PDA

View Full Version : Gary McKinnon won't be charged in the UK

joebloggs
15th December 2012, 12:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3: news for him and his family after a 10yr struggle, if a young British guy could hack into NASA's computers then you would have thought foreign govs wouldn't have had a problem, just shows how lax the security was :doh

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/gary-mckinnon-wont-be-charged-in-the-uk-50009984/

stevewool
15th December 2012, 12:37
he should be paid for what hes done, or employed by the goverment

joebloggs
15th December 2012, 12:50
he should be paid for what hes done, or employed by the goverment

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
an organization the size of NASA, who put a man on the moon, hacked by a guy in the UK from his g/f's aunt house and did this..

McKinnon is accused of hacking into 97 United States military and NASA computers over a 13-month period between February 2001 and March 2002, at his girlfriend's aunt's house in London,[3] using the name 'Solo'.[2]

The US authorities claim he deleted critical files from operating systems, which shut down the United States Army’s Military District of Washington network of 2,000 computers for 24 hours. McKinnon also posted a notice on the military's website: "Your security is crap". After the September 11 attacks in 2001, he deleted weapons logs at the Earle Naval Weapons Station, rendering its network of 300 computers inoperable and paralyzing munitions supply deliveries for the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet. McKinnon is also accused of copying data, account files and passwords onto his own computer. US authorities claim the cost of tracking and correcting the problems he caused was over $700,000.[4]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

nothing but embarrassing for NASA and the USA gov :doh they were lucky it was not the Russians or Chinese !

les_taxi
15th December 2012, 12:56
C'mon Joebloggs get a grip and place this in correct place-maybe uk news as this won't help people fix their pc's:biggrin:

bigmarco
15th December 2012, 12:57
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
an organization the size of NASA, who put a man on the moon, hacked by a guy in the UK from his g/f's aunt house and did this..

McKinnon is accused of hacking into 97 United States military and NASA computers over a 13-month period between February 2001 and March 2002, at his girlfriend's aunt's house in London,[3] using the name 'Solo'.[2]

The US authorities claim he deleted critical files from operating systems, which shut down the United States Army’s Military District of Washington network of 2,000 computers for 24 hours. McKinnon also posted a notice on the military's website: "Your security is crap". After the September 11 attacks in 2001, he deleted weapons logs at the Earle Naval Weapons Station, rendering its network of 300 computers inoperable and paralyzing munitions supply deliveries for the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet. McKinnon is also accused of copying data, account files and passwords onto his own computer. US authorities claim the cost of tracking and correcting the problems he caused was over $700,000.[4]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

nothing but embarrassing for NASA and the USA gov :doh they were lucky it was not the Russians or Chinese !

That's why they made such a big deal about it. He made them look stupid to the rest of the world. Glad it's all been dropped now.
Wish he could hack into my bank and credit my account with a million or two :biggrin:

joebloggs
15th December 2012, 13:03
That's why they made such a big deal about it. He made them look stupid to the rest of the world. Glad it's all been dropped now.
Wish he could hack into my bank and credit my account with a million or two :biggrin:

i'm sure he could have used his skills to commit fraud and make lots of :REGamblMoney01HL1: but he didn't, anyway we all want to know the true about UFO's :biggrin:

Pete/London
15th December 2012, 14:38
I cant remember hearing this guy say anything in public, only his mother. He`s got away with it,I think he has a case to answer and should be charged over here. Who is this great british public that creates the furure, every one I know think he was caught bang to rights, same as the MP Moran who must be laughing at the law.

joebloggs
15th December 2012, 16:07
he's committed no crime in this country and when do we listen to or obey USA laws?, or more importantly obey ours ?
their just :censored: some guy in the UK could access their top secret info.