PDA

View Full Version : Fall in students from India and Pakistan as immigration rules bite

joebloggs
11th January 2013, 21:00
Drop in Indian and Pakistani students of 23.5% and 13.4% partly due to growing perception that Britain is not a welcoming place

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/jan/11/fall-students-india-pakistan-immigration

Tawi2
11th January 2013, 21:24
the fall in student numbers from India and Pakistan is partly due to the growing perception that Britain is not a welcoming place for BOGUS students
I ammended the quote slightly,I wonder how many of the % were genuine students?

and partly to the new visa rules that mean students cannot work during or after their studies.
Good,theres a few more rules need sharpening up and changing before they get a workable system that all but eliminates the bogus from the genuine.

grahamw48
11th January 2013, 21:58
I won't beat about the bush.

Good. :smile:

raynaputi
11th January 2013, 22:07
Good news, I think..:biggrin:

Dedworth
11th January 2013, 22:24
Today's good news story

Terpe
11th January 2013, 23:00
I have no real idea how many are genuine or not, just going by the UKBA tv programme the majority are portrayed as abusers.

andy222
12th January 2013, 03:47
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good.

Tawi2
12th January 2013, 11:35
Some interesting facts :Erm: between 2004-2008 42,000 pakistani students were admitted to the UK,in 2009 19,205 indian students were admitted of which roughly half were doing postgrad courses(higher education diploma and NVQ chip-shop colleges)and in 2008 47,000 fully trained pinay nurses applied for visas(thats nurses,I dont know how many other pinays applied) to study health-related courses mainly NVQ's :Erm: I know or have known indian,pakistani.nigerian,kenyan,tanzanian,zimbabwean,pinay etc "students" here on NVQ's and they were to a man(and woman)here to work,the postgrad Diploma/NVQ courses were the wedge to get into the door,to prise it open and get their feet under the table......47,000 fully trained nurses wanting to do diplomas and NVQ's?:icon_rolleyes:

Iani
12th January 2013, 11:47
Call me nuts (many do) but I'd personally not have too many problems with students coming here from overseas and even maybe bending the rules working in the "stuff till you chuck" buffet restaurant. I have great affection for overseas students coming here because they hear Britain is a great place to study, and a great culture, and they want to make loads of friends and life experiences that they will take home and remember forever.

Got no time for students from countries which perhaps don't like us. That's all I'm saying, perhaps the thread I've put this in speaks more than these words.........I'm saying nowt :icon_lol:

Dedworth
12th January 2013, 12:00
Call me nuts (many do) but I'd personally not have too many problems with students coming here from overseas and even maybe bending the rules working in the "stuff till you chuck" buffet restaurant. I have great affection for overseas students coming here because they hear Britain is a great place to study, and a great culture, and they want to make loads of friends and life experiences that they will take home and remember forever.

Got no time for students from countries which perhaps don't like us. That's all I'm saying, perhaps the thread I've put this in speaks more than these words.........I'm saying nowt :icon_lol:

You are nuts :biggrin: