PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Breakfast !!:))

sars_notd_virus
21st December 2012, 10:33
Oh yes I treat myself once a month for a delightful ''pinoy breakfast''...dried fish or dried squid with some rice tomatoes and vinegar/garlic/pepper/spring onions dipping..oh and sunny side up:hubbahubba:

sars_notd_virus
21st December 2012, 10:39
Oh and a milky coffee .. with a splash of brandy:hubbahubba:

KeithD
21st December 2012, 11:10
I hope you are cooking and eating that in the shed :biggrin:

raynaputi
21st December 2012, 11:12
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

I'm too lazy to cook in the morning so I just have cereal for breakfast all the time..:icon_lol: Breakfast like this make me wish my mom is here!!! :biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
21st December 2012, 11:18
I hope you are cooking and eating that in the shed :biggrin:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
21st December 2012, 11:27
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

I'm too lazy to cook in the morning so I just have cereal for breakfast all the time..:icon_lol: Breakfast like this make me wish my mom is here!!! :biggrin:

this is a once a month breakfast treat for myself ,u can try it as well... I am sure keith wont mind waking up so loud with the scent of a lovely dried squid or dried fish:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st December 2012, 12:02
Keithy would rather wake up in a Manc sewer :icon_lol:

jlags90
21st December 2012, 19:54
I am wondering where the boiled rice is:Erm:

Terpe
21st December 2012, 20:04
I like the egg, I like the tomato and I like the dip :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Add some garlic fried rice and I'm in heaven :hubbahubba:

My very fave breakfast is my Christmas breakfast. Shredded smoked salmon on a bed of scrambled eggs on a toasted brioche. :hubbahubba:

Then on Boxing day kippers on brown bread toast :hubbahubba:

songz777
26th December 2012, 16:01
While I was in Cagayan, my love would have white rice dipped in soya sauce with some chicken that Ma cooked and that was it every morning :) So I decided to get some All Bran etc .. to much rice ..say no more :)
I think rice is nice but mixed with other things like sweet corn or chicken chunks etc.

I tried squid .. never again! tastelss lump of inner tube :) and I refused to try the hard boiled egg with a part grown chick lol .

:)

sars_notd_virus
27th December 2012, 16:21
I like the egg, I like the tomato and I like the dip :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Add some garlic fried rice and I'm in heaven :hubbahubba:

My very fave breakfast is my Christmas breakfast. Shredded smoked salmon on a bed of scrambled eggs on a toasted brioche. :hubbahubba:

Then on Boxing day kippers on brown bread toast :hubbahubba:

I love fish for my breakfast too, salmon or mackerel with rice,...I am always having continental breakfast at work everyday thats why i dont like to have any more bread during my off days.

My honey roasted Salmon and mackerel with rice for breakfast.

sars_notd_virus
27th December 2012, 16:24
much rice ..say no more :)

I tried squid .. never again! tastelss lump of inner tube :)

:)

Aww that is sad:NoNo:...how will you not like a lovely looking dried stinky squid in the picture:hubbahubba:

Michael Parnham
27th December 2012, 18:52
Dont wish to offend anyone, but I couldn't eat any food that filipino's eat :NoNo:

sars_notd_virus
27th December 2012, 19:00
I couldn't eat any food that filipino's eat :NoNo:

your loss not ours:cwm25:

grahamw48
28th December 2012, 00:39
I'd love to eat most of what I've seen there...except perhaps the squid. :smile:

Healthy and tasty eating. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th December 2012, 13:59
Dont wish to offend anyone, but I couldn't eat any food that filipino's eat :NoNo:

I'm willing to bet there's loads of traditional dishes you may not have tried.

If I'm honest, there are dishes in Philippines that I don't care for too.
Just like there are dishes here in UK that I just won't go near.
Probably like a lot of folks.

But there are a lot of dishes that are just wonderful.

How about beef calderetta Michael ?
In principle a lovely winter warming beef stew. :hubbahubba:

jake
28th December 2012, 14:19

Guess you wont be wanting my special Dinuguan recipe then:icon_lol:
Its probably the only filipino food i cant eat. The look and smell is enough to put me off.
Love dried fish:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
28th December 2012, 14:33
Keith don't like Filipino food either..:doh

Terpe
28th December 2012, 14:37
Keith don't like Filipino food either..:doh

inihaw na manok? :biggrin:

raynaputi
28th December 2012, 14:52
inihaw na manok? :biggrin:

Well he only likes fried chicken..from KFC!!!! :doh

Terpe
28th December 2012, 17:43
Well he only likes fried chicken..from KFC!!!! :doh

I used to work nights at KFC
As cook :yikes:

Cooks responsibility started by cutting up the whole chickens on a bandsaw, applying that special secret recipe, pressure frying in the special FAT, carefully placing in correct order on the trays and putting in the hot storage.

