PDA

View Full Version : using YM as evidence of relationship

richardandjenny
21st August 2007, 21:52
I know to keep a record but how do you present it in terms of evidence of relationship.

Print out each conversation or as an overview? or other?

I realise you go into "contacts" then "message archive" but not sure how to record it effectively after that.

I used to hit the save button and put it in separate folder on my cpu. but it then doesnt have the date or time on it:doh so thats 10 months worth of saving wasted.

andypaul
21st August 2007, 22:38
Just an over view the chatlog showing each chat log. If you do some searching philp wrote a great example a few months ago with screenshots the lot.

if you printed out each convo i think youd have green peace after ya.

eljean
22nd August 2007, 07:46
emails will do....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
22nd August 2007, 10:24
with the archive log how do u print it??
that will save a lot of paper:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
22nd August 2007, 10:50
try print screen also.....it's more convincing than .txt file

richardandjenny
22nd August 2007, 13:29
oh thats great thanks i will look for that.

i have a pile of .txt files but they look naff.

Yossarian
22nd August 2007, 15:38
try print screen also.....it's more convincing than .txt file

But you can edit a txt file easily - and you may need to do that if there are conversation snippets that are... er... of a compromising nature :rolleyes:

vbkelly
23rd August 2007, 09:18
I know to keep a record but how do you present it in terms of evidence of relationship.

Print out each conversation or as an overview? or other?

I realise you go into "contacts" then "message archive" but not sure how to record it effectively after that.

I used to hit the save button and put it in separate folder on my cpu. but it then doesnt have the date or time on it:doh so thats 10 months worth of saving wasted.

click conversation in the top left side in your YM then click it and have option in it click the save as then go to your document that is and you can print it if you need it :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

5olidsnake
23rd August 2007, 20:26
captured screen shots of yahoo messenger archive around every week or so (we chat nearly everyday) and printed these, they did not contain much of the conversation only a few of the opening lines and showed the dates above that we have chatted.
EXAMPLE (http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0)

andypaul
23rd August 2007, 20:42
Nice example Solidsnake :xxgrinning--00xx3: as others and my self have said before you don't give the ECO a recording of each phonecall just the bill. they just want to see your chatting not what about its none of their business.

bornatbirth
24th August 2007, 09:56
how do u capture the screen shot? thx for ur help!!!!!

LEAHnew
24th August 2007, 10:37
Open Message Archives. Be sure that... only the ID of ur wifey/hubby :D was there..Then press print screen...OPen MS Word then click paste..it will appear as an image:rolleyes:
Hope it helps...:xxgrinning--00xx3::CompBuster:

kimmi
28th August 2007, 10:18
hi friends,

when i tried to print our yahoo chats at the archives only our conversation are printed..how am i going to print screen shots?i tried the one suggested by kukurokuk but it didnt save at MS Word or i cant paste it to word..

pls help..thanks..

LEAHnew
28th August 2007, 12:25
oh sorry to hear that kimmi,:doh i don't know why u can't paste it in MS WORD maybe 50lidsnake will explain easier how he made his example in the gallery:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
18th November 2007, 12:56
after seeing this thread awhile back,i have been saving our chat logs on the yahoo archive and this is a easy way to do it.
if u go here www.supershareware.com/get/capture-screen-shot.htmlor or search "capture screen shots windows".
just download the software and capture any active screen shot then save or print,just play around it until u get it right.
open the chat log archive to full screen and push the borders so its showing more of the chat logs,capture the screen then roll the chat log down and capture again,but remember to print the list off or save to a disc in case ur pc stops working!

andypaul
18th November 2007, 19:30
When you have the screen you wish to print press the print screen button normally in the top right area of the keyboard. You may need to press a shift or fn key depending on the model or it maybe a indivual key.

Then in ms paint (go to start accessories and then paint) or word. Then right click and paste
Volia the screen is there.