PDA

View Full Version : IT Job in the UK and work requirement

Mrs.Smith
8th January 2013, 07:47
Hi Guys,

Im set to fly to the UK on February. I wanted to look for a job once in the UK.
I have 13 years experience in IT industry. I worked in America for 1.5 years when my company sent me there for project assignment. I would like to know if there's a chance for me to work in IT field there and what are the necessary requirements I should prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

raynaputi
8th January 2013, 11:50
What visa do you have in coming here? If you are on spouse visa, there are quite a number of IT jobs available here. But it still depends on where you live. I also worked in IT industry for almost 8 years before coming here. When I was browsing for possible job opportunities, most IT jobs are located in London, the Midlands, Cardiff and other major cities in the UK, and I could only find very few near where I live.

About the requirements, well obviously you need a valid visa to work in the UK. Also, NI (National Insurancce, http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm) is a requirement too. Resume or CV is also needed. Companies would conduct interviews and CRB checks as well.

Mrs.Smith
8th January 2013, 12:19
What visa do you have in coming here? If you are on spouse visa, there are quite a number of IT jobs available here. But it still depends on where you live. I also worked in IT industry for almost 8 years before coming here. When I was browsing for possible job opportunities, most IT jobs are located in London, the Midlands, Cardiff and other major cities in the UK, and I could only find very few near where I live.

About the requirements, well obviously you need a valid visa to work in the UK. Also, NI (National Insurancce, http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm) is a requirement too. Resume or CV is also needed. Companies would conduct interviews and CRB checks as well.

Thanks rayna for the reply. I'm holding a spouse visa. Based on the jobsites that I visited, it seems that most of the IT jobs are in London.

Terpe
8th January 2013, 13:01
Thanks rayna for the reply. I'm holding a spouse visa. Based on the jobsites that I visited, it seems that most of the IT jobs are in London.

Your best bet is to search those jobs close to where you will live in UK.
Local newspapers (often online), local councils and local jobcentres.

Using national job search try to focus on your post code.

Mrs.Smith
9th January 2013, 05:08
Your best bet is to search those jobs close to where you will live in UK.
Local newspapers (often online), local councils and local jobcentres.

Using national job search try to focus on your post code.

Thanks terpe for the tips.
I know UK government is against discrimination.
Is there anyone here experienced in finding a job specially in office works?