PDA

View Full Version : Balikbayan Boxes Help!

marksroomspain
19th December 2012, 15:13
Hi guys just wondering where you can purchase large cardboard boxes to send goods back home to my wifes family and how much is the postage approximately and what companies would you advise, we are residing in the North East of England thank you...

raynaputi
19th December 2012, 15:18
We use LBC. A jumbo box (30x22x20 inches) has cost me £75 from North Wales to Cavite. Prices depend where you would send it. Here's their website, http://www.lbcexpress.com/UK and their number 020-31102522

Steve.r
19th December 2012, 15:50
To follow Rayna's post, I use LBC too and are very good. THEY supply the box

Dedworth
19th December 2012, 16:21
Blimey that's quick :biggrin:

Slip
19th December 2012, 16:38
Can I advise that you wrap everything very very well and make sure the boxes aren't bursting at the seams and so heavy that the poor souls along the way that lift the boxes don't put their backs out lifting them, they have a long journey ahead of them.

I have had boxes come through my work in little more than what one could describe as a paper box, they weigh in excess of 80KG and the customers wonder why their cargo gets damaged. The diplomatic answer is because the people that handled the box along the way didn't take care. But the truth is the customer overpacked the box and the box gave out on it's thousands of miles journey.

Sorry, rant over. I know people here must have more sense then some customers I have to deal with.

fred
20th December 2012, 00:31
Can I advise that you wrap everything very very well and make sure the boxes aren't bursting at the seams and so heavy that the poor souls along the way that lift the boxes don't put their backs out lifting them, they have a long journey ahead of them.

I have had boxes come through my work in little more than what one could describe as a paper box, they weigh in excess of 80KG and the customers wonder why their cargo gets damaged. The diplomatic answer is because the people that handled the box along the way didn't take care. But the truth is the customer overpacked the box and the box gave out on it's thousands of miles journey.

Sorry, rant over. I know people here must have more sense then some customers I have to deal with.

Our box arrived safely a few weeks ago and it really was HEAVY!! It took three local labourers to get it on my portch and we needed a heavy duty trolley to wheel it into our house!! No way it could have split as looks like they used at least two rolls of reinforced duct tape on the thing..
The BB companies around the world advertise the fact that there is NO WEIGHT LIMIT so you can expect heavier and heavier boxes in the future..
How you guys manage to get these huge things from A to B largely in one piece is beyond me..
We all think you are wonderful.
Keep up the good work!

Steve.r
20th December 2012, 01:57
When I send my boxes they are always very heavy too, as long as all is packed well, there are no problems. Dont worry about the backs of the workers, as long as they can shift it, then they take it :wink:
I use a strapping machine from work to keep everything nice and tight, and I even (when I sent a really heavy box full of tools) went to B&Q and got them to cut me some 3mm hard board to the interior sizes of the box so I could line it for extra strength.

pic below of my final packed boxes:

Slip
20th December 2012, 06:24
When I send my boxes they are always very heavy too, as long as all is packed well, there are no problems. Dont worry about the backs of the workers, as long as they can shift it, then they take it :wink:
I use a strapping machine from work to keep everything nice and tight, and I even (when I sent a really heavy box full of tools) went to B&Q and got them to cut me some 3mm hard board to the interior sizes of the box so I could line it for extra strength.

pic below of my final packed boxes:

You're the kind of customer we like, you have palletized your boxes so we can use a fork lift truck to move them saving our poor backs :xxgrinning--00xx3: