PDA

View Full Version : New Self Employment and Financial questions

bigtombowski
20th August 2007, 00:20
ok -

me and the missus plan to get married in the philippines about 1 year from now, and it will be wonderful :D

im reading now about the requirements for a settlement visa - - - and it all seems fine

ok

a question

i am planning of leaving my job and going self-employed! it will be a pretty safe income (And higher)!

Only one problem . . .
how do i go about convincing the E.C.O. or whoever about my ability to be financially independant without recourse to public funds?

I won't have 3 years' accounts!
i won't even have 1!

so what should i do???

thanks

tom:Cuckoo:

gracia143
20th August 2007, 02:33
You will only need 6months bank account statements prior to the application and a letter from your Accountant. Make sure the account looks healthy enough. Hope this helps...:xxgrinning--00xx3: Goodluck!

andypaul
20th August 2007, 12:57
Should be no problem having a postive bank account and showing its going to cope the arrival of your mahal will keep the ECO happy.

Tom just write loads along with your accountants letter to say everything is rosey and a few excel spreadsheets showing in and outgoings now and once marivic is here. Writing loads shouldn't be a problem for you:Rasp:

Shifty-Sidney
20th August 2007, 18:15
Hi ya Tom,
All good advice! a statement from your accountant is excellent for proof of income etc.

bigtombowski
20th August 2007, 20:21
Should be no problem having a postive bank account and showing its going to cope the arrival of your mahal will keep the ECO happy.

Tom just write loads along with your accountants letter to say everything is rosey and a few excel spreadsheets showing in and outgoings now and once marivic is here. Writing loads shouldn't be a problem for you:Rasp:

cheeky cheeky ;)

and EVERYONE, thanks for all your advice - i just got stressed when i saw on pete's website about presenting 3 years' accounts, i thought:omg::yikes::omg:

thanks guys for taking away some of my stress
tom

baboyako
20th August 2007, 20:22
Hi ya Tom,
All good advice! a statement from your accountant is excellent for proof of income etc.

Hey tom :action-smiley-081: :icon_lol: :Rasp:

..but seriously self employed is the only way to go :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have a good accountant & they give me good advise about tax, and tax, and :ARsurrender: tax.. :rolleyes:

Make sure you pick a reputable accountant & you will be fine :CompBuster: :NoNo: :D

bigtombowski
20th August 2007, 20:30
i have an accountant friend who works in the city of london who is willing to do my books for me, although . . . i think i should look here for a REPUTABLE accountant ;) lol! Anyone who does your taxes for free . . . ummm, well, get what u pay for i guess?!

tom