andy222
28th December 2012, 19:20
Im afraid it will be sugarflakes and egg and bacon for me at breakfast time. I am going to have balut this time though as a matter of mixing in with the culture.:icon_lol:

mickmyrna
28th December 2012, 19:53
When im at home in Sogod, Cebu, i like to eat most filipino dishes........among my favourites are malungay, chop suey,and pancit canton!!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
28th December 2012, 20:18
When im at home in Sogod, Cebu, i like to eat most filipino dishes........among my favourites are malungay, chop suey,and pancit canton!!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

healthy too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th December 2012, 20:29
.....I am going to have balut this time though as a matter of mixing in with the culture.:icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good on yer Andy. Well done.
I can tell you there's absolutely no awful taste involved.

Everyone should try it at least once. As you say say cultural spirit.

Have the best time ever mate :jump:

Terpe
28th December 2012, 20:40
Guess you wont be wanting my special Dinuguan recipe then:icon_lol:
Its probably the only filipino food i cant eat. The look and smell is enough to put me off.
Love dried fish:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm very very selective with the specific recipes of Dinuguan that I'll eat.
There's not many I agree to. :NoNo:
But if it's right I'll eat loads.
I just love 'Black Pudding' but neither my wife nor her pals will touch it. :Erm:

How odd is that?

My wife loves (really loves) dried fish. Me, I can eat it if I really really must but don't like it at all. Mind you, I'd rather eat dried fish than Durian :yikes:

Moy
28th December 2012, 20:43
Mind you, I'd rather eat dried fish than Durian

and i would rather:Cuckoo: have black pudding than marmite:xxaction-smiley-047:yikes::biggrin:

grahamw48
28th December 2012, 21:01
I can't eat Fig Biscuits or Butter Beans. :cwm3:

sars_notd_virus
28th December 2012, 21:47

true true....My husband eats everything that my Mum cooks when he visits PH (everything is ''masarap'' he said)

Terpe
28th December 2012, 21:56
and i would rather:Cuckoo: have black pudding than marmite:xxaction-smiley-047:yikes::biggrin:

'Twiglets' are a wonderful Christmas treat Moy, do try them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th December 2012, 21:59
I'm a true 'foodie' :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sars, your food and recipes look absolutely heavenly :hubbahubba:

andy222
28th December 2012, 22:54

Good on yer Andy. Well done.
I can tell you there's absolutely no awful taste involved.

Have the best time ever mate :Jump:
Thank you Peter just finished packing, Cant wait to see my wife and stepdaughter.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

-sillybilly-
30th December 2012, 14:24
Oh that looks yummy!
But does your neighbour comes out to find where the smell is coming from when you fry the dried squid of fish?
Mine did! Hahaha!

grahamw48
30th December 2012, 17:59
Mine would assume I'd just taken my trainers off. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
30th December 2012, 18:09
Hi Terpe, Yes I like beef stew also, roast beef & yorkshire pudding, Lamb stew, tripe and onions with mashed potatoes, welsh rarebit, chicken curry with boiled rice, bacon & egg, french toast, boiled eggs, pork dripping on bread, salads, finnon haddock cooked in milk ect: I could go on forever. I think one of the reasons I wont eat food in the Philippines is because I have watched how the Lechon is prepared and thinking about the terrible way they kill the pigs, it's extremely cruel!!:NoNo:

Terpe
30th December 2012, 21:05
I know just where you're coming from Michael.
No offence intended my friend and I wasn't trying to wind you up at all.
Many of those foods you like also have a variation in the Philippines.

Have you ever tried empanada ?
It's a filled pastry. In many ways like a minature pasty. Just wonderful.
I'm confident you'd enjoy those.

Some years ago I undertook a consultancy assignment for a very major meat processor here in UK.
I won't go into all the details but I think you'd be shocked by what I discovered.

Moy
30th December 2012, 22:45
'Twiglets' are a wonderful Christmas treat Moy, do try them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nope dont like them:grosyeux:..i would rather chippey or boy bawang mas lamian:Cuckoo::laugher:

