PDA

View Full Version : P/T Job 20 hours per week £16,000 a year.

bigmarco
12th February 2013, 00:46
Hi Everyone
Just to let you know that London Underground are advertising for P/T Customer Service assistants. It's 20 hours per week and pays £16,000 pa and you get free travel for you and a nominee. If you need to be earning £18,600 a year perhaps this could help because if your only doing 20 hours a week you could look for something else to make up the money or even put yourself up for o/t. By the way it also gets your foot in the door and you can apply for F/T when available or any other vacancies that arise.

https://tfl.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl

stevewool
12th February 2013, 07:49
wow thats some good news to read, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
12th February 2013, 09:57
Marco you omitted to mention that the vacancies are only open to Eastern Europeans :biggrin:

Seriously as you say good opportunity for someone to make some extra £'s and the free travel is worth a fortune

andy222
12th February 2013, 10:06
20 hours per week? It would pay me to pack my job in with the nhs and take that.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
There is no way you would get that pay in the west midlands for 20 hours doing that job.

Arthur Little
12th February 2013, 12:14
Hi Everyone
Just to let you know that London Underground are advertising for P/T Customer Service assistants. It's 20 hours per week and pays £16,000 pa and you get free travel for you and a nominee. If you need to be earning £18,600 a year perhaps this could help because if your only doing 20 hours a week you could look for something else to make up the money or even put yourself up for o/t. By the way it also gets your foot in the door and you can apply for F/T when available or any other vacancies that arise.

Thoughtful of you to post this, Marco :yeahthat: ... it'll certainly be a boon to those who are currently struggling to reach the threshold required by the UK Border Agency. :68711_thanx:

Arthur Little
12th February 2013, 12:23
:icon_rolleyes: ... whoever would've believed it necessary in this day and age to "go underground" in order to be able to live with one's legally-married partner?

bigmac
12th February 2013, 12:30
It's 20 hours per week and pays £16,000 pa

is this pro rata?

if its the real deal---just goes to show--some peep are way overpaid--whilst others have to work all hours to scratch an existence. largely depends what sector--and where you live.

andy222
12th February 2013, 12:56
:icon_rolleyes: ... whoever would've believed it necessary in this day and age to "go underground" in order to be able to live with one's legally-married partner?
Too right Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
12th February 2013, 12:57
It's 20 hours per week and pays £16,000 pa

is this pro rata?

if its the real deal---just goes to show--some peep are way overpaid--whilst others have to work all hours to scratch an existence. largely depends what sector--and where you live.

No its not pro rata.
I disagree, I prefer to say that many doing important jobs are underpaid.

stevie c
12th February 2013, 13:06
Thanks marco for posting unfortunately I clicked on the link & the message appeared this vacancy is no longer available :NoNo:

bigmarco
12th February 2013, 13:11
Thanks marco for posting unfortunately I clicked on the link & the message appeared this vacancy is no longer available :NoNo:

Just checked Stevie and it's still accepting applications. Click on the green box in this link and the vacancy is on page 2.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/jobs/default.aspx

stevie c
12th February 2013, 13:26
Yep I see it now marco
Many thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th February 2013, 18:52
Hi Everyone

Well done for posting that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hopefully will help some readers here