PDA

View Full Version : IELTS Ideas?

janoel
8th January 2013, 04:38
Hi everyone! I'm Jan, 22 and planning to take IELTS maybe this year or next year. Just want to ask if taking the exam and getting desirable score could really give me enough advantage to earn a job in U.K. I had a strong desire to go to U.K maybe 2 or 3 years from now. Also need to know if the IELTS results will last for a lifetime or if it's renewable.

Thanks to all and best regards,
Janoel

raynaputi
8th January 2013, 10:34
IELTS result only has a validity of 2 years. If you are using it for work, you need to take the Academic test. But I would just like to warn you that for citizens of non-EU countries, you have zero chances of getting a working visa, unless you are a highly skilled person that the UK needs. Also, avoid searching for UK works online as if not all, most of them are scams. Be very careful. Check UKBA site for more details about working visa. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/

janoel
10th January 2013, 04:02
Thanks for the help and advice Raynaputi. :)

I'm planning to maybe travel to u.k first as a tourist, know and familiarize the land, then if there are legal job offers then I would definitely grab it. I also had a friend who works in a luxury cruise, she could help me with the sponsorship stuffs. :) And don't worry, I don't trust online job offers as well.

Thanks so much! :Jump:

raynaputi
10th January 2013, 11:18
Thanks for the help and advice Raynaputi. :)

I'm planning to maybe travel to u.k first as a tourist, know and familiarize the land, then if there are legal job offers then I would definitely grab it. I also had a friend who works in a luxury cruise, she could help me with the sponsorship stuffs. :) And don't worry, I don't trust online job offers as well.

Thanks so much! :Jump:

Having only a tourist visa and applying for work is ILLEGAL!

janoel
11th January 2013, 02:47
Having only a tourist visa and applying for work is ILLEGAL!

Yep. It is really illegal. :xxgrinning--00xx3: But I heard that there were other companies that will let you apply for a moment and then let you work as soon as you got your working visa.

Thanks for the concern Rayna. This really proves i'm safe in this forum. :)

Steve.r
11th January 2013, 05:24
Yep. It is really illegal. :xxgrinning--00xx3: But I heard that there were other companies that will let you apply for a moment and then let you work as soon as you got your working visa.

Thanks for the concern Rayna. This really proves i'm safe in this forum. :)

Like Rayna already told you, 99.99% are scams. No matter how they try to make it look legal, they are not so again you have been warned. Do not be fooled, the UKBA are your first port of call if you qualify for work in the UK.

janoel
14th January 2013, 03:44
Like Rayna already told you, 99.99% are scams. No matter how they try to make it look legal, they are not so again you have been warned. Do not be fooled, the UKBA are your first port of call if you qualify for work in the UK.

Oh wow! I see. Thanks for this warning Steve. I guess I should really be super extra careful. I'll keep 'em in mind.

Thanks again Rayna and Steve. Cheers! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
14th January 2013, 12:35
I'm planning to maybe travel to u.k first as a tourist, . I also had a friend who works in a luxury cruise, she could help me with the sponsorship

I am just wondering about your statement above ..about a friend who works in a cruise and be a sponsor for your tourist visa, can you explain me more about it???

Steve.r
14th January 2013, 13:09
I am just wondering about your statement above ..about a friend who works in a cruise and be a sponsor for your tourist visa, can you explain me more about it???

To be honest the whole thing sounds like an underhanded way to enter the UK. I think the OP has eyes set on coming here to visit and look for ways to find work, which of course is illegal. Either that or find a way to overstay.
The OP has not stated their work experience or background, therefore I can assume they have not got the required skill set for legal entry in the UK.

As a forum we cannot and will not advise people on how to enter the UK under false pretences or give them ways to work around the directives of the UKBA. We all pay our taxes, and I for one do not want to pay for one more illegal immigrant.

janoel
15th January 2013, 08:21

Honestly, I don't really have much ideas with regards to employment systems in UK. I was only told by my friend that in order to get a job in UK, even as a temporary worker, you need to get a sponsorship from an employer to approve your working visa. And she knows some businessmen who could help. But now that Rayna and Steve warn me about the legality and strict requirements, and that there's a chance that it could be just 99.9% scam. I doubt if the offer could LEGALLY give me a job. I just hate being illegal.

I guess I should need to settle with being a tourist for the mean. Enjoy life while young. :)