PDA

View Full Version : how to register my marriage in nso phil?

beverly25
18th December 2012, 15:50
hello evryone, just want to know how to register my marriage here in uk to nso in philippines?do i need to contact the phil.embassy?do u know the process and requirements?do i need passport and marriage certificate?anyway,my flm application,im still waiting,its almost 2 months after i apply but stil havent heard anything from immigration,i havent received any letter for biometrics.do i need to worried?

raynaputi
18th December 2012, 15:59
You can check here in the Philippine embassy website.. http://philembassy-uk.org/consular-matters/civil-registry ..you can do it in person or you can post it. You have to include a pre-paid envelope so they can return your original documents and the Report of Marriage cert/doc.

beverly25
18th December 2012, 16:12
do i need original passport and orig. marriage certificate?all orginal documents were still in immigration?

Terpe
18th December 2012, 16:18
Following the link that Rayna provided for you, you'll find it states this:-

Recognition of Marriage of Filipino citizen

Filipino citizens marrying outside the Philippines have to file a Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy/Consulate nearest to their place of residence. The requirements are as follows:
•A. Completed Report of Marriage form (to be submitted in triplicate)
•B. Three 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm photos each of the applicant and spouse on white background taken within the last six months
•C. Original and three (3) clear copies of marriage certificate
•D. Three (3) clear copies each of the data page of the couples passports
•E. Notarial fee of GBP18.00 (Note: There is an additional fee of GBP18.00 if registration is done one year after the marriage)

You can download the needed form from the Phils Embassy website
Copies of the marriage cert may be obtained from the registry office
You should already have passport copies (I imagine)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
18th December 2012, 16:19
That's why I can't do the report of marriage yet as copies of passport and data pages of it (both hubby's and mine) are needed. I've been waiting for almost 9 months for the result of my FLR(M) application and our passports are there. :doh:NoNo: I don't have a problem with Marriage Cert though as we got 4 original copies of it.

jlags90
18th December 2012, 16:19
You just need three clear copies of the yours and your husband's passport. but the original marriage certificate is also needed so I think you won't be able to do something with it until your documents will be returned by UKBA.

Terpe
18th December 2012, 16:26
It's not mandatory. You could still do it even after a year, although you'd need to pay the small penalty fee.
Notification up to 1 year is penalty free :smile:

I've always taken good quality copies of passport details if ever I need to send it off somewhere.

raynaputi
18th December 2012, 16:32
It's not mandatory. You could still do it even after a year, although you'd need to pay the small penalty fee.
Notification up to 1 year is penalty free :smile:

I've always taken good quality copies of passport details if ever I need to send it off somewhere.

You just reminded me, I got scanned copies of my passport and Keith's too here in my laptop..:doh hahaha..we are just not prioritizing this as what you said, it's not mandatory..:biggrin: