PDA

View Full Version : best interest rates out there for savings

stevewool
9th December 2012, 16:21
is there any good interest rates out there for savings, someone mentioned offshore, how does that work, and is there a cost, i am also looking at a bank that works over here and in the phils too, so transferring money to different accounts but i think there may be a cost in that too

lastlid
9th December 2012, 16:30
is there any good intrest rates out there for savings, someone mentioned offshore, how does that work, and is there a cost, i am also looking at a bank that works over here and in the phils too, so transfering money to differant accounts but i think there may be a cost in that too

Less tax.

andy222
9th December 2012, 16:41
I think there is a minimum amount for opening a offshore account. I know a lot of indians send their money abroad from here to a Indian bank account. 1 told me he gets 5% interest rate.

stevewool
9th December 2012, 17:16
funny you should say that Andy, my bros mate sends money abroad and he gets 5% too

andy222
9th December 2012, 17:17
Way to go.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
9th December 2012, 17:18
I believe HSBC are good. RickyR recommends them, from what I seem to remember. Great for people who travel and have a foot each in 2 different countries or more. But there are fees.

stevewool
9th December 2012, 17:19
and its a barclays bank account too

bigmarco
9th December 2012, 21:23
I was in IRemit the other day and they had posters up about a peso savings account with the Stirling Bank of Asia. I read the small print and it said interest is paid at 1%pa. No thanks.:NoNo:

stevewool
9th December 2012, 21:39
the trouble is now you may have money to save but where do you put it, yes you could put it away for long term but even those rates are poor, First direct is offering 8% but you have to put your wage in or £1500 a month in but only save £300 a month and thats for 1 year only