PDA

View Full Version : query about birth registration

jeanelovesdeano
6th February 2013, 09:55
hi everyone

I have a daughter ( british citizen is the biological father ) 18 months old born in Philippines and now live here in UK with a filipino and british passport holder.I want to register her birth certificate in British Consular Office but I dont know if where and how to register her. Do we need to do the registration in British Embasy, Philippines or can we do it here in UK? how much will it cost and what are the requirements ?how long will it take to register ?

I will be appreciate your response. Thank you.

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 11:32
It seems that you can do this in the UK. :smile:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/births-deaths-marriages-civil/registering-a-birth

Terpe
6th February 2013, 11:55
hi everyone

I have a daughter ( british citizen is the biological father ) 18 months old born in Philippines and now live here in UK with a filipino and british passport holder.I want to register her birth certificate in British Consular Office but I dont know if where and how to register her. Do we need to do the registration in British Embasy, Philippines or can we do it here in UK? how much will it cost and what are the requirements ?how long will it take to register ?

I will be appreciate your response. Thank you.

No offence intended, just asking. But why do you want to do that? Are there any benefits?

joebloggs
6th February 2013, 13:31
does your daughter have a British passport? I think the only benefit you'll get from registration is a British style birth certificate and a hole in your wallet :cwm24:

Terpe
6th February 2013, 15:07
does your daughter have a British passport? I think the only benefit you'll get from registration is a British style birth certificate and a hole in your wallet :cwm24:

Semantics I know but there is no British Style Birth Certificate available.

your child will have a British style document..............The document we produce is not a UK birth certificate and should not be used as one. It does not take the place of the locally issued birth certificate.

So whatever document they give you cannot be used as a birth certificate. :icon_rolleyes:

joebloggs
6th February 2013, 15:12
Semantics I know but there is no British Style Birth Certificate available.

So whatever document they give you cannot be used as a birth certificate. :icon_rolleyes:

I knew you got 'something' for your money :icon_lol:
its not a legal requirement to register a child :xxgrinning--00xx3: