PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Connections in UK Samsung Corby

songz777
26th January 2013, 17:11
Hi guys,
My love wants to buy a Samsung Corby, Will it work in UK? I assume that the SIM card wont but she can get a new one.

many thanks

John

Michael Parnham
26th January 2013, 17:24
I would assume it will work, use a smart sim card from Phils and her friends can text her in UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
26th January 2013, 18:51
I would assume it will work, use a smart sim card from Phils and her friends can text her in UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Michael :)

bigtilly
26th January 2013, 19:32
Hi John,

I assume you mean for her to receive texts from the Phils. If that is the case, this is what we do. I bought a cheap Samsung in Dipolog with a Globe sim. I am in the UK until Easter so my missus texts me from Dipolog via Globe which is cheap as chips for her and I reply via Vodafone which is great value @£5 a month for 500 texts worldwide! Hope this helps. Roll on April!!

Bill

Kmg423
27th January 2013, 03:56
Unlocked phones ( any network phones) will work as long as it multibands.samsung corby i guess uses 4 bands eventhough its only 2g.... Yes it will work in uk..
If youre concern with roaming... It will still work..

if you like to txt somebody in the philippines and you have a smartphone or a pc and internet connection.... You can use CHIKKA. an application for free txting for your love ones in the philippines... 10 txts free a day but you can register unlimited IDs... One id one email address.... Create many email addresses and youll have many chikka IDs....:-:-)