PDA

View Full Version : Hoping this is a celebration...

GraceAdam
19th February 2013, 22:17
Hello Everyone, I hope you're all well :)

My sister-in-law rang me this afternoon saying that someone is looking for me and this bloke is bringing something and wanted me to sign it, she insisted that she will do it, in behalf of me, but he said No because it is suppose to be Mary Grace who will sign it with her proof of Identity..so he just left this DX courier paper with tracking number on it. I am a bit worried because I'm on a holiday at the moment (Isle of Wight) with the rest of the family (except my sister-in-law coz of UNI)...and we will be back on Saturday afternoon..do you think it will be fine to reschedule it on Monday? I tried calling the number but it was close when we rang them, we will try to get hold to them tomorrow.

and my sister in law will go to UNI tomorrow (Wed) until Saturday and what if my Documents/passport will arrive this week and nobody is at home to get it, are they going to hold it in the Royal Mail?...

I guess, this holiday is really wrong timing :(.. I hope everything will be fine :/

**since my BRP arrived first, is it okay to use my ID in the Philippines (Postal ID or Alumni ID)?

Hope to hear from you guys...Thank you very much..
Im just really worried about this :/

raynaputi
19th February 2013, 22:28
Congrats Grace! It's definitely your BRP! :Jump: I'm sure you can reschedule it since no one's at home. And your IDs would be fine. If they have photos, the better. Also, if you can supply a letter that contains your name and address as proof, that's fine too. They just want to know it's really you on delivery name.

About your documents, Royal Mail needs a signature too. If no one would be at home to claim it, they would leave a note that they have a package for you and you should claim it at the post office they indicate.

Anyway, congrats again!!! :heartshape1:

MissAna
19th February 2013, 22:42
congratulations sis :Jump:! don't worry it will be fine. :smile:
i'm still waiting for my BRP :cwm3:. i hope it will come soon

imagine
19th February 2013, 23:11
congrats and dont worry the post office keep your post packages for about 4 weeks i think it is, for you to collect or re schedual a delivery day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
19th February 2013, 23:12
Congrats Grace! It's definitely your BRP! :Jump: I'm sure you can reschedule it since no one's at home. And your IDs would be fine. If they have photos, the better. Also, if you can supply a letter that contains your name and address as proof, that's fine too. They just want to know it's really you on delivery name.

About your documents, Royal Mail needs a signature too. If no one would be at home to claim it, they would leave a note that they have a package for you and you should claim it at the post office they indicate.

Anyway, congrats again!!! :heartshape1:

Thank you very much Rayna for making my mind at peace.. :D and now I really can't wait to go home :):cwm3:

thank you again and congrats to both of us :) xxx

GraceAdam
19th February 2013, 23:14
congratulations sis :Jump:! don't worry it will be fine. :smile:
i'm still waiting for my BRP :cwm3:. i hope it will come soon

Hello sis, :) Thank you so much and hopefully yours will come pretty soon so we can start working hehe to save up money and visit Philippines :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
19th February 2013, 23:17
congrats and dont worry the post office keep your post packages for about 4 weeks i think it is, for you to collect or re schedual a delivery day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Imagine, :xxgrinning--00xx3: for the mean time i will just enjoy my 3 and a half days holiday left :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th February 2013, 23:26
its normaly 18 days they keep your parcel or package,
info link below:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/what-happens-if-I-dont-collect-my-item

1. Items are retained at the Delivery Office for 18 days. After this, items will be returned to the sender address on the external cover of the envelope or packet. Contact the sender of the item to see if it has been returned.

2. Where no external return address is provided and the item does not have a Printed Postage Impression or franking mark, the item will be forwarded to the National Returns Centre in Belfast and opened to identify a sender. As long as the contents are not: newspapers, advertising materials or magazines, they may be returned to sender.

3. If there is no return address available and the contents meet our storage criteria, we may hold the items for up to four months (for 1st class, 2nd class. For Recorded Signed For™ it’s two months) pending claims via Customer Services. If the item is not claimed within this time, unfortunately we’ll have to dispose of it.

melovesengland
20th February 2013, 00:27
congrats grasya! keep the brp flowing!! love it!!

sars_notd_virus
20th February 2013, 19:09
Congrats Grace :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
21st February 2013, 12:59
Hello Everyone, I hope you're all well :)

My sister-in-law rang me this afternoon saying that someone is looking for me and this bloke is bringing something and wanted me to sign it, she insisted that she will do it, in behalf of me, but he said No because it is suppose to be Mary Grace who will sign it with her proof of Identity..so he just left this DX courier paper with tracking number on it. I am a bit worried because I'm on a holiday at the moment (Isle of Wight) with the rest of the family (except my sister-in-law coz of UNI)...and we will be back on Saturday afternoon..do you think it will be fine to reschedule it on Monday? I tried calling the number but it was close when we rang them, we will try to get hold to them tomorrow.

and my sister in law will go to UNI tomorrow (Wed) until Saturday and what if my Documents/passport will arrive this week and nobody is at home to get it, are they going to hold it in the Royal Mail?...

I guess, this holiday is really wrong timing :(.. I hope everything will be fine :/

**since my BRP arrived first, is it okay to use my ID in the Philippines (Postal ID or Alumni ID)?

Hope to hear from you guys...Thank you very much..
Im just really worried about this :/

you can reschedule the delivery online through DX website. thats what i did. you just need the reference number written on the card they have left for claiming. heres the link http://www.thedx.co.uk/ourservices/courier/dxcourier/

congrats