PDA

View Full Version : May I ask - do the visa people frown upon times between divorce and re-marriage?

Iani
10th January 2013, 00:20
Hi

Perhaps a silly question, but I just can't find anything about this online.

I have a friend who has put the wind up me, saying that the visa people might get funny about the fact there was only a month between my divorce being finalised, and my remarrying.

I'm not even sure if I haven't seen someone on here say something about this in the past, but I just can't find any reference.

I mean though, it's as simple a reason, as the fact that my ex partner and I just didn't see it worthwhile bothering with getting divorced, neither of us had intentions of re-marrying, absolutely no way!

Then I met my girlfriend, and realised she was all I wanted and I wanted to marry her more than anything (Yes I know, I know, fetch a bucket :icon_lol: )

Not knowing how this would work, and how expensive it would be, we both just put it off so long, but grief, even my ex (who I still get on with in a casual aquaintance sort of way) could see how loved up I was, and didn't want anything to get in my way.

I'm wondering then, I have to of course include a copy of the decree absolute with the visa application, am I worrying about absolutely nothing, or should I make reference to why the divorce was so soon before our wedding, I could even probably get my ex to write a supporting letter on this (Though would rather not ask her, not really appropriate is it).

Or would it perhaps be best not to draw attention to such a thing and just leave well alone.

Yes I know this is probably a truly daft question, but it is on my mind

Thanks again

grahamw48
10th January 2013, 00:25
If they did have a problem with it, then it would be totally ridiculous. :NoNo:

It's not against the law to get divorced and then marry again is it ? :Erm:

:censored: all to do with them anyway, as long as your paperwork is correct.

Now I can see that if someone had married a string of foreigners...fair enough, cause for suspicion.

Iani
10th January 2013, 00:27
I know Graham, it certainly would be beyond ridiculous, but...........maybe I worry too much

bigmarco
10th January 2013, 00:32
Exactly the same as me Ian. I got divorced in July and married in October and when our spousal visa was refused it was one of the things that was mentioned in the refusal by the idiot who didn't study the application.
If I was you I would make a mention of it in a supporting letter that although only recently divorced you have been apart from your ex for some considerable time .:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
10th January 2013, 07:44
we all worry overe silly things, but once its in your head its a major thing, like bigmarco says put a little note in with the rest of the papers

Michael Parnham
10th January 2013, 09:00
Don't worry Iani, my Maritess and I married shortly after my divorce, no problems at all!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th January 2013, 10:01
there was rumors that the gov was going to do something if you had married a non European before and that marriage didn't last and then you were planning marrying another non European.

looks like they haven't yet thou.

Iani
10th January 2013, 19:23
Thanks guys, I might just think of some wording to put in the letter I'm going to write.

Oh my ex was definitely European, although......... nah, too obvious joke. We've moved on, I wish her well etc

sheriel
10th January 2013, 19:34
Good luck,you should have no Problem,no problem,lots have done that here, :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: