PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter, Emma Watson stopped by US border official who thought she was a chiild

joebloggs
6th January 2013, 01:13
:doh its got her birthdate in her passport :doh

Harry Potter star Emma Watson was stopped at US immigration – because officials thought she was a child travelling alone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/emma-watson-stopped-by-american-border-1520891

raynaputi
6th January 2013, 01:56
I got an officemate who wasn't allowed to sit by the emergency exit side of the plane when she was on a flight to US..stewardess thought she was just 12 yrs old. Mind you, she's around 5'4" tall at 24y.o. that time. And everytime they go out for a meal, she was always offered a kids meal, which actually annoyed her the most..hahaha..:icon_lol:

My bestfriend who had a vacation with her hubby in the US after they got married was often mistaken for a teenager, like below 18yo..she was around 28 that time..some guys even approached her and asked her age as they were having a bet she's still a minor..hahaha :icon_lol:

Terpe
6th January 2013, 15:34
Happens to me all the time :biggrin:

joebloggs
6th January 2013, 16:42
Happens to me all the time :biggrin:

what, people thinking your a schoolgirl :yikes:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

grahamw48
6th January 2013, 19:42
When I first brought the ex back here on Emirates (23 and already had 2 kids), they gave her a 'child's activity set' to keep her busy on the plane. :biggrin:

joebloggs
6th January 2013, 19:47
they gave her a 'child's activity set' to keep her busy on the plane. :biggrin:

that's the reason scouser Keith books a kiddies meal for himself :icon_lol:

-sillybilly-
6th January 2013, 20:13
I can remember when i brought my kids here in the UK once, we were in the ladies room and all of a sudden a woman came up to me and asked if they were my sister and brother? So I said they are my children!
Seriously, i didnt know what to feel. Should i feel flattered or embarrased. As I felt like do I really look young to have children or should i be wearing clothes like mature so people would know.

Specially now that they are growing taller, we were like mates while we walk down the shopping malls or having a meal.

Sometimes it can be very annoying when you look younger than your age. As it cause too much hassle specially when you havent got a single proof of your identification.

If I were Emma, I would really have a go and tell the staff about on how to properly check a person's identification. Like PASSPORT? :ReadIt:Thats what it is for. :doh

grahamw48
6th January 2013, 20:24
Take it as a BIG COMPLIMENT. :biggrin:

Make the most of it . Wish I looked younger than my age. :cwm3:

Arthur Little
6th January 2013, 20:25
If I were Emma, I would really have a go and tell the staff about on how to properly check a person's identification. Like PASSPORT? :ReadIt:Thats what it is for. :doh

:iagree:! But, to be honest - from the photos I've seen of her - she COULD, easily, be mistaken for a teenager ... and a young teenager, at that!

grahamw48
6th January 2013, 20:32
When I took my boy to Disney Florida (when he was 11), the US immigration man gave us a funny look, then looked at my son, asked my son if I was his dad, and what my name was ! :biggrin:

raynaputi
6th January 2013, 20:33
I was once mistaken as Keith's daughter! :omg: :icon_lol: It's always a compliment for me being mistaken as younger than what I really am..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th January 2013, 20:36
:laugher::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th January 2013, 20:36
I was once mistaken as Keith's daughter! :omg: :icon_lol: It's always a compliment for me being mistaken as younger than what I really am..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
or, i'm not saying it, just thinking :Erm:, but maybe Keith looks older than he is :olddude:

:biggrin:

-sillybilly-
6th January 2013, 20:58

Im sure Keith doesnt really look that:olddude:????:biggrin::biggrin:

raynaputi
6th January 2013, 21:04
Hahahaha...well we were having dinner with his parents and kids that day and the Chinese waiter went to our table to greet us (Keith and his family were regulars there) and it was the first time he has seen me..hahaha..so he said "I haven't seen your kids for a long time and didn't know you had three"...hahahahaha..we were all laughing after that! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
6th January 2013, 22:48
Hahahaha...well we were having dinner with his parents and kids that day and the Chinese waiter went to our table to greet us (Keith and his family were regulars there) and it was the first time he has seen me..hahaha..so he said "I haven't seen your kids for a long time and didn't know you had three"...hahahahaha.. we were all laughing after that! :icon_lol:

:yikes: ... surprised Keith was!

Arthur Little
6th January 2013, 23:16
Reminds me of the time I went on holiday to the Channel Islands with my mum. Reason: she and I were both widowed. And she'd always had a notion to go to Jersey (probably having watched too much 'Bergerac' on the telly! :grosyeux:).

Anyhow ... to cut a long story short: one day, I was chatting to this old geezer (a fellow guest at the hotel we were staying at) when my mum appeared on the scene.

"Oh", said the :olddude:, "I've just been saying to your husband ..."
"Husband?" replied my mum ... ":NoNo: he's NOT my husband ... he's my son!"

:omg: ... even I could've almost heard a pin drop (a few of you who've met me know how bad MY hearing can be) and that was back in millennium year!

Boy ... was the poor guy embarrassed ... he ended up practically grovelling :icon_sorry: at my feet.

Arthur Little
6th January 2013, 23:36
:anerikke: ... was I bothered? :nono-1-1: not a bit of it - despite my being scarcely 56 at the time to my mother's 84 years. Besides, with her erect gait - and no trace of any visible grey hair - she'd ALWAYS been one of those lucky people who'd given the impression of being much, much younger than her age ... unlike her elder son!

Sadly, though, :bigcry: that holiday turned out to be her "swan song" since she suffered a fatal heart attack just a few months later.