PDA

View Full Version : Time for the 21st Century in the Philippines ?

grahamw48
30th January 2013, 15:59
Dear oh dear. A year in jail. :NoNo:

No wonder the Philippines is being held back, and millions still in poverty.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1138134/manila-street-artist-jailed-offending-religious-beliefs

Arthur Little
30th January 2013, 17:59
:gp: ... can't say I'm surprised at the boost this man's popularity has had as a result of his petty "offence". :NoNo:

Good on him! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
30th January 2013, 19:36
This is a terrible decision and shows the Philippines in a very bad light. :NoNo:

The reaction from Filipinos on Twitter appears to be that of embarrassment! :doh

fred
31st January 2013, 01:19
:gp: ... can't say I'm surprised at the boost this man's popularity has had as a result of his petty "offence". :NoNo:

Good on him! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nothing petty about walking into the countries most powerful house with a full congregation including Mayor Lim with a protest banner and expect any other conclusion IMO!!
He knew what he was walking into and the he knew the consequences..
He is also protesting about a condo building that is planned to be built just behind the Rizal monument..
I admire the guy..Its because of people like him and his Hero Rizal that some things may someday change..In my life time? I doubt it!:icon_lol:
I suppose things have changed to some extent as at least he wasnt taken to the back of the courthouse ,tied to a post and shot... Right?

grahamw48
31st January 2013, 01:37
He certainly has a set. :xxgrinning--00xx3: