PDA

View Full Version : Registering my wife with Doctors etc.

marksroomspain
18th December 2012, 23:41
Just got round to registering my wife at the doctors surgery then tomorrow at dentist, bank and her national insurance number ect ect, she has registered with the doctor as her surname same as mine and kept her maiden name in the middle as you do.

The question I ask is as her visa is under her maiden name also her passport, is this an ok thing to do ie: do I have to inform UKBA that she is doing this or do you just have to inform them about name change when she renews her passport, basically is it better to keep her maiden name when registering with the doctor, dentist, bank, NI number until renewal of passport just a bit confused thanks guys...

stevewool
18th December 2012, 23:45
married name always when you can, just make sure you carry the marriage cert with you , till you change the passport,how did you get the wife intoi a dentist, i cannot get mine into my dentist at all

marksroomspain
19th December 2012, 11:06
Hiya Steve thanks for your reply, I have heard about problems registering for dentists in certain parts of the country even if your a british citizen, I just think its down to pot luck depending where you come from, we are residing in the north east where our practice is taking on new patients all the time, I can imagine it being frustrating for you and it should be a right but the way it is its feels more like a privelage to have your own dentist...:cwm25: