PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone warns iPhone 4S owners not to upgrade to iOS 6.1

joebloggs
9th February 2013, 14:37
:doh

If you own an iPhone 4S on Vodafone and are thinking of upgrading to iOS 6.1 then hold it! Vodafone has sent out text messages warning that the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system impacts your handset's 3G performance.

The bug only seems to affect the iPhone 4S, according to a post in the Vodafone forum. Apple is working on a fix, according to the post, though there's no word on when it could reach disgruntled customers.

"Some customers may occasionally experience difficulty in connecting to the network to make or receive calls or texts or to connect to the Internet," the post reads. "Apple is working on a solution to their software issue. These connection problems are intermittent."

The text message reads: "If you've not already downloaded iOS 6.1 for your iPhone 4S, please hold off for the next version while Apple fixes 3G performance issues. Thanks."

read more here .. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/vodafone-warns-iphone-4s-owners-not-to-upgrade-to-ios-6-1-50010386/

tone
9th February 2013, 15:30
I used to suffer getting a signal on skodafone just using a blackberry!

Iani
10th February 2013, 23:34
Funny you should mention getting a signal on Vodafone. When I was with them, the network used to go down with alarming regularity - especially for texts, which is a big problem in my opinion. You could pretty much guarantee the texting would be down at least once a month.

Switched to Orange, and I am no fan of them, but it's never been down once - despite what people used to say, that Orange used to hold on to texts to delay them on purpose - no idea if this is true or just an urban legend.