PDA

View Full Version : Please....need help and advise

lg341
10th February 2013, 20:36
hello everyone, please help me, i need an advise regarding visa for my two kids, they had already visa which is resident to joint parents, but there is an expiration which is Jan.2014, and we are planning to take them here on school holiday on april, my question is, what do we need to do for them to get an indefinite leave to remain, because i was worried about the expiry date coz my daughter soon be turning 18, i would really appreciate for any advise please, regards and God bless.

joebloggs
10th February 2013, 20:41
when can you apply for ilr in jan 2014 ? and are you married to a British citizen ?

lg341
10th February 2013, 20:51
thanks for your quick responsed, since they had a visa which is resident to joint parents issued Jan 2012, i booked them to come on april, can we apply straight away when they arrived here for indefinite leave to remain or do we still need to wait for the expiration on 2014?

lg341
10th February 2013, 20:53
me and husband had naturalization.

joebloggs
10th February 2013, 20:57
me and husband had naturalization.

so they have been here in the uk since april 2012,
when did you both get ilr ?

lg341
11th February 2013, 14:40
so they have been here in the uk since april 2012,
when did you both get ilr ?

we get ilr last 2009, then british citizen last year, my kids still in phil.and coming on april.

lg341
11th February 2013, 14:45
and the visa of my kids is resident to joint parents but because it was issued in manila, theres is an expiry date which is 2014, that what my worry, thats why im asking your advise how to change to indefinite, many thanks

joebloggs
11th February 2013, 22:09
what exactly is the wording on their visa ,
as at least one of you had ilr when you applied for their visa, they should have ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) which is basically the same as ILR.

is the expiry date of the visa the same date as thier passport expires ?

lg341
11th February 2013, 22:25
it is visa settlement to join parents, indefinite leave to enter uk, which is issued 01/02/12 and it expires 2016, i do apologized i thought 2014, yes sir you are right it expires the same as their passport ends.

lg341
11th February 2013, 22:30
Hi Sir do you mean to say if they had a indefinite leave to enter is it the same as ILR, do i still need to apply a visa again when they arrived here, pls.give me an advised,thanks

joebloggs
11th February 2013, 22:42
if it says on their visa Indefinite leave to remain,
no they don't need another visa, as long as they don't leave the UK for 2yrs or more in 1 trip they will not lose it.

once thier passport expires, they just have to carry the old passport with them with their ILE visa in, or you could pay to have it transferred to a new passport.

how old is the other child ? one is nearly 18, the other is ?

joebloggs
11th February 2013, 22:46
if it says on their visa Indefinite leave to remain,
no they don't need another visa, as long as they don't leave the UK for 2yrs or more in 1 trip they will not lose it.

once thier passport expires, they just have to carry the old passport with them with their ILE visa in, or you could pay to have it transferred to a new passport.

how old is the other child ? one is nearly 18, the other is ?

:doh i meant if their visa says 'indefinite leave to enter' not remain,
basically the difference is you are granted ILR from within the UK, and ILE is granted from outside the UK.

lg341
11th February 2013, 23:02
my daughter will be turning 18 on dec.,and my son will be 13.,Sir thank you so much,I feel relieved now because they want to finished they education in Manila,they will only stay here for two months because of school holiday then go back to manila thats why we are planning for them to come back in UK before 2years so that they will not lose they visa.

joebloggs
11th February 2013, 23:13
just make sure they do not stay out for 2yrs or more, becuase you would probably have to apply for a settlement visa again and for your daughter that would be realyl difficult as she would be over 18..

to register them as British i think they both would need to be in the uk a while as they are both over 12yrs old.but you can sort that out at a later date.

might be wise to sort your daughter out before she is 18, i cant remember how long she has to be in the uk before she could be registered as british. need to check.

once 18 i think she would have to wait 5yrs to be able to register as british, while might be possible to do b4 shes 18 thou, and apply for a british passport.

joebloggs
11th February 2013, 23:16
remember the UK is suppose to be their home :biggrin:, but my stepson got ilr and went back to the phils for nearly 2yrs and came back to the UK.