PDA

View Full Version : Xmas shopping.

grahamw48
17th December 2012, 18:00
That's it, Xmas shopping done....in about 30 mins. Don't know what all the fuss is about. :NoNo:

Only downside was...had to buy some Xmas cards :Brick:. Got 4 years out of the last 99p box. These cost slightly more, but are at least marginally larger than the postage stamp. :smile:

stevewool
17th December 2012, 18:05
you brought xmas cards, buy tipex its cheaper and last longer, use it for xmas birthday in fact any cards you want:doh

Slip
17th December 2012, 18:24
I have posted the cards that need posting. Tomorrow I start my Christmas shopping, don't want to but 4x12 hour day/night shifts from Thursday until Christmas eve morning means I had better or it won't get done!

grahamw48
17th December 2012, 18:35
you brought xmas cards, buy tipex its cheaper and last longer, use it for xmas birthday in fact any cards you want:doh

A tipexed card is no good without an envelope. Trouble is...I've run out of those brown postage paid ones . :cwm3:

Going to have to buy a book of stamps. MORE expense ! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
17th December 2012, 20:20
That's it, Xmas shopping done....in about 30 mins. Don't know what all the fuss is about. :NoNo:

Shops jam-packed ... deciding what to buy one's relatives and friends ... seemingly interminable queues (particularly in Post Offices) and, not least, the sheer bloody expense of it all. :doh

Only downside was...had to buy some Xmas cards :Brick:. Got 4 years out of the last 99p box. These cost slightly more, but are at least marginally larger than the postage stamp. :smile:

All ours have now been sent [I think] ... thank God! But I do wish card manufacturers would see to it that the wording on their merchandise also embodied appropriate New Year Greetings. :icon_rolleyes:

grahamw48
17th December 2012, 20:32
Oh I have no problem selecting the presents that I'm NOT going to buy anybody.

I just buy two of everything that I buy in my normal weekly shop...to see me through to New Year, stick the 6 cards in the post, get back home and batten down the hatches. :biggrin:

Oh, I ALMOST weakened and bought a Xmas special TV mag, but at 90p :Erm:thought better of it.

Arthur Little
18th December 2012, 01:59
you brought xmas cards, buy tipex its cheaper and last longer, use it for xmas birthday in fact any cards you want :doh

A tipexed card is no good without an envelope. Trouble is...I've run out of those brown postage paid ones . :cwm3:

Going to have to buy a book of stamps. MORE expense ! :NoNo:

Oh dear ... :cwm24: ... what a pair of kuripots!! :icon_lol:

grahamw48
18th December 2012, 10:34
Here we call it 'canny' Arthur. :biggrin:

MissAna
18th December 2012, 10:47
my hubby said the best time to buy this season is after christmas because there will be a lot of sale in store. :biggrin:

grahamw48
18th December 2012, 10:58
He's right. :xxgrinning--00xx3: