PDA

View Full Version : Including Other Items Along With Document Via Courier To The Philippines

Moving Forward
6th January 2013, 11:30
For my wife's partner visa application it is looking like I will be sending the required documents to her via the DHL Express service. After the weight of the documents I may have an extra 1kg left before the weight limit of 5kg.

I wish to send her some items such as sachets of cosmetics, chocolates and a few other girly bits which are low value, legal items, along with the documents. However, I do not want to complicate things if such items would attract a customs charge as the important thing will be to get the documents there.

Have people who have sent personal items to the Philippines via courier had any issues with customs charges?

BoholoX
6th January 2013, 17:35
Hi, we are in the same boat, I'll be using DHL to send the final docs in a couple of weeks. It's Valentines soon and also my wife's birthday so I would LOVE to include something but my experience of customs isn't great (£90 tax on items worth £30) and its just too important to mess up. I'm sure she will understand:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sheriel
6th January 2013, 20:47
Hello we have sent Chocolates,perfume,soaps,girly leather bags and Documents,DHL,my wifes sister in Barangay bunga have it delivered to her home and we have done many a time in the last two years,Sheriels sister only have to pay motorbike courier,maybe 1000 pesos to 2000 pesos,where is the ninety english pounds from. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moving Forward
6th January 2013, 23:18
I do not understand why she has to pay an extra fee to a motorbike courier. From what I understand, DHL express have an inclusive price; the receiver should not have to pay anything unless there are customs fees involved.

When she pays the motorbike courier is the courier collecting customs charges on behalf of DHL?