PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 04:14
Hello guys, I am planning to buy a house here in Cebu but just worried bec the house and lot title will take 6 months to 1 year processing. I will just received a certificate to occupy and receipt to show that I fully paid the house. Is it OK to apply a tourist visa without the title and just the evidence docs to show that I already paid the house and just waiting for the result. Pls help guys. Thanks

fred
1st February 2013, 07:06
Do you mean the lot is titled in the owners name now and you wish to have it transferred to your wife`s name once you receive a deed of sale?
..What does your tourist visa have to do with a land litle document?
Are you married to a Filipino and wish to have the house and lot in her name?
Foreigners cannot own land here unless by hereditary succession..(Im sure you knew that)

Look..Dont take too much advice from online forums etc.. Go and see a good lawyer for advice..
Try to find an attorney via friends/family recommendations.
Buying property here can be fraught with danger.

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 08:05
I'm Filipino and planning to visit my partner in the UK hopefully this summer. My partner & I are planning to buy a brand new house in subdivision but it will take so long like 6-12 months for the title. I will not be able to submit the H&L title during the application of my tourist visa. Do I really need to wait for title or I can submit other docs to show to embassy that I fully paid the house. What do u think?

fred
1st February 2013, 08:29
What about a deed of sale? That proves that you purchased the place right?

jake
1st February 2013, 08:31
How many times has your partner been in the Philippines to see you?

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 09:18
What about a deed of sale? That proves that you purchased the place right?

Yea, but is it enough to submit together with other requirements?

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 09:21
How many times has your partner been in the Philippines to see you?

3 times, why?

rani
1st February 2013, 09:44
Hi :Hellooo: i cant understand why it will take 6 months to one year to have it transferred to your name. If its fully paid and all the papers are cleared, it will only take two weeks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 12:12
Hi :Hellooo: i cant understand why it will take 6 months to one year to have it transferred to your name. If its fully paid and all the papers are cleared, it will only take two weeks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Before it was just 2 weeks but Pres Aquino changed it minimum of 3 months and it takes longer for developer to transfer to my name bec they have lots of clients. Thats what the agent said.

fred
1st February 2013, 12:25
We had to wait well over 6 months (more like 9) to get our last one transferred.
2500 PHP for this new E-title which is now compulsory!
Mike-Steve.. Sorry.. I thought you were a Brit! Something about your username I think.:cwm25:
I cant advise you what is acceptable because like you,I dont know..
Im sure someone will answer your question soon..

jake
1st February 2013, 12:47
Dont always believe what the agent says. They might tell you that when you buy the property tranferring the title to your name is part of the sale. Most of the times it is not. The process will cost at least 20k if not more and can take from 1 month to a year depending on who you use or who you know.

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 16:36
We had to wait well over 6 months (more like 9) to get our last one transferred.
2500 PHP for this new E-title which is now compulsory!
Mike-Steve.. Sorry.. I thought you were a Brit! Something about your username I think.:cwm25:
I cant advise you what is acceptable because like you,I dont know..
Im sure someone will answer your question soon..

Im hoping that others can advise me when it comes to this.

blessed_ekim0826
1st February 2013, 16:38
Dont always believe what the agent says. They might tell you that when you buy the property tranferring the title to your name is part of the sale. Most of the times it is not. The process will cost at least 20k if not more and can take from 1 month to a year depending on who you use or who you know.

Before i make reservation, I will ask printed offers like discounts together with their signature. Other developer pays the tax and it only take 2-3 months.

Cold Spud
1st February 2013, 19:03
Hi, I suggest that you see a lawyer in that regard because it should not take long to get the deed of sale and land title, once the property is fully paid both deed of sale and title should be prepared within a month only and a lawyer can follow up if there is any delay which unlikely to happen with attorney in-fact in the middle of purchasing property. You can get a good lawyer from your nearest local government office in the municipal city who offers service inexpensively.
May I ask why do you need a title to apply for tourist visa when you can just present the deed of sale as proof of owning property?

Hello guys, I am planning to buy a house here in Cebu but just worried bec the house and lot title will take 6 months to 1 year processing. I will just received a certificate to occupy and receipt to show that I fully paid the house. Is it OK to apply a tourist visa without the title and just the evidence docs to show that I already paid the house and just waiting for the result. Pls help guys. Thanks

Terpe
1st February 2013, 21:41
Mike_steve,

I have followed your story.
I see you are still determined to go with that visit visa. That's fine and good luck.
You already know ALL the barriers you must climb to convince the ECO you have compelling reasons to return.

However, please don't become convinced that property in Philippines is somehow the magic key.
I just don't want you to be so convinced on that.

Did you talk with your partner about settlement visa?

Maybe your partner can make the move to Philippines?

I just want to help and not see you disappointed

blessed_ekim0826
2nd February 2013, 04:21
Hi, I suggest that you see a lawyer in that regard because it should not take long to get the deed of sale and land title, once the property is fully paid both deed of sale and title should be prepared within a month only and a lawyer can follow up if there is any delay which unlikely to happen with attorney in-fact in the middle of purchasing property. You can get a good lawyer from your nearest local government office in the municipal city who offers service inexpensively.
May I ask why do you need a title to apply for tourist visa when you can just present the deed of sale as proof of owning property?

We talked to the developer staff and they will pay and work all the papers for the property but minimum of 6 months and if we going to work all the papers it only takes 1-3 months and the developer will not pay the tax.
I really don't know if deed of sale is enough as proof that's why I'm asking here.

blessed_ekim0826
2nd February 2013, 04:33
Mike_steve,

I have followed your story.
I see you are still determined to go with that visit visa. That's fine and good luck.
You already know ALL the barriers you must climb to convince the ECO you have compelling reasons to return.

However, please don't become convinced that property in Philippines is somehow the magic key.
I just don't want you to be so convinced on that.

Did you talk with your partner about settlement visa?

Maybe your partner can make the move to Philippines?

I just want to help and not see you disappointed

Thanks Sir for following my situation. My partner & I discussed about the settlement visa and I took English review last month but when he talked with his kids, they said that they need to meet me first before we going for a civil marriage that's why we still continue for tourist visa. My partner is worried for medical if he will move here coz its not free unlike in UK. We talked buying a house or condo here in Cebu and I will register my garment shop this month in our hometown in Mindanao.

Sir, the reasons of my refusal last year are I am reliant to my partner and we intend to live together in the future, Do u have an idea if how can we solve the reasons of refusal?

jake
2nd February 2013, 10:25
:Erm: So why do you plan to buy a house here if your partner is worried about the medical situation?

blessed_ekim0826
2nd February 2013, 15:34
:Erm: So why do you plan to buy a house here if your partner is worried about the medical situation?

Its one of my evidences that I will go back to my country before my visa expires.

Arthur Little
2nd February 2013, 16:26
You mention "registering your garments shop" (#17). Wouldn't doing that in itself act as a viable form of surety against failing to return home after your visit ... without going to the extent of incurring the considerable added expense involved in the purchase of land titles &c? :Erm:

jonnijon
2nd February 2013, 23:02
Something not right here :NoNo:

blessed_ekim0826
3rd February 2013, 03:33
Something not right here :NoNo:

You can ask me something you want to know so you will understand pls

Arthur Little
3rd February 2013, 03:49
You can ask me something you want to know so you will understand pls

:icon_rolleyes: ... wondered whether you'd got round to considering the suggestion I put to you earlier?