PDA

View Full Version : help on cni process and requirements in the uk

captaincay
29th December 2012, 05:42
hello everyone :Wave::Wave:
ive been reading lots of infos here, i hope you can also help us. it's my first post.

my fiance are having problems getting the information we need through phone calls, so any information will be greatly appreciated. :)

we're just wondering how to acquire a certificate of no impediment (CNI) in the UK and if he needs to bring any documentation before he can get it?

1. what are the requirements in getting it.
2. what are the process.
3. do you still have to post it on newspaper?

thanks in advance, ive been searching for cni but i cant find the right thread for us.

mendoza82
29th December 2012, 07:46
hello there,my husband get his cni in local registry in his area,he just have with him his birth certificate and passport, then local registry gave him a paper to fill up for all the information they need all about u,like name birthplace hometown stuff like that.when my husband submitted the paper he just waited for 21 days thats what the call ''POST''.i guess.and then get a stamped by solicitor,my husband is from kent,he went to london just to get the stamped,because he cant find a public solicitor near his place.hope this one help..goodluck

captaincay
29th December 2012, 09:29
:Hellooo: hi mendoza82 :Hellooo:

thanks for the reply :)

RickyR
29th December 2012, 09:40
Hi there,

You can checkout this thread which is full of info http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39532-CENOMAR-CNI-and-Marriage-in-the-Philippines

For your questions.

1. Phone up the local registry office, make an appointment and attend with birth certificate, passport and 'Name, Date of Birth and Address' of the Filipina/Filipino partner.

2. Wait 21 days, and then collect the certificate to take to the Philippines. Call up the Embassy in the Philippines as early as possible to make an appointment to convert the CNI.

3. No need, its posted in the Registry Office.

captaincay
30th December 2012, 03:38
:Hellooo: hi RickyR :Hellooo:

thanks for the reply :)

bigtilly
30th December 2012, 22:49
If your husband to be has been married before, he MUST take his divorce papers with him too along with his birth certificate and passport.

I went through this here in sunny Wakefield 4 months ago and it is pretty painless apart from being charged an outrageous £35 for 15minutes work! :omg:

captaincay
31st December 2012, 09:10
:Hellooo:hi bigtilly :Hellooo:

Thanks for the reply. He's single :) never been married.