Michael Parnham
3rd January 2013, 09:33
You know Terpe, whilst living in the Philippines I lost 2 stone in the first three months, and that was the good thing and never lost or gained any more because as time went on I found a few more things that I liked. My problem with food in the Philippines was presentation and the fact that the food was sweet and savoury mixed together. Having said that, I did manage to meet my requirements apart from bread, had great difficulty finding savoury bread. The one and only meal that I really enjoyed was Shakeys chefs salad at Shakeys of course, it was presented nice and was the nearest thing to a good british salad! :wink:

grahamw48
3rd January 2013, 10:17
I must admit that one of the main reasons I liked living in Angeles was the availability of Western food, due to the large expat population there. 'Proper' bread for instance. I bought or cooked more or less exactly what I'd eat back home. Bit of a cop out I know. :biggrin:

joy_86jm
7th January 2013, 15:32
Oh no dear :(

Moy
7th January 2013, 15:45
You know Terpe, whilst living in the Philippines I lost 2stone in the first three months, and that was the good thing and never lost or gained any more because as time went on I found a few more things that I liked. My problem with food in the Philippines was presentation and the fact that the food was sweet and savoury mixed together. Having said that, I did manage to meet my requirements apart from bread, had great difficulty finding savoury bread. The one and only meal that I really enjoyed was Shakeys chefs salad at Shakeys of course, it was presented nice and was the nearest thing to a good british salad!

i completely know and uderstand how you feel..as right now thats how i feel everytime im on the shop (UK):cwm3::cwm3: NOT BEING mean but the feeling is just mutual:biggrin:

han
7th January 2013, 16:05
:smile: :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Looks yummy breakfast nothing beats pinoy meal eh.
:cwm25: haven't tried cooking fried fish yet, but I will defo find it in some asian stores here.
I visited 1 asian store in Leith, Edinburgh- and I found mega sardines, which is one of my fave :icon_lol: :biggrin:
'ginisang sardinas' with hot rice yum yum..

Arthur Little
7th January 2013, 16:07
I lost 2 stone in the first three months,

Congratulations, Michael. And how refreshing :biggrin: to see an Imperial Weight mentioned ... since, all too often Weights & Measures are presented in continental, metrical terms, e.g., kgs, cms, etc.

sars_notd_virus
7th January 2013, 17:42
I'm a true 'foodie' :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sars, your food and recipes look absolutely heavenly :hubbahubba:

thanks terpe,...the dried fish taste like heaven ,..smells like hell :icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh that looks yummy!
But does your neighbour comes out to find where the smell is coming from when you fry the dried squid of fish?
Mine did! Hahaha!

thanks girl, no our neighbors never came out...but the foxes and seagulls did :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
7th January 2013, 17:52
:smile: :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Looks yummy breakfast nothing beats pinoy meal eh.
:cwm25: haven't tried cooking fried fish yet, but I will defo find it in some asian stores here.
I visited 1 asian store in Leith, Edinburgh- and I found mega sardines, which is one of my fave :icon_lol: :biggrin:
'ginisang sardinas' with hot rice yum yum..

thanks han, you better explore scotland coz they got fresh seafoods over there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

heres some more pics of my filipino breakfast...fried tilapia , rice and braised red cabbage ,sauteed sardines on top of rice, daing na bangus (milk fish) and special fried rice:hubbahubba:...love it specially during cold, wet miserable here in the uk:biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
7th January 2013, 18:01
I think one of the reasons I wont eat food in the Philippines is because I have watched how the Lechon is prepared and thinking about the terrible way they kill the pigs, it's extremely cruel!!:NoNo:

you mean this one?? the lechon:hubbahubba:

No,we dont do lechon for breakfast, it takes a lot of time to cook it about 8hours approximately...what is the proper way to kill an animal anyway, ...will you just wait for them to die of old age before you eat them or natural causes:Erm:

chrisincebu
15th February 2013, 07:48
Im afraid it will be sugarflakes and egg and bacon for me at breakfast time. I am going to have balut this time though as a matter of mixing in with the culture.:icon_lol:

Tastes better than it sounds but best to have the lights off when you attempt it :wink:

chrisincebu
15th February 2013, 07:52
Tried to make corned beef (consilog) Pinoy Breakfast last time we visited UK. The UK corned beef brick just didn't hit the spot. Maybe the texture or because of the absence of MSG :wink:

Rhose
15th February 2013, 10:32
my husband loves the tinapa, fried rice and scramble egg for breakfast..at dinner time he's looking forward to a spicy adobong manok or spicy caldereta..yummy! that's the only thing I will hear from him while eating...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
15th February 2013, 12:01
Thank god for "Kippers":biggrin:
Mick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
15th February 2013, 15:35
Thank god for "Kippers":biggrin:
Mick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes, the smell and taste is very tinapa lovely:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
15th February 2013, 15:40
scramble egg for breakfast.yummy! that's the only thing I will hear from him while eating...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes my husband bought me a nice looking bun similar to pandesal the other day and we enjoyed it with some scrambled egg and hotdog:hubbahubba:

Bikramyogi
15th February 2013, 18:33
Aww that is sad:NoNo:...how will you not like a lovely looking dried stinky squid in the picture:hubbahubba:

now this i seriously droolingly love

sars_notd_virus
1st April 2013, 10:44
breakfast today:
My homemade Tocino and Egg Fried Rice with peas:hubbahubba: