PDA

View Full Version : 31% of UK households have less than £250 in savings

Terpe
9th February 2013, 22:06
New research from HSBC reveals that 31% of UK households have less than £250 set aside as a financial safety net.

Source:-
http://www.yourmoney.com/your-money/news/2222281/31-of-uk-households-have-less-than-gbp250-in-savings

Terpe
9th February 2013, 22:22
...31% of UK households have less than £250 set aside as a financial safety net.

Am I the only one having difficulty with this ???

Ako Si Jamie
9th February 2013, 22:38
Believing it?

Terpe
9th February 2013, 22:44
Believing it?

Yeah, I just find it tough to believe that 31% do not have £250 or more available as savings.
Whether in the bank or elsewhere.

What do you think?

Ako Si Jamie
9th February 2013, 22:51
Yeah, I just find it tough to believe that 31% do not have £250 or more available as savings.

What do you think?To be honest 31% is a bit high. The thing is, the survey covered only 1,000 households which isn't much. For all we know those households could be on council estates.

joebloggs
9th February 2013, 23:00

What do you think?

I can believe it, people have debts to pay, earn minimum pay, child care, rising gas, electric bills :NoNo:

http://www.cpag.org.uk/child-poverty-facts-and-figures

grahamw48
10th February 2013, 00:13
How much have they got to spare after taking all their debts into account ? :icon_lol:

I don't have a lot, but what I do have is paid for. :ReadIt:

The banks are probably as much to blame as anyone for this, by behaving like irresponsible idiots themselves and encouraging their customers to do likewise, for the past 15 or 20 years. :NoNo:

stevewool
10th February 2013, 08:26
save , save and save, who knows what is round the corner,depending on what you read and what you see and hear too, you reallly have to think of yourself in these days, some are lucky not to have any debts, and can save, but that is because we both work and if we cant afford it we dont buy it till we can