PDA

View Full Version : Queries from a newbie

mars
17th January 2013, 16:26
Hi there. I was reading this thread for a while and got myself worried now. I've a kid and also I finished a bachelor's degree but unfortunately I don't have any job. My bf wants to apply a visit visa for me to be able to meet his family and for me to visit my aunt at the same time. It's my parents who supports my needs as well as my daughter's. My bf is visiting Philippines every two months so he got us a house rented and he's been sending me monthly finances for the expenses. Apart from the bank statement I have (with my bf's support) I think I don't meet the said requirements needed. Does that mean I wont be able to qualify for the application and chances are low for them to grant me a visa?

Please help me regarding my queries.. Thanks!

mars
18th January 2013, 09:42
now anybody tell me how to deactivate/ delete my account? think I've joined the wrong site. posting on threads, people are viewing my query but none of them dares to even answer it. none sense. :thumbsdown:

bhem_bhem
18th January 2013, 10:41
It might be the people who viewed your post don't know what to say coz their situation is different from yours.

raynaputi
18th January 2013, 11:30
now anybody tell me how to deactivate/ delete my account? think I've joined the wrong site. posting on threads, people are viewing my query but none of them dares to even answer it. none sense. :thumbsdown:

With all the threads and posts in the forum, you need to be patient in getting answers. Not everyone would be able to respond right away, as people aren't here in the forum 24/7. Impatience won't do you any good. :doh

Now with regards to your questions, you need to give proofs that you have strong ties in the Philippines that would convince UKBA that you would return to the Philippines. This can include work, properties, etc. If you don't have any of that, it would be hard to convince them. If your only proof is that you have a child that needs you in the Philippines, you have to prove it to UKBA. But as you say, your parents are the one supporting you and your daughter. It would be harder for you to get a visit visa. But with a small cost of visit visa, you can try to apply, but be prepared.

mars
18th January 2013, 12:17
hi rayna, thanks for the response. it's just that I wanted a prompt answer, that's all. either be it a good one or bad i don't care as long as I'm given an idea about my situation. My aunt works in UK, she's a nurse, and been there for almost a decade now. I'm a nurse as well but I quit work two years ago because I got pregnant and have to look after for my own daughter. Me and my bf is in a relationship for about a year. We are planning to get married by early next year that's why he wants me to visit and meet his parents. I've also read a thread here that getting a visa is a lottery chance. Some who qualifies everything still fail to get one and some who don't, gets fortunate enough to be granted. I don't know, I don't have plans to settle in UK for my bf is a Brit but he works somewhere in the middle east, so technically I've no reason to stay longer than a month. He will come with me for a visit to his country on his vacation leave, given for just a month time. In such case, there will never be a reason for me to stay longer than his allowed leave.

marlyn&kenny
18th January 2013, 13:30
Hey, I understand your frustration but being so impatient doesn't help at al!!
this is a free website... like our admin's assistant said it would be harder if you apply for a visit visa.. so guess you will have to apply for a fiancée visa, UKBA become more strict than before so be prepared, submit all necessary documents ,proof that you have a strong relationship etc. and a healthy bank account from you BF counts! Good luck hunny x:Wave:

mars
18th January 2013, 13:52
money talks will never be a problem, my boyfriend will have more than enough and so with my parents. my aunt can also help me providing letter of invite, assisting me with accommodation and expenses too. i know about it but fiancee visa requires civil marriage as soon as we landed on the country. we plan to get married in the Philippines at the same time it will be a leave vacation for his family and my aunt too.:wink:

marlyn&kenny
18th January 2013, 14:16
YOu are one lucky girl :Jump: if money is not a problem, then Go ahead apply for a visit visa then!:smile: explain in your letter that you only want to visit his family and relatives and that you plan to get married in the Philippines bla bla... good luck girl :smile::smile:

money talks will never be a problem, my boyfriend will have more than enough and so with my parents. my aunt can also help me providing letter of invite, assisting me with accommodation and expenses too. i know about it but fiancee visa requires civil marriage as soon as we landed on the country. we plan to get married in the Philippines at the same time it will be a leave vacation for his family and my aunt too.:wink: