PDA

View Full Version : filing some visa requirements

joannet
18th December 2012, 16:19
hi guys i just want to ask cos im confused,my husband getting income support and disability living allowance,i just want to ask if i also need to put my husbands income support papers or no need just the disability documents only pls guys i need your help,thanks alot

Terpe
18th December 2012, 17:14
Your husband will be exempt from the Financial Requirement as he is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance

When filling out the form VAF4A - Financial Requirement (Part 3) you'll need to tick the 'Yes' box and proceed to Part 4
It's in Part 4 where you'll need to document all the income sources of your husband.

To evidence the exemption you'll need to submit some official documentation from the UK Department for Work and Pensions confirming the entitlement and the amount received.
You'll also need to provide at least one bank bank statement (in the 12-month period prior to the date of application) that shows payment of the benefit or allowance into your husband's named account.

Now since you are exempt from the minimum income threshold, you will, instead, be required to meet the financial requirement by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance”.
Very simply put, this means showing that, after housing costs have been deducted, there must be a level of gross income that would be available if you were in receipt of income support.
Current levels of Income Support for a couple are £111.45 per week

There's also a requirement to provide evidence of adequate accommodation

Hope this helps

joannet
18th December 2012, 23:16
Your husband will be exempt from the Financial Requirement as he is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance

When filling out the form VAF4A - Financial Requirement (Part 3) you'll need to tick the 'Yes' box and proceed to Part 4
It's in Part 4 where you'll need to document all the income sources of your husband.

To evidence the exemption you'll need to submit some official documentation from the UK Department for Work and Pensions confirming the entitlement and the amount received.
You'll also need to provide at least one bank bank statement (in the 12-month period prior to the date of application) that shows payment of the benefit or allowance into your husband's named account.

Now since you are exempt from the minimum income threshold, you will, instead, be required to meet the financial requirement by providing evidence of “adequate maintenanceâ€.
Very simply put, this means showing that, after housing costs have been deducted, there must be a level of gross income that would be available if you were in receipt of income support.
Current levels of Income Support for a couple are £111.45 per week

There's also a requirement to provide evidence of adequate accommodation

Hope this helpsthanks terpe very big help,my husband getting 220 pounds every two weeks for his income support and 310pounds every 1month for disability living allowance that money he getting is already deducted his house and car loan what do u think sir terpe did we meet the financial requirements and is that ok for my visa sir?

joannet
19th December 2012, 00:01
sir terpe my husband getting income support fr JOBCENTERPLUS and DISABILITY CARERS ALLOWANCE what do you think sir do i need to submit this two income support he getting thanks alot

Terpe
19th December 2012, 15:40
sir terpe my husband getting income support fr JOBCENTERPLUS and DISABILITY CARERS ALLOWANCE what do you think sir do i need to submit this two income support he getting thanks alot

Yes, you'll need to submit all the evidence of income etc.
Take a look at the VAF4A Financial Requirement form and review the question and guidance.
It appears from what your shared that the maintainance side is ok.
But please verify this between yourself and your husband

jane2009
23rd December 2012, 14:07
Hi Sir Terpe,
I would like to ask related this topic. I have a friend who is in relationship with british man but the problem is he is Disability living allowance...I can not just answer her question as i have no idea what to do...I would like to know how many months he needs to wait to petition his girlfriend? As he just started his disability living allowance few months ago..Her boyfriend's dad is willing to co-sponsor, he is a pensioner and have a 4 bedroom house. I just want to ask what are the procedure and steps that they need to do? Thank yoou very much Sir...Happy New Year and have a lovely holiday! cheers:wink:

Terpe
23rd December 2012, 16:33
Those with Disability Allowances are exempt from the main Financial Requirements. This exemption is evidenced by just 1 months payments.
The income threshold are replaced with the need to prove 'adequate maintenance'. In principle this would mean demonstrating adequate financial income and adequate accommodation.
In terms of money, it's basically required to have an income of £111.45 per week after deducting housing costs and some type of loans.

It's not allowed to have third party sponsors for finances, but it is quite possible to have accommodation provided by friends and/or family.

There is also a requirement to prove genuine relationship.

jane2009
23rd December 2012, 17:32
Hi Sir Terpe,
Thank you Sir! Yes my friend and her boyfriend have been seen each other i think its 3 times. And now they are trying to do some research on how to start to petition her as a fiance visa... As what she told me that the flat her boyfriend lives now the government paid for it...So all they need to do now sir is to get ready all those documents from disability living allowance, proof of accomamodation and to prove and income on this account. and etc?

cheers

Terpe
23rd December 2012, 17:41
Sounds goods :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Speedyman52
3rd February 2013, 14:55
Are savings required in addition to meeting the Financial requirement of £18600, due to having a overdraft i am worried that this might affect our application.

Thanks

Speedyman52

Terpe
3rd February 2013, 17:36
Are savings required in addition to meeting the Financial requirement of £18600, due to having a overdraft i am worried that this might affect our application.

Thanks

Speedyman52

Speedyman, please take some time to read the UKBA webpages on the Financial Requirement.
Also make a quick search here on the forum in the UK Visa sub-forum

Firstly, overdraft /loans/credit cards etc are of no interest to UKBA when making visa application so please don't worry about that side of things.

In so far as you can meet the gross income requirements there is no question on any outgoings.

Secondly, there is no requirement to have any savings at all.
Savings, however can be used to make up any shortfall in income requirements.

Only savings above £16000 will be counted.

Speedyman52
3rd February 2013, 20:37
Thanks again Terpe,

I earn over the income requirement of £18600 and you have put my mind at rest now regarding this matter, Me and my wife will be applying for a spouse visa on my return to phils in May.

Speedyman, please take some time to read the UKBA webpages on the Financial Requirement.
Also make a quick search here on the forum in the UK Visa sub-forum

Firstly, overdraft /loans/credit cards etc are of no interest to UKBA when making visa application so please don't worry about that side of things.

In so far as you can meet the gross income requirements there is no question on any outgoings.

Secondly, there is no requirement to have any savings at all.
Savings, however can be used to make up any shortfall in income requirements.

Only savings above £16000 will be counted.

Terpe
4th February 2013, 21:02
Thanks again Terpe,

I earn over the income requirement of £18600 and you have put my mind at rest now regarding this matter, Me and my wife will be applying for a spouse visa on my return to phils in May.

Good luck to you.
It'll be time for celebration when you can be together