PDA

View Full Version : A quick 'Hi' from a(nother) newbie

PeterB
15th August 2007, 19:03
I just want to say 'Hi' to you all ... I just stumbled across this site today.

A quick resume ...
I met Ruby, my pinay, on Eyeball chat (don't ask :icon_eek:), towards the end of March this year. By the end of May, I was visiting her in Tagum. I landed in Davao at 12:55 ... by 16:00, we'd booked into the hotel in Tagum, and had gone on to visit her family in Asuncion, where I was quizzed by parents and older siblings about my intentions to their daughter/sister.

We had a wonderful ten days together, during which we discussed plans to marry and settle in Phils, and the time to return to UK came far too soon. The result was that just five weeks later, I was on my way back to Tagum for a second visit, with the intention of visiting the VFS offices in Makati in order to arrange a visitor visa, so that she can join me in UK while I tidy up all my committments here.

We planned 3 days in Makati, but that had to be extended ... at the first interview at the VFS office it was pointed out thet the photo in her passport had become delaminated. After a frantic 48 hours hassling the DFA, handing over large amounts of cash to various people (rush 'fees'), we had a replacement passport. Back at VFS, the following day, everything went according to plan. That was a Friday. On the following Friday, Ruby had a message to say that her passport, with visa, was awaiting collection in Tagum.

So it is, that I'm now back home in the UK, arranging flights for Ruby to visit next month! :)

Mrs Daddy
15th August 2007, 19:20
Goodluck and its a job well done!:-)

Shifty-Sidney
15th August 2007, 19:38
:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:
:action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:
:ARsurrender:
Hi ya, dont mind me - just messing.
and welcome to the house of ill repute :BouncyHappy:

Shifty-Sidney
15th August 2007, 20:03
On a serious note, i like your style. I intended doing a quicky visa like this, pity its all gone pear shaped at the moment (see I just found out my Filli GF lies to me lol).
mark

PeterB
15th August 2007, 20:09
Yes, Mark, I saw that thread! :( My commiserations, mate!

Shifty-Sidney
15th August 2007, 21:55
Hi ya Peter, no commiserations needed - looking on the bright side i have successfully identified 1 unsuitable partner.:doh

andypaul
15th August 2007, 23:15
Blimey you live life in fastforward glad its worked out well so far and hope it continues.

tiger@tigress
16th August 2007, 07:06
:Hellooo:Hiya Peter welcome to the forum :Hellooo:
When is she coming?

PeterB
16th August 2007, 07:28
Just trying to arrange flights ... the plan is that I fly over, stay for a week, and we come back together, arriving UK either September 12, or September 18.

Going over just for a week and to fly back again may sound extravagant, but there are a number of reasons .. it will give me a chance to see progress on the building work I'm paying for on the family house.

Also, we're expecting a new arrival following my first visit to Phils, and Mum will be happier that she doesn't undertake the 20 hour journey alone. She will be 12-13 weeks by the time we travel.

mach
16th August 2007, 07:53
maBuhaY & weLcome :Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
16th August 2007, 08:26
Hi Peter,
Welcome to this site.....

Peanutz
16th August 2007, 08:40
Welcome to the Forum PeterB!:Hellooo:

Goodluck to you and Ruby!!!:Hellooo:

ebony