PDA

View Full Version : Rock Classics

andy222
13th December 2012, 19:39
Ok I know most of our pinays like their love songs. I just want any ones opinion on rock classics. For me I remember going to see Bruce Springsteen On his born in the usa tour at wembley stadium. Four hours of magic, his backing band were brilliant. Got to be Born to RUN.

Ako Si Jamie
13th December 2012, 20:25
Not my favourite genre but I did like Bon Jovi's early stuff, Def Leppard, The Police and Queen

Dedworth
13th December 2012, 20:33
Sympathy for the Devil

Rolling Stones - the greatest rock & roll band in the world

bigmarco
13th December 2012, 21:25
Ok I know most of our pinays like their love songs. I just want any ones opinion on rock classics. For me I remember going to see Bruce Springsteen On his born in the usa tour at wembley stadium. Four hours of magic, his backing band were brilliant. Got to be Born to RUN.

Yes I remember going to that aswell Andy. Got to be the best value for money concert I've ever been to. You get your moneys worth with Bruce.
Remember seeing Queen there aswell another class act.

andy222
13th December 2012, 21:27
Oh you jammy git. I wanted to see queen.:cwm23:. Never got round to it.

lastlid
13th December 2012, 21:52
Queen. I watched them in Wolverhampton as they brought their Bohemain Rhapsody Album out - A Night at The Opera. About 1974 /75. And got arrested. :biggrin: Tresspasing on the railways. :biggrin:

I was always an out and out fan and had all their albums up till then.

I have to say I was disappointed as they didn't perform as well live as they did on record.

andy222
13th December 2012, 21:54
Maybe they were like good wine. Improved with age.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
13th December 2012, 21:57
My alltime favourite of Queen is Barcelona.

andy222
13th December 2012, 22:04
Like a lot of bands Queen did some great stuff its hard to pick one.

grahamw48
13th December 2012, 22:07
All the usual rock suspects...except Queen (couldn't live with him being a bender).

Everything from 1990 is Philippines-related for me, because there I could/can regress to being an 18 year-old and go to clubs and discos again, as well as playing loud music at home. So Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Phil Collins and everything from then on really. :smile:

bigmarco
13th December 2012, 22:11
Queen. I watched them in Wolverhampton as they brought their Bohemain Rhapsody Album out - A Night at The Opera. About 1974 /75. And got arrested. :biggrin: Tresspasing on the railways. :biggrin:

I was always an out and out fan and had all their albums up till then.

I have to say I was disappointed as they didn't perform as well live as they did on record.

I disagree Lid. The 1986 Tour was outstanding. Check it out on You Tube.

lastlid
13th December 2012, 22:17
I disagree Lid. The 1986 Tour was outstanding. Check it out on You Tube.

Yeah but I watched them in 1975. Just stating what I heard. They wern't good that night. I was dissapointed as they just weren't as good as I thought they were going to be. I still think that they, over all the years, were excellent.

I don't hold it against them that he was gay.

bigmarco
13th December 2012, 23:24
Yeah but I watched them in 1975. Just stating what I heard. They wern't good that night. I was dissapointed as they just wern't as good as I thought they were going to be. I still think that they, over all the years, were excellent.

I don't hold it against them that he was gay.

Yep you can catch the whole concert on You Tube as I was showing it to someone a few months back. He was a great showman.

stevie c
14th December 2012, 00:05
I remember going to see guns & roses at the Milton Keynes bowl a concert I will never ever forget it blew me away

grahamw48
14th December 2012, 00:17
I remember going to see guns & roses at the Milton Keynes bowl a concert I will never ever forget it blew me away

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Possibly my favourite track of theirs...played in the bars in the Phils a lot when I first went there, and later used to sing it to my (then) little boy. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AYAv0IoWI

Arthur Little
14th December 2012, 01:09
Rolling Stones - the greatest rock & roll band in the world

:cwm24: ... forgive my expression of surprise! But the 'Stones' are :olddude:s - "products" of MY generation. And, yes, SOME of their output was ... well ... :anerikke: ... alright, admittedly. However, I would've thought a man of your (dare I say?) "social standing" was more likely to be into 'Jaeger' ... rather than Jagger! :biggrin: Unless ...

... you don't dress like old "rubber lips" :omg: ...

... do you?

grahamw48
14th December 2012, 01:19
Well Arthur, at least while Cliff is around we'll still be 'The Young Ones'. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
14th December 2012, 10:36
I agree with Ded, Rolling Stones!!

grahamw48
14th December 2012, 11:29
My very first record purchase back in September 1964...my 13th birthday. Still love it, and bought all their subsequent singles and albums. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O82FK-v86X8

sars_notd_virus
14th December 2012, 18:48
Ok I know most of our pinays like their love songs. I just want any ones opinion on rock classics.

Ive seen both Metallica and Bon Jovi in Philippines:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Metallica's opening song was ''enter sandman'' ...headbanger days lol
I was devastated watching Bon Jovi performed in Rizal Football Ground (1993) and stopped because of the spectators climbing on the structures:NoNo::doh

Terpe
14th December 2012, 22:01
I won't mention the Cliff Richard concert then :biggrin:

stevie c
14th December 2012, 22:05

Possibly my favourite track of theirs...played in the bars in the Phils a lot when I first went there, and later used to sing it to my (then) little boy. :smile:

A true classic Graham has to be my favourite guns & roses track also :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th December 2012, 22:11

For a little'un my wife does a great karaoke version of this.

grahamw48
14th December 2012, 23:10
Now of course I can feel my heart swelling with affection and pride listening to my talented boy playing the same song on his own guitar in front of an audience. :smile:

http://imageshack.us/a/img215/9083/richfibbers6nicepic.jpg

thumperdean
15th December 2012, 00:10
kids today love this music and we just took it for granted, it is such a big influence on them today, I'm even taking a new interest in this now, graham i don't understand how they are so clever today you must be proud.

grahamw48
15th December 2012, 00:22
Yes I am, and he's a good lad too, and passed all his A levels this year, even with his many other interests. :smile: