PDA

View Full Version : class A stuffs

skysisi
13th February 2013, 18:06
hello everyone, please share your thoughts and advice about my concern. im planning to make an online selling class A LV bags and other branded stuffs. i will get my product from my cousin in hongkong but we're worrying since this is our first time. one of her friend in hongkong told her that shipping fake branded stuffs from hongkong to uk is not allowed, is that True ??? honestly i don't have idea about it maybe some of here knows about it ,please thank you

imagine
13th February 2013, 18:08
i got a feeling it could be risky

skysisi
13th February 2013, 18:09
is it ! maybe i will stop my plan if its risky. thank you sir for your reponse :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
13th February 2013, 18:19
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/consumer_s/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_goods_are_not_as_described_e/counterfeit_goods.htm

skysisi
13th February 2013, 18:29
ohh dear,. its scary ! i will stop my plan about selling stuffs. thank you sir for the link. it helps a lot so i know now. :smile:

melovesengland
13th February 2013, 18:41
seen loads of cases like that in the border agency program in the telly. they do confiscate the goods if they knew that its fake/forfeited. so you might as well change your plan. :)

Dedworth
13th February 2013, 18:43
ohh dear,. its scary ! i will stop my plan about selling stuffs. thank you sir for the link. it helps a lot so i know now. :smile:

:biggrin:

You need to be careful http://deephousepage.com/smilies/jail.gif

Slip
13th February 2013, 19:36
We get fake goods come through my work at the airport all the time..

If customs find it they will confiscate and destroy it. If it is large quantities coming through they will try and prosecute.

Bikramyogi
13th February 2013, 21:49
it is very risky. i wouldn't do it. :NoNo:

Janedan0913
13th February 2013, 21:56
There is a lady in Manchester who sells bags from Hongkong and she was fined by UKBA almost £10k, confiscation of goods and had criminal records. It's risky if you still want to stay here in UK better not do it. Just friendly advise mate.

skysisi
13th February 2013, 22:11
Thank you for all the good advice, i already message to my cousin in hongkong that we don't need to continue our plan, its scary and we both risky as well. Prevention is better than cure... Thank you guys

MissAna
13th February 2013, 22:36
great idea but sadly uk is very strict. don't worry i think you can sell other stuff :xxgrinning--00xx3:. i am planning to sell some of my unused clothes online :biggrin:

skysisi
13th February 2013, 22:41
Thats good idea also maybe i will try another plan , goodluck dear

bigtilly
13th February 2013, 23:04
What you propose to do is highly illegal in many countries and not just the UK. The customs people in many European airports are on the look out for people carrying suspected fake handbags and luggage and, have the powers to question you.

London_Manila
14th February 2013, 03:31
DHgate.com have been shipping goods to the UK for years.......
they do a nice iphone 5 for around $50 (nothing like the real thing but a decent copy)
if you ship individual items marked up as a "present" then they will arrive here in the UK
forget bulk orders customs will just impound them

send single items diba :wink:

Terpe
14th February 2013, 10:26
DHgate.com have been shipping goods to the UK for years.......
they do a nice iphone 5 for around $50 (nothing like the real thing but a decent copy)
if you ship individual items marked up as a "present" then they will arrive here in the UK
forget bulk orders customs will just impound them

send single items diba :wink:

Care still needs to be applied.

Goods from a non-EU country to the UK, even as a gift, may be subject to Customs Duty, Excise Duty and import VAT.

It makes no difference if the goods are new or used, it doesn't matter if you buy them for own personal use or if you intend to sell on.

If you're sending or receiving a gift from outside the EU:-
- Excise Duty is payable on any alcohol or tobacco products
- Customs Duty is payable if the value of the gift exceeds £135 (but will be waived if the amount of duty is £9 or under)
- import VAT is payable if the value of the gift exceeds £36

To qualify as a gift:-
- It must have been sent from a private person outside the EU to a private person(s) in the UK.
- The Customs Declaration must be completed correctly – see guidance on the customs procedures for goods posted to the UK link below.
- It must be for the use of either you or your family.
- There must be no commercial or trade element and it must not have been paid for by the recipient either directly or indirectly.
- It must be of an occasional nature only - for example for a birthday or anniversary.
- If it's perfume or toilet water it must be within the allowances described in the earlier section 'Perfume and toilet water'. If the allowances are exceeded than charges apply on the excess.

Anyone on their immigration journey needs to be extra careful these days with new and stricter terms of the good character requirements implemented on 13 December 2012.