PDA

View Full Version : British citizens top list for visa-free travel

joebloggs
24th December 2012, 19:49
so being a British Citizen does have some benefits, after all its a privilege you pay for :biggrin:
and i wonder if there is a link, why UKBA find so many in raids in this country ? Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan are ranked at the bottom.

British citizens can travel more extensively around the world without visas than passport holders from any other country, it has been revealed.

read more here .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/8058576/British-citizens-top-list-for-visa-free-travel.html

Terpe
24th December 2012, 20:08
I've also found that the length of stay is many countries is also quite extended. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th December 2012, 01:03
I should think so too !

It wouldn't surprise me if we'd invented passports and visas in the first place. :Erm:

Before that we'd just move in and take over of course. 'Gunboat Diplomacy'.

Erm, we don't need a visa...we OWN you. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
26th December 2012, 09:43
What position is Pinas in the league,I would think its not far off the bottom as its always had a rep for tago ng tago :icon_lol:

stevewool
26th December 2012, 09:50
thats the only reason why we are staying here and are going to get a british passport for Em, because one day thats going to help us more then we think

joebloggs
26th December 2012, 10:00
thats the only reason why we are staying here and are going to get a british passport for Em, because one day thats going to help us more then we think

well Steve, as the government has stated 'British Citizen is a privilege worth paying for' so pay you have to, but then your wife will then be free :Jump: from the money making visa rip-off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
26th December 2012, 10:12
We might not need a visa for the USA but we need an ESTA, which is basically a visa :doh

Arthur Little
26th December 2012, 12:46
We might not need a visa for the USA but we need an ESTA, which is basically a visa :doh

:icon_sorry: ... what's an ESTA, exactly? Never needed anything like this when I went to the US back in the 1990s. :NoNo:

stevewool
26th December 2012, 14:27
well Steve, as the government has stated 'British Citizen is a privilege worth paying for' so pay you have to, but then your wife will then be free :Jump: from the money making visa rip-off :xxgrinning--00xx3:
well after the ILR which we are already over 2 months into the wait, we can apply i think

stevewool
26th December 2012, 14:29
:icon_sorry: ... what's an ESTA, exactly? Never needed anything like this when I went to the US back in the 1990s. :NoNo:

its something you do online i think Arthur to see if you are allowed into the USA but i am sure Keith will explain better

joebloggs
26th December 2012, 14:30
well after the ILR which we are already over 2 months into the wait, we can apply i think

your wife needs to have been in the uk 3yrs at least on the day they receive her citizenship application.

stevewool
26th December 2012, 14:33
well next year start that process, may aswell get it all done sooner then later:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
26th December 2012, 14:42
well next year start that process, may aswell get it all done sooner then later:xxgrinning--00xx3:

it will not get cheaper or easier, so best thing to do as always is to apply asap :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
26th December 2012, 20:31

For the last few years you need to complete an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) prior to leaving, a few days before to give the security services a chance to check you out :cwm24: ..... it is actually a 'visa waiver' but is technically a visa in disguise :Rasp:

If you land in the US without one they send you home :yikes:

It used to be free but they now charge $14, which is fine as they don't take 9 months processing it, not having any other agency in mind :xxparty-smiley-004: