PDA

View Full Version : Sending money back to the Philippines

lovejoy
24th January 2013, 14:09
Hi everyone! I know most of us here sending money back to the Philippines for our family. My question is what is the cheapest company to used to send money? Hope anyone can answer my question please. thank you!

melovesengland
24th January 2013, 14:18
We are using BPI. £5 fee for up to £1000.00 remittance. Have a look on their website on how to. https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/remittances and https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/faqs for more info.

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2013, 14:31
Hi everyone! I know most of us here sending money back to the Philippines for our family. My question is what is the cheapest company to used to send money? Hope anyone can answer my question please. thank you!

have you got any BPI/PNB/HSBC Account here in the UK? its easier and cheaper to transfer money once you have an account with any of the local banks in the PH...if not , try some filipino shops (they offer money padala) they do the same rate but is not too secured.

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2013, 14:32
We are using BPI. £5 fee for up to £1000.00 remittance. Have a look on their website on how to. https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/remittances and https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/faqs for more info.

Its only cheaper if you already got an Account with PNB/BPI/HSBC account here in the UK , they can charge you little because they got affiliated bank here and will just transfer your remittance via wired/online..

joebloggs
24th January 2013, 14:34
pnb europe.

lovejoy
24th January 2013, 14:50
Thanks for all the reply guys very much appreciated. I'm currently using Money Gram and everytime I send money it cost me £9.90 I'm kuripot. :icon_lol: I will check it out.

melovesengland
24th January 2013, 16:00
Its only cheaper if you already got an Account with PNB/BPI/HSBC account here in the UK , they can charge you little because they got affiliated bank here and will just transfer your remittance via wired/online..

Exactly, we use BPI to BPI for cash remittance online. Its easy and quick as well thats why were sticking on it. :)

lovejoy
24th January 2013, 16:21
Is there any BPI here somewhere in London that we can open account. :smile:

andy222
24th January 2013, 17:03
have you got any BPI/PNB/HSBC Account here in the UK? its easier and cheaper to transfer money once you have an account with any of the local banks in the PH...if not , try some filipino shops (they offer money padala) they do the same rate but is not too secured.
Hsbc? Wrong it costs £17 to send money to the phils. I think I will be using world remit from now on.

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2013, 17:43
Hsbc? Wrong it costs £17 to send money to the phils. I think I will be using world remit from now on.

yes you are wrong!! ... I had a quick look at hsbc website and its £5 pound for hsbc advance customers ... http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/international-money-transfer/details
,its actually cant be higher than the rate of BPI and PNB online remittance transactions ..btw, talking about world remit just like any other bank their rates will be subjected to change.

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2013, 17:49
Is there any BPI here somewhere in London that we can open account. :smile:

yes heres the link
https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/contact_us
...we did ours online and over the phone , you need to send documents registered post ..we got our documents back the next day...they were extremely helpful speaks english/tagalog:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2013, 17:51
i forgot to include that after you got a STAR account with BPI , then you can do it all online.

Ako Si Jamie
24th January 2013, 20:39
HSBC quoted me £30 :thumbsdown:

han
2nd September 2013, 07:53
:Wave: :Wave:
Hello Everyone, I use money gram in sending money to the Philippines via post office, now I just had a look and it says you can send online too. Just thinking that will save me going to the town, I would like to ask does any one here in the forum use or tried money gram online?
I am not sure if it's safe or not. :cwm3: :smile:
Thank you.
Han

gWaPito
2nd September 2013, 12:07
Just give your employer the Filipino bank account details...saves all the fuss and cuts out us middlemen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
2nd September 2013, 13:19
Just give your employer the Filipino bank account details...saves all the fuss and cuts out us middlemen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are you having a laugh or what?:icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2013, 13:22
With Nationwide online banking as an a/c holder £5 up to £5000!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
2nd September 2013, 13:24
With Nationwide online banking as an a/c holder £5 up to £5000!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Really, thanks I didn't know that. Transfer to any bank in the Philippines?

Mady
2nd September 2013, 13:30
I use Western Union online. So far never had any problem. Money will be delivered in a minute or can opt to send it directly into their bank account.

I just found this works perfectly for me.

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2013, 13:33
Really, thanks I didn't know that. Transfer to any bank in the Philippines?

As long as your online banking with your bank in Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
2nd September 2013, 13:54
Are you having a laugh or what?:icon_lol:

Havin a laugh Fred..I've woken in a good place today..im just making hay while it shines:xxgrinning--00xx3:

han
2nd September 2013, 14:10

? ? ? :doh

raynaputi
2nd September 2013, 15:07

I think Han needs a serious answer to her query..

Lyonresh
2nd September 2013, 16:46
My experience = worldremit is by far the easiest cheapest and safest method i have used. Bank transfers take sometimes only 20 minutes and are cleared costing about £1.90 for under £100 -also mobile phone top ups are instant almost and again cost little. I use the service regularly now after having used banks and then Western Union which is a real bind sometimes due to the efforts to check security.

cheekee
2nd September 2013, 16:57
I use world remit as I can do it online and its really easy.

I am going to look into BPI though.

Lyonresh
2nd September 2013, 17:04
Ditto to previous reply I endorse worldremit is by far the easiest secure and well priced I have used. It can also top up mobile phones in any country.

han
2nd September 2013, 19:43
BIG Thank You to those who gave their prompt and sensible answer. I managed to send this afternoon, through money gram good rate, 67.65.
Cheers to all.
Han

han
2nd September 2013, 19:46
I think Han needs a serious answer to her query..

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd September 2013, 19:51
BIG Thank You to those who gave their prompt and sensible answer. I managed to send this afternoon, through money gram good rate, 67.65.
Cheers to all.
Han

Hi han, I also sent a significant sum this afternoon (sadly :bigcry:) only joking
I had a rate at 69.10

Anyway, as long as you feel comfortable with your "remitter' then that's all you need.
Just be aware of the total costs involved in when sending money. RoE + Charges
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

han
2nd September 2013, 20:11
Hello Sir Terpe,
I wish I am also having HUGE sum :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I am not doing it monthly just whenever theres a chance and if theres upcoming celebrations in the family. I am quite chuff today that my hard-earned money has a good rate, and that will spreeeaadd a little joy to the family. Cheers :smile:

Terpe
2nd September 2013, 20:23
Hello Sir Terpe,
I wish I am also having HUGE sum :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I am not doing it monthly just whenever theres a chance and if theres upcoming celebrations in the family. I am quite chuff today that my hard-earned money has a good rate, and that will spreeeaadd a little joy to the family. Cheers :smile:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done to you and yours. That's a great reason.

Most of the money we send is to support education for our family students. The rest is in preparation for our relocation from UK to Philippines.

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2013, 07:56
:Wave: :Wave:
Hello Everyone, I use money gram in sending money to the Philippines via post office, now I just had a look and it says you can send online too. Just thinking that will save me going to the town, I would like to ask does any one here in the forum use or tried money gram online?
I am not sure if it's safe or not. :cwm3: :smile:
Thank you.
Han

Wish I could help Han, but I've never heard of moneygram!:Erm:

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2013, 07:57
Han, why don't you use internet banking?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
3rd September 2013, 08:03
We use Metro Remittance Bank in London.

http://www.metrorem.co.uk/

I transfer funds on-line to their account then ring them to let them know, money then gets transferred to the Philippines by the next working day. From memory it costs £7 to send, but we get the official exchange rate, so just over PHP 69 as of this morning.

grahamw48
3rd September 2013, 11:26
Wish I could help Han, but I've never heard of moneygram!:Erm:

I've been using Moneygramme for years (similar to Western Union).

It's a good way of sending money to Filipinos who have no bank account. They can just collect the cash from their nearest agent, and there are thousands of them over there.

The money is available after about 10 minutes. The recipient just needs to take the correct ID, plus the reference number that you have given them, to collect.

I can do this at my local post office. £100 will cost about £9 to send. Not cheap, but good for emergencies.

fred
3rd September 2013, 16:18
It's a good way of sending money to Filipinos who have no bank account.

As I said before on another thread..Our construction crew are from Manila and every Friday we have to send their wives the wages..
As you say..They dont have bank accounts and even here its a real nightmare sending them cash..
About the quickest and cheapest way is via SMART PADALA.. There is 4 or 5 offices/agents here that send the cash via a mobile phone..
Not sure if this service is possible from the UK??

fred
3rd September 2013, 16:23
Well..Just had a look and it seems they do..

http://www1.smart.com.ph/international/services/mobile-remittance

grahamw48
3rd September 2013, 17:24
Yes, I'd seen that (Smart) method Fred....just I'm a person of habit I suppose.

Maybe I'll look into that for another occasion, and could indeed be useful for others on here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th September 2013, 09:19
Thanks for that link Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've passed on to my wife and she seemed very interested to try.

SimonH
5th September 2013, 11:53
69.5 now :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
8th September 2013, 12:19
Over 70 for November please :xxgrinning--00xx3: