PDA

View Full Version : Application for ILR queries

Mickaela
13th January 2013, 21:31
Hi everyone,

I already passed my Life in UK test and is now preparing my documents for application of ILR. Is it necessary for me to call the Home Border Agency and ask when is the best time to submit an application via post? Did anyone of you availed the Settlement Checking Services? Was it helpful?

Thank you,

Mickaela

stem298
13th January 2013, 21:58
once you have all your things sorted out just send them, its up to you whether you use the checking service just a few more quid and peace of mind. we went just the postal route, and i am happy we did it this way, just the long wait, good luck in what you decide

stevewool
13th January 2013, 21:59
once you have all your things sorted out just send them, its up to you whether you use the checking service just a few more quid and peace of mind, we went just the postal route, and i am happy we did it this way, just the long wait, good luck in what you decide

thats right dear, and she is right too

Arthur Little
13th January 2013, 22:20
Hi, Mickaela ... I notice from previous correspondence that your Spousal Visa became effective from February 7, 2011. So, for example, if you arrived in the UK on that date then, under the 'Old Rules' existing at that time, you will be eligible to apply for the ILR anytime from now ... as the qualifying date is 2 years from the date of your arrival, less 28 days - taking you to 11 January, 2013. :smile:

Personally, I'd recommend using the 'Nationality Checking Service' - operated by many LARGER Local Authorities nationwide, where - for a small additional fee of approximately £66 (payable when you book your appointment) - staff will check and photocopy your passport and supporting papers, forwarding them to the Home Office at THEIR expense and returning the originals to you [passport included] on a 'While-U-Wait' basis ... thus affording you peace of mind. :xxgrinning--00xx3: