PDA

View Full Version : Ready, Aim, Fire !

Dedworth
22nd January 2013, 16:32
'No, no, no!' British grandmother, 56, breaks down in tears as Indonesian court sentences her to death for drug trafficking

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266264/Lindsay-Sandiford-Bali-drug-smuggling-British-grandmother-breaks-Indonesian-court-sentences-death.html#ixzz2IicZRWpm

I fully support executing drug traffickers and dealers

grahamw48
22nd January 2013, 16:37
She said she was aware that there was 'something' in the bag she was asked to carry, so I suppose it's down to her, regardless of whatever coercion she was allegedly subjected to. :NoNo: She was certainly guilty of extreme stupidity.

This sort of situation I find dificult to decide upon, because there is always the nightmare scenario of having stuff planted in your luggage.:cwm25:

Tawi2
22nd January 2013, 16:43
I fully support executing drug.........dealers
There goes the guy at the local off-licence and the girl behind Tesco ciggie-counter then :icon_lol:
This lady has a chequered history,I have followed their story for a while,to my mind(and I have met some VERY dodgy people over the years) she knew full well what she was doing but she was a low-level mule,you play with matches you get burnt,the ones who should feel the brunt of indo law are those she was working for,I dont believe the crap that she thought her childrens lives were in danger,thats a sympathy vote,its a failed get-out-of-jail-free card,she did it for cash,thats most mules enticement.

les_taxi
23rd January 2013, 18:15
Your in a foreign country-punishment is death?
Why are we intervening-it's their laws,unless she is innocent (not read whole story) then tough.
I remember being in Singapore my first time seeing the notices about drug punnishment and seeing the cops everywhere and thinking bloody hell I'm bricking it and I only got a tube of Berroca with me:icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
23rd January 2013, 21:03
She'll probably get it overturned, do 10-15 years then we'll see her whining on 'Banged Up Abroad' about how tough Bali jails were.

stevie c
23rd January 2013, 21:37
She said she was aware that there was 'something' in the bag she was asked to carry, so I suppose it's down to her, regardless of whatever coercion she was allegedly subjected to. :NoNo: She was certainly guilty of extreme stupidity.

This sort of situation I find dificult to decide upon, because there is always the nightmare scenario of having stuff planted in your luggage.:cwm25:

Graham having drugs planted that's my worry with the death penalty for drug smuggling its always in my mind when I hear these stories was the victim set up :NoNo:

grahamw48
23rd January 2013, 21:46
One reason I haven't been tempted to go to Thailand....and why I only carry hand baggage. Paranoid maybe, but that's just the way I feel.

stevie c
23rd January 2013, 21:47
One reason I haven't been tempted to go to Thailand....and why I only carry hand baggage. Paranoid maybe, but that's just the way I feel.

With every reason to be graham

les_taxi
23rd January 2013, 21:59

When I came back from Thailand,via Amsterdam to Leeds/Bradford airport guess who was pulled to one side:yikes:
The officer took me into a room and swabbed my bag-he then put the swab in drug detector machine and it played a tune:omg:
I was then told did I pack my own case,was it with me at all times - I said nope not when I checked it in!
I then had to sign a document while he opened it :cwm3:
I know I wasn't in Bangkok but starting thinking s... what if I've been set up!
He slowly and methodically went through all my stuff,opened presents and I was babbing it:yikes:
Luckily nothing was found :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I said why did your machine go off,he said it detected cocaine and my bag must have been in contact with another maybe in the hold and got contaminated :doh
All I can say was I'm glad it was in England and not Singapore - may have been a different story :icon_rolleyes:

Michael Parnham
23rd January 2013, 22:00
Have always travelled with hand baggage, never bothered with any other bags in over twenty years :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd January 2013, 22:05
Seems my concerns are not unfounded then Les. :cwm24:

les_taxi
23rd January 2013, 22:12
I would still go though if I felt like it, never really worry bout much these days - just get annoyed instead :biggrin: