last half dozen games scoring the winner nearly everytime.
Ask any Fan who has followed united for the last 30 years and Eric will always be King.
The legacy he left and impression on Scholes,Beckham and giggs has been the cornerstone of Uniteds amazing success of the last 20 years:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
27th November 2012, 22:00
Les I don't disagree with you cantina is my all time favourite player majestic oozed confidence as you say had a massive presence I would like go see him as man u manager one day & that's coming from me a spurs fan.... The man was a magician I can't speak highly enough if him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 22:03
Les I don't disagree with you cantina is my all time favourite player majestic oozed confidence as you say had a massive presence I would like go see him as man u manager one day & that's coming from me a spurs fan.... The man was a magician I can't speak highly enough if him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hope that never happens as he is not proven as a manager and I would hate to see him anything but adored by the United fans.
We are just waiting for the Everton Manager to serve his apprentiship before Fergie retires

stevie c
27th November 2012, 22:09
Les cantina had come out & stated that he would like to become uniteds manager one day...I don't think it will be moyes I think it will be pep guardiola

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 22:14
It's a nice thought but I hope it never Happens:NoNo:
King Kenny just made an .... of himself-(top player) by the way and I dont want Eric to go the same way-it's like asking Abba to reform:icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
27th November 2012, 22:34
Cantona is one a very few Utd players I quite liked. Not sure if he was the best premiership signing but he's up there with Bergkamp, Shearer and that runt Ronaldo.

And Zola should definitely be in the top 10. Well ahead of Cech and Drogba. I'd also have Patrick Vieira in that list.

lastlid
27th November 2012, 22:39
Yes, just because Cantona was a talent on the field doesn't mean he would make a great manager. My gut feeling is that he wouldnt.

Ako Si Jamie
27th November 2012, 22:53
Yes, just because Cantona was a talent on the field doesn't mean he would make a great manager. My gut feeling is that he wouldnt.Or a politician! :biggrin:

stevie c
27th November 2012, 22:57
You could well be right Lastlid it may never happen but it's a nice thought to see cantona at united again

andy222
27th November 2012, 23:11
Yes cantona was a great striker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC7LTZcNCI0

lastlid
27th November 2012, 23:14
Or a politician! :biggrin:

Are you referring to his kung fu diplomacy? :biggrin:

lastlid
27th November 2012, 23:20
Cantona Gets Angry.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=T9ByRANbXDs&NR=1

stevie c
27th November 2012, 23:23
That king fu kick brings back some memories no see that coming certainly the moron that was on the end of it

les_taxi
27th November 2012, 23:24
Nice right hook he threw too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
28th November 2012, 02:42
Are you referring to his kung fu diplomacy? :biggrin:No. :biggrin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16483027