PDA

View Full Version : Transit Visa Question

marksroomspain
8th December 2012, 08:51
Hi guys I have booked my wifes flight for 14th December Manila to Manchester via Abu Dhabi with Ethiad airways, I was just wondering with her having a UK spouse visa will there be a problem at Abu Dhabi ie: Does she need a transit visa for there or will she be ok, by the way she is a filipino passport holder?

rusty
8th December 2012, 09:02
If only a short stop over you normally stay in the airport between flights and therefore do not require a transit visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
8th December 2012, 09:25
As Rusty mentioned, for most airports in the world the transit is completely airside and no visa is required. The main exceptions to this that I know of are the USA and Russia (and the UK when transferring between LGW to LHR)
Transfers in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Kuwait, Doha, Hong Kong, Singapore, Amsterdam, China, South Korea, Brunei and most other countries are completely airside and are fairly painless. No visas required.

melovesengland
8th December 2012, 09:29
shell be alright. they wont require any visa if ur on short stop over. i used etihad to lhr via abu dhabi and i had no prob. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
8th December 2012, 09:47
Thanks guys I just pm rusty and novie was just a bit worried now I can settle down cheers!