PDA

View Full Version : recomending someone to a site

stevewool
5th January 2013, 08:22
my brother has asked if i could recommend some sites, either has a dating site or just to talk, he lost his wife 2 years back and just wants someone to talk to at first, i am not sure what to do , hes my brother i love him but hes a idle sod and doesnt do much at all,i would love for him to have the joys of life that i have got, but also i would hate to be responsible for him or for his new partner too if anything goes wrong,hes just over the 60 mark and is retired, what do i do

Michael Parnham
5th January 2013, 09:05
Have a long drawn out conversation with him first, because with respect Steve family are not always as they appear, as I have discovered in these past six months. Don't wish to offend, just be careful before you make a decision because its the future of a vulnerable lady from a third world country at stake, hope you come to the correct decision after all as you said, you also love your brother!!

stevewool
5th January 2013, 09:50
thats the problem, i do know him, hes what you would call a slob,over weight and has him own little ways of life,yes there may be someone out there for him, but i think i may give him some names of sites here in england first,dont get me wrong hes a good man but a slob still,you can imagine a lady from the east that would do everything for him and what does she get in return, well each to their own

Ako Si Jamie
5th January 2013, 11:04
Make Friends Online

http://www.makefriendsonline.com/

Senior Dating in Midlands

http://maturefreeandsingle.com/

Dating for larger people

http://www.bbwromance.com/

Or you could get him to join a slimming club/gym and kill two birds with one stone if you know what I mean. Clubs are a good place to meet new people.

lordna
5th January 2013, 20:01
Speaking from personal experience when i lost my first wife in 2002 , he may not of come to terms with losing his wife. I had counselling arranged through the local doctor but the hospice where my wife died also arranged help for me and the kids if we wanted it. Finding another partner may be too early at the moment.
The best way you can help is suggest he talks to others who have gone through it or suggest bereavement counselling. You could also help by talking to him about his wife. Its a really big thing to go through losing your partner and can take years to get over.

Hopefully Doc Alan is reading this and might be able to suggest something.

Think i was lucky as i had to focus on bringing up my 3 kids at the time. Thankfully the youngest is now 18 (next week) but it was a tough time. Your brother needs all the help he can get but may be unable to ask for it.

grahamw48
5th January 2013, 22:12
Plenty of Fish . com is a FREE dating site that has worldwide coverage...with a very good UK section, forums etc.

There are also quite a few UK resident Filipinas on it, if they are what take his fancy.

http://www.pof.com

A good easy-to-use site.

Sites like DateinAsia, although perfectly good, and free, can be quite challenging for a newbie. Lots of nice ladies (and ladyboys), but also many looking for financial support.

Ako Si Jamie
5th January 2013, 22:27
Plenty of Fish . com is a FREE dating site that has worldwide coverage...with a very good UK section, forums etc.

There are also quite a few UK resident Filipinas on it, if they are what take his fancy.

http://www.pof.com

A good easy-to-use site.

Sites like DateinAsia, although perfectly good, and free, can be quite challenging for a newbie. Lots of nice ladies (and ladyboys), but also many looking for financial support.Should be renamed 'Plenty of Slappers' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th January 2013, 22:33
Speaking from personal experience when i lost my first wife in 2002 , he may not of come to terms with losing his wife. I had counselling arranged through the local doctor but the hospice where my wife died also arranged help for me and the kids if we wanted it. Finding another partner may be too early at the moment.
The best way you can help is suggest he talks to others who have gone through it or suggest bereavement counselling. You could also help by talking to him about his wife. Its a really big thing to go through losing your partner and can take years to get over.

Hopefully Doc Alan is reading this and might be able to suggest something.

Think i was lucky as i had to focus on bringing up my 3 kids at the time. Thankfully the youngest is now 18 (next week) but it was a tough time. Your brother needs all the help he can get but may be unable to ask for it.

Took me 30 years

grahamw48
5th January 2013, 23:59
Should be renamed 'Plenty of Slappers' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You're right there...but everyone has different tastes I suppose. :biggrin:

I find it quite scary. :omg: :icon_lol:

stevewool
6th January 2013, 08:13
thanks all i shall pass on there sites

lordna
6th January 2013, 18:41
thanks all i shall pass on there sites

...but dont ignore the fact that he very likely needs to talk and may need counselling. The fact you say he is a bit of a slob etc is indicative that he has a problem and needs to talk to others who have gone through it. As your his briother you might be the best person to help and the fact he has asked you about sites may just be a cry for help.

stevewool
6th January 2013, 20:12
you may feel i am sounding bad about my brother calling him a slob, but its not just the lost of his wife that has made this happen, he has always been a slob that will never ever change, yes he is lonely but i can give him the sites and contacts but i know what would happen and i would not wish that on anyone,

grahamw48
6th January 2013, 20:28
Better that you are truthful with and about him Steve.

Too many people are diplomatic in such situations, which doesn't help someone who probably needs a good kick up the backside. :smile: