PDA

View Full Version : Scamming FROM a Filipina?

Gavanddal
18th August 2007, 14:21
My sister in law in the Phils told me she'd be chatting with a guy in the UK. Apparently he was going to fly out and see her and had booked a business class flight but then found he didn't have enough money. He asked her to send him £200 or get her sister and I to "lend" him the money.
I smelled a rat and contacted the guy. He sounded African to me. Now, I don't wish to generalize but there's probably more African scammers trying to scam us Brits then there are Filipina scammers, but if if this guy is what I think he is then this is a new twist. An African trying to extort money out of a poor single mother in the Philippines! That's low. I reckon he was trying to get my sister in law to get me in the UK to give him £200 and then none of us would ever see him again.

Has anyone else heard of a case like this?

Gavin

Mrs Daddy
18th August 2007, 14:38
yeah,then I think they`re the one also sending emails trying to ask your bank account because they`ll invest money in your country and they need your bank account for that.They`re so so so scammers!!!KAPAL MUKHA!

ladyskype
18th August 2007, 14:54
Not heard of that...but that is disgusting!:cwm23:

Shifty-Sidney
18th August 2007, 14:55
Not the brightest of scammers is he? :omg:

tommyw
18th August 2007, 15:01
A friend lost 7 grand!!! to 1 of these African scammers a few years ago.
It was 1 of the most believable scams too. These guys really had done some research, can't remember the details now.
I don't want to sound cynical, but if something sounds too good to be true
then it most likely is.

charlwill
18th August 2007, 15:05
Yes!!! there are loads of them doing the same thing. :NoNo::NoNo:

PeterB
18th August 2007, 15:07
... if something sounds too good to be true
then it most likely is.
Well, I think my fiancée is too good to be true! :yikes:

KeithD
18th August 2007, 17:00
Bugger......I've been sussed......:ARsurrender:

fred
18th August 2007, 17:06
Keith..You low down scouce *******!!
How do you sleep at night?

andypaul
18th August 2007, 17:11
Keith..You low down scouce *******!!
How do you sleep at night?

Counts sheep not hard when your in wales i bet:D

fred
18th August 2007, 17:30
Counts sheep not hard when your in wales i bet:D

Ahhh...So thats why he moved to Wales!!:NoNo:
You sure thats all he does with em?

bornatbirth
18th August 2007, 20:26
scamming a filipino thats really bad!!!!
anyway i thought any filipino who had some spare cash got themselfs a maid?

i always wonder why u was online all the time win2win wats it like being related to a african dictator?

walesrob
18th August 2007, 20:47
Ahhh...So thats why he moved to Wales!!:NoNo:
You sure thats all he does with em?

I worry about you lot thinking about sheep all the time :xxgrinning--00xx3:Its not healthy :butthead:

walesrob
18th August 2007, 21:22
i always wonder why u was online all the time win2win wats it like being related to a african dictator?

win2win? Nah, sounds nothing like Mugabe

Pepe n Pilar
19th August 2007, 04:47
There is a saying "Meron manloloko kapag meron nagpapaloko".

mavid
19th August 2007, 06:23
I use to have a Nigerian boss...I applied as a secretary but he made me extract emails from the internet?! I was like...what on earth! Then later on, more Nigerians came... they were on a separate room...once i was asked to go in and i was surprised to see what they were doing...Certificates saying they won a lottery...won this and that...No wonder ever since i worked with them, i started having spam emails with the same content!

Gavanddal
19th August 2007, 10:02
I used to get of lot of these scam emails at work and I kept one of them stringing along for a while. Of course the fraud office don't advise it but it was great fun. There are a few horror stories about guys being duped to go to other countries to collect the "money" and getting murdered.
The one I played along with was offering me the usual story of getting a share of millions of dollars. I told them to send me £3000 cash up front and I would help them. (obvious I wouldn't and obviously there were no millions).
Strangely no £3000 arrived :Erm:
Unfortunately there's plenty of gullible people out there who don't know about these things. So if you send me £1000 and your bank account details I'll tell you all about it :D

joebloggs
19th August 2007, 11:30
why didn't your sister tell him to fly cattle class, i mean economy class :D , instead of business class, would be half the price, only scouser keith goes business class :icon_lol:

a woman was scammed out of £30,000 in manchester 4 yrs ago, scammed by a woman claiming to be the wife of the ex-president of the Philippines.:NoNo:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/71/71619_mums_30k_email_scam_anguish.html

so beware, never send anyone money unless you can afford to give it away :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
19th August 2007, 12:26
..... only scouser keith goes business class :icon_lol:

:Erm: Be a bit difficult when I'm flying my own plane :D

joebloggs
19th August 2007, 13:42
:Erm: Be a bit difficult when I'm flying my own plane :D

you've bought one of those mini remote planes to :xxgrinning--00xx3:, only good thing is you don't need a license to fly one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gavanddal
20th August 2007, 19:27
Just an update. He's now emailed me and asked to borrow £200-£300.
And his email name doesn't match the name he signed with. Hmm
So I've told him, if he's genuine he'll wait until he has earned the money before going to the Phils but I believe he's a scammer.

Next stop, send his details to the fraud office maybe.
But who knows, he may be genuine, but I doubt it!

Alan
20th August 2007, 19:45
Hmmmm - I don't DOUBT it - I KNOW it.

BTW Gavin - if you send me your card number and your PIN - I shall deposit £10,000,000 into your account for all your troubles ok? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al

zef
20th August 2007, 22:33
BTW Gavin - if you send me your card number and your PIN - I shall deposit £10,000,000 into your account for all your troubles ok? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al

Alan what a considerate guy you are :D:D

KeithD
21st August 2007, 09:06
...and if he doesn't my scouse mates will take him out for the day :D

:NEW4:

:xxangry-smiley-038:

:xxsport-smiley-002:

:Sex: ............................... :Erm: