PDA

View Full Version : Confused

McGregor03
17th February 2013, 04:09
I'm planning to take TOEIC next month, I'm confused where to take the exam. Which is better Cebu or Makati? And does hopkins offer an orientation in cebu? Coz to be honest Cebu is very convenient for me coz I have a family there and I know the place BUT no orientation offered in cebu as what I have read from their site (hopkins) coz am a bit nervous now about the exam, it would be nice if I have any idea about it. Done downloading the pdf they provide about the exam but am still not confident about it. It's what drive me crazy at the moment ....

I hope someone can help me with this...

Mariam

Terpe
17th February 2013, 12:53
Can you give them a call and ask ?

melovesengland
17th February 2013, 13:48
If you want to make sure about orientation and stuffs then better ring them and go from there. But if I am in your shoes, to keep me at peace I will just fly and do it in Makati then thats out of the way. It will make me feel at ease and concentrate on my up coming test.

McGregor03
18th February 2013, 00:13
Can you give them a call and ask ?

Hi Terpe,
I did, they just told me to check it on their site and no orientation in cebu. correct me if am wrong but I think I read it here that they have an orientation every 1st week of the month but they didn't mention where so am hoping there will be one in Cebu :NoNo:

McGregor03
18th February 2013, 00:26
If you want to make sure about orientation and stuffs then better ring them and go from there. But if I am in your shoes, to keep me at peace I will just fly and do it in Makati then thats out of the way. It will make me feel at ease and concentrate on me up coming test.

Hi melovesengland,
I know the best thing to do is to take the exam in Makati but my partner don't want me to for I don't know anyone there. And personally the cost of taking the exam (my accomodation) there and as much as possible I don't want him to spend too much money (though I know nothing is cheap these days :D).Maybe the best thing I could do is go to their office...I'll be going to Cebu nextweek so I can make it to registration before the cut off date....

Terpe
18th February 2013, 12:30
Hi Terpe,
I did, they just told me to check it on their site and no orientation in cebu. correct me if am wrong but I think I read it here that they have an orientation every 1st week of the month but they didn't mention where so am hoping there will be one in Cebu :NoNo:

I don't know where you are located, but maybe there is a different English Test and different test centre that would be more convenient. TOEIC is just one of a number of tests allowed.
Maybe it's worth checking.
There are

McGregor03
19th February 2013, 07:18
I don't know where you are located, but maybe there is a different English Test and different test centre that would be more convenient. TOEIC is just one of a number of tests allowed.
Maybe it's worth checking.
There are

Hi Terpe, am from Mindanao and am going to fly to Cebu nextweek on 25th of Feb...I think I will go to their office and inquire about it instead of calling them..:Erm:

Arthur Little
19th February 2013, 12:26
from Mindanao and am going to fly to Cebu nextweek on 25th of Feb...I think I will go to their office and inquire about it instead of calling them..:Erm:

:anerikke: ... probably just as well, Mariam; if the business :telephone: lines are anything like as ineffective for direct access as those in the UK are, especially. Quicker :Bolt: in the long run, too!!

McGregor03
19th February 2013, 13:05
:anerikke: ... probably just as well, Mariam; if the business :telephone: lines are anything like as ineffective for direct access as those in the UK are, especially. Quicker :Bolt: in the long run, too!!

Hi arthur little, am just so stress about everything. Dunno where to apply, which is better cebu or manila?:Help1:

Arthur Little
19th February 2013, 13:23
Hi arthur little, am just so *stress about everything. Dunno where to apply, which is better cebu or manila? :Help1:

Perfectly *understandable, Mariam. :yeahthat:

:sorry-2: ... I haven't had any personal dealings with the various English Tests :NoNo: and, consequently, wasn't aware they were any more likely to be conducted in Cebu than say, Davao City for instance. But, of course - since there would APPEAR to be a distinct lack of such facilities readily available on Mindanao (hence your question) - I should imagine it would be less expensive to fly to your nearest neighbouring island, than Manila.

melovesengland
19th February 2013, 14:48
Hi arthur little, am just so stress about everything. Dunno where to apply, which is better cebu or manila?:Help1:

Mariam, it depends on your circumstances where is the most convenient for you then go for it. Give them a ring for inquiry or pay them a visit if you can for more details as easy as that. I dont understand why your stressed on this, its just a matter of inquiry. Your just giving yourself more stress if you dont move now.

filbrit
19th February 2013, 15:44
Hi Mariam,

If you prefer an orientation, then go to Makati. It's better with orientation. Period.

BUT if your husband would like you to get the test in Cebu and your considering the costs then take it in Cebu. Besides if you go to Manila and you don't know anyone, it will be the same, you'll just be stressed. When you go and inquire in Cebu test center, ask them for review materials that can help you, I'm sure they have. You will be fine. Good luck on your exam. :)

McGregor03
20th February 2013, 11:04
Perfectly *understandable, Mariam. :yeahthat:

:sorry-2: ... I haven't had any personal dealings with the various English Tests :NoNo: and, consequently, wasn't aware they were any more likely to be conducted in Cebu than say, Davao City for instance. But, of course - since there would APPEAR to be a distinct lack of such facilities readily available on Mindanao (hence your question) - I should imagine it would be less expensive to fly to your nearest neighbouring island, than Manila.

Am sure about it now...Cebu, definitely :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
20th February 2013, 11:06
Hi Mariam,

If you prefer an orientation, then go to Makati. It's better with orientation. Period.

BUT if your husband would like you to get the test in Cebu and your considering the costs then take it in Cebu. Besides if you go to Manila and you don't know anyone, it will be the same, you'll just be stressed. When you go and inquire in Cebu test center, ask them for review materials that can help you, I'm sure they have. You will be fine. Good luck on your exam. :)

Hi filbrit, Cebu indeed...Thanks for the message, badly need that coz u sound positive :) Thank u x

McGregor03
20th February 2013, 11:12
Mariam, it depends on your circumstances where is the most convenient for you then go for it. Give them a ring for inquiry or pay them a visit if you can for more details as easy as that. I dont understand why your stressed on this, its just a matter of inquiry. Your just giving yourself more stress if you dont move now.

melovesengland cebu is the most convenient for me, so I'll just take my exam there. And as what filbrit told me, they might have a review materials ( I hope) ... Am just so stress coz of everything like documents etc..Maybe I just overthink about all the stuff...Got a ticket now to Cebu for the exam,what took me so long here in Mindanao is the problem in my baptismal.And hopefully after that, things will go smoothly...

angellegwen
20th February 2013, 12:09
melovesengland cebu is the most convenient for me, so I'll just take my exam there. And as what filbrit told me, they might have a review materials ( I hope) ... Am just so stress coz of everything like documents etc..Maybe I just overthink about all the stuff...Got a ticket now to Cebu for the exam,what took me so long here in Mindanao is the problem in my baptismal.And hopefully after that, things will go smoothly...

Goodluck McGregor on your exam, be confident and prepare as much as you can. You can do it. Don't worry too much, it will do you no good. :wink:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2013, 12:19
Don't worry I'm sure you'll be ok, good luck!

McGregor03
20th February 2013, 12:25
Goodluck McGregor on your exam, be confident and prepare as much as you can. You can do it. Don't worry too much, it will do you no good. :wink:
Thank u angellegwen, it doesn't bother me a lil nemore :D
Just hearing from someone that I can do it makes me feel better ,.. Thank u :)

McGregor03
20th February 2013, 12:27
Don't worry I'm sure you'll be ok, good luck!

Hi Michael, thank u... Cheering me up, is maybe what I need :icon_lol: THANK U!!

Arthur Little
20th February 2013, 12:35
Mariam ... I'm pleased you've managed to reach a decision, and would like to take this opportunity of wishing you all the very best with your forthcoming exams. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
20th February 2013, 13:19
Need to make up my mind, now or never :biggrin: U've been a great help....Thank u Arthur :thankyou:

Arthur Little
20th February 2013, 13:38
Thank u Arthur :thankyou: U've been a great help ....

Ah ... my pleasure. :smile:

melovesengland
20th February 2013, 13:43

I think you will be fine, love. Just calm down as it wont help on your exam in future. Hoping things will go smoothly. Keep us posted! xx

Arjie
20th February 2013, 14:17
I'm planning to take TOEIC next month, I'm confused where to take the exam. Which is better Cebu or Makati? And does hopkins offer an orientation in cebu? Coz to be honest Cebu is very convenient for me coz I have a family there and I know the place BUT no orientation offered in cebu as what I have read from their site (hopkins) coz am a bit nervous now about the exam, it would be nice if I have any idea about it. Done downloading the pdf they provide about the exam but am still not confident about it. It's what drive me crazy at the moment ....

I hope someone can help me with this...

Mariam

Hello Mariam,

Don't worry Mariam you will pass the test it's pretty easy.Just keep on studying or practice online here's the website http://www.examenglish.com/TOEIC/index.html:smile: and about the speaking test you can visit this website to practice the test http://www.english-itutor.com/TOEIC/Speaking/Directions.html:smile:

Good Luck!!!

McGregor03
28th February 2013, 03:36
I think you will be fine, love. Just calm down as it wont help on your exam in future. Hoping things will go smoothly. Keep us posted! xx

Thanks melovesengland :) Will take the exam on march 10 and 16..yikes! Thank u again xx

Mariam

McGregor03
28th February 2013, 03:41
Hello Mariam,

Don't worry Mariam you will pass the test it's pretty easy.Just keep on studying or practice online here's the website http://www.examenglish.com/TOEIC/index.html:smile: and about the speaking test you can visit this website to practice the test http://www.english-itutor.com/TOEIC/Speaking/Directions.html:smile:

Good Luck!!!

HI Arjie :) Thank u for the links...This would be a great help ...Fingers crossed about the exam :D Thank u !

mendoza82
28th February 2013, 05:56
HI Arjie :) Thank u for the links...This would be a great help ...Fingers crossed about the exam :D Thank u !

hi mcgregoro3,i took my english test yesterday,in makati..you'll be fine im sure..im happy with my results for my L nd Rim still waiting for my speaking test results..goodluck!!

McGregor03
28th February 2013, 06:10
hi mcgregoro3,i took my english test yesterday,in makati..you'll be fine im sure..im happy with my results for my L nd Rim still waiting for my speaking test results..goodluck!!

I hope!!! :icon_rolleyes: I'll be taking the test on March 10 and 16 .... :Cuckoo: Thank u!

angellegwen
16th March 2013, 15:52
I hope!!! :icon_rolleyes: I'll be taking the test on March 10 and 16 .... :Cuckoo: Thank u!

hi sis how's your exam?

Arthur Little
16th March 2013, 19:49
hi sis how's your exam?

Ah, Gwen ... I'm supremely confident Mariam will be on here in a few hours' time to spread the "glad tidings". :smile:

McGregor03
16th March 2013, 23:42
hi sis how's your exam?

HI sis Gwen :Jump: Must say the exam yesterday was better than the first one coz I wasn't that nervous lol :Cuckoo:

McGregor03
16th March 2013, 23:44
Ah, Gwen ... I'm supremely confident Mariam will be on here in a few hours' time to spread the "glad tidings". :smile:

Hey Arthur :Wave: will be having the first result of the exam this coming 22 for L&R :-/, I will keep u posted about it guys...

Arthur Little
17th March 2013, 00:28
Hey Arthur :Wave: will be having the first result of the exam this coming 22 for L&R :-/, I will keep u posted about it guys...

... not long to wait then, Mariam; we look forward to your update. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
20th March 2013, 10:39
So I just got the result of the speaking test few mins. ago.. And yehey I passed lol :Jump: Will have the result of the L&R tomorrow or on friday :D

filbrit
20th March 2013, 10:50
So I just got the result of the speaking test few mins. ago.. And yehey I passed lol :Jump: Will have the result of the L&R tomorrow or on friday :D

That's good news Mariam. So pleased for you. Surely you did well in L&R also :)

Terpe
20th March 2013, 10:55

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
20th March 2013, 11:04
That's good news Mariam. So pleased for you. Surely you did well in L&R also :)

I hope so... And thank u :D It's such a good relief that I passed the speaking test it's the test am really worried about.. Thanks again :)

McGregor03
20th March 2013, 11:07
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Terpe :D

Michael Parnham
20th March 2013, 12:26
Great news Mariam:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
20th March 2013, 13:43
Well done you Mariam! Just few more steps and youll be proceeding to your visa application. Best and wish you loads of luck!

McGregor03
20th March 2013, 13:47
Great news Mariam:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank u Michael :)

McGregor03
20th March 2013, 13:48
Well done you Mariam! Just few more steps and youll be proceeding to your visa application. Best and wish you loads of luck!

Thanks a lot melovesengland :D Fingers crossed on that...

Arthur Little
20th March 2013, 13:56
Congratulations, Mariam ... we look forward to more good news from you shortly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
20th March 2013, 14:04
Congratulations, Mariam ... we look forward to more good news from you shortly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Am hoping for that :D Thank u Arthur !!