PDA

View Full Version : Life in Angeles City, Philippines...Documentary.

grahamw48
11th February 2013, 20:38
WARNING !

This video contains some (partial) nudity, adult material and swearing.
Don't like that...don't watch. It is REALITY though.

This does not represent ALL life in the Phils, but those who are unfamiliar with this aspect of the Philippines may find it interesting, and open to debate. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fPEzQX1IW98

Ako Si Jamie
11th February 2013, 20:50
Good find Graham. I'll watch it later. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
11th February 2013, 21:12
Very interesting graham ad I knw ac very well:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
11th February 2013, 21:28
just watched, nice one graham:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
11th February 2013, 21:42
Nice one! Very good find graham. I agree on what the old OZ bloke said about not always blame things it to poverty. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th February 2013, 21:47
No its not all like that Graham, this doc just gives a very low opinion of Philippines, but interesting watching how the poorer people live:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
11th February 2013, 21:50
I would add that I did live for several years in AC, but with my family and not as a 'customer'. :biggrin:

RickyR
11th February 2013, 22:28
It's hard watching that, very sad in so many ways. But I don't hold it against those women doing what they believe is right.

Although the house near the end seemed fairly reasonable to me, far better owning outright a house like that then.being forever mortgaged in the uk for someone on a low income.

Ako Si Jamie
11th February 2013, 23:29
The old fella was very cynical. Good vid though. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
11th February 2013, 23:36
Fascinating documentary Graham like my wife told me about what Angeles was like but good to watch it anyway.

Sad fact that in a county like the Phils what goes on but I suppose these girls know what they are doing unlike the the underage girls who do it to support their families, that part I found quite disturbing.

Likewise I seen many sights like that on my visits there and yes like many other parts of the world it all comes down to money...fascinating anyway...

tanga
12th February 2013, 12:39
I would add that I did live for several years in AC, but with my family and not as a 'customer'. :biggrin:

Graham
I was living near AC just before and after Pinatubo. Were you a regular hash runner with the group at the Birds of Paradise bar restaurant run by a Aussie,"Kalbo" and his British half brother?

stevie c
12th February 2013, 12:56
Graham
I was living near AC just before and after Pinatubo. Were you a regular hash runner with the group at the Birds of Paradise bar restaurant run by a Aussie,"Kalbo" and his British half brother?
The hash run is still going today I have a couple of Brit mates who live in ac & they attend the hash run regular

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 12:56
Graham

No mate, never was a Harrier (hate running.lol), but I was living in AC before, after and DURING the Pinatubo eruption...with the ex, who was then my fiancee.

We orginally went up there to help run a business with another Brit.

Later I used to work in Hong Kong and 'commute' to AC from there.

Last lived there full-time with my family 2000-2003.

stevie c
12th February 2013, 13:02
Hey graham do you know an Aussie bloke that lives in ac everyone there knows him as balut he had lived there many many years

WhiteBloodAda
12th February 2013, 15:31
I actually felt a bit sick watching it :(

It's a good documentary, as it doesn't hide anything, but it's still sad :(

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 15:33
Hi Stevie.

Doesn't ring any bells mate. I knew a few people, but I've got an appalling memory for names anyway. :icon_rolleyes:

Mainly stuck with a few close friends there and otherwise kept myself to myself.
Very rarely went in any of the bars either...too tightfisted. lol

The guy I knew best was called Kit Williams, a Brit who was married to a cousin of the ex (that's how we met). He died of cancer a couple of years ago, but was well-known in AC, and Ermita before that. He had a small internet cafe and rice store down Santos, and in earlier times used to recruit westerners for movie extra parts. I also worked with him in Hong Kong, where he was an electronics engineer. :smile:

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 15:38
I actually felt a bit sick watching it :(

It's a good documentary, as it doesn't hide anything, but it's still sad :(

Oh there's no doubt about it.
The bar area is a seedy and quite disgusting place really, with some truly revolting foreigners hanging out there.

stevie c
12th February 2013, 15:43
Ok graham just a thought that you may of known him

Flor is originally from Tarlac she spent half her life there but flors mum came from ac who married flors dad & moved to Tarlac before moving to ac about 15yrs ago

Same here graham I never venture in to the bars in fields ave but have been through there on occasions but I mostly stuck to daimond area...talking of Ermita I have spent many many weeks there

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 16:08
When I first went to the Phils to meet my 'mail order bride' :cwm25::biggrin:, I just booked a hotel in Ermita because I thought it was a normal tourist district...not realising that it was also THE redlight/bar area of Manila. Quite an eye-opener back then when it was in full-swing. :cwm24: :icon_lol:

I later had an apartment in Pasay, but was already hooked up with the 'ball and chain' by then, so that put paid to any monkey business. :biggrin: After that...moved to AC, as well as spells of a few months in the province (Bicol).

stevie c
12th February 2013, 16:13
I never experianced Ermita when it was the red light district that was a bit to early for me....but I had a couple of Brit friends who lived in the Ermita area so I always visited them when i was in Manila

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 18:21
Think...AC on steroids. :icon_lol:

Terpe
12th February 2013, 19:25
Quite an interesting video clip.
I've never been to Angeles City.
The video portrays the sex industry just as it is all over world. Not just in parts of the Philippines.
A bit sad really in my opinion.

stevie c
12th February 2013, 19:29
Think...AC on steroids. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
13th February 2013, 00:04
Police in A/C = Pimp lords and extortionists.
The guy in the video asks the dumb Angeles cop if they tolerate prostitution!:Cuckoo:

grahamw48
13th February 2013, 00:08
Yeah, then after telling them how illegal it all is, goes out to show them around the brothels and help them pick one up. :doh:laugher:

London_Manila
13th February 2013, 04:24
500 for a street rat seems a bit steep :wink:

Doc Alan
13th February 2013, 09:52
This video contains some (partial) nudity, adult material and swearing.
Don't like that...don't watch. It is REALITY though.

This does not represent ALL life in the Phils, but those who are unfamiliar with this aspect of the Philippines may find it interesting, and open to debate. :smile:

Thanks for posting Graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Interesting, and - as you say - reality, if not unique to the Philippines.

One of those videos that should be watched even if - or perhaps because - you don't like the content, as it does give an insight into a part of life and the Philippines that probably most members would prefer to avoid.

purple
17th February 2013, 00:57
nice sharing Graham. I have been in AC way back 2009 for a night before I went to Baguio for business conference and I did went out to see what its like .It was sad place for both men looking for short time happiness.. Its all fake, but then again some did fall in love at worst places.

purple
17th February 2013, 00:59
I think I know them too, probably have met them when we did the Philippines Hash Bash in Dumaguete.. there were few hash runners from AC.

London_Manila
17th February 2013, 03:54
nice sharing Graham. I have been in AC way back 2009 for a night before I went to Baguio for business conference and I did went out to see what its like .It was sad place for both men looking for short time happiness.. Its all fake, but then again some did fall in love at worst places.

Business seems to be holding up quite well in Fields Avenue
Its not my idea of fun also but each to their own
Services are provided and there seems to be no shortage of takers :wink:

grahamw48
17th February 2013, 20:03
I was selling a different kind of 'ornamental bird' there :icon_lol:, but the ex used to get plenty of business at her shop from the ladies (being a seamstress and dressmaker).