PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to do next ?

Mac M
22nd February 2013, 19:12
So at last my Pinay wfe has signed the Divorce papers :xxgrinning--00xx3: and my new Pinay GF will send the papers to me this week as she had to collect them for me, i know what to do as in send them to the court but what else do i need to do ? i was married in Manila and i want to get a visa for my new gf, is it worth stating the prep work for her Visa now and is there anything else i need to think about ?

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2013, 20:43
Yes! marry your new girlfriend :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
22nd February 2013, 20:53
So at last my Pinay wfe has signed the Divorce papers :xxgrinning--00xx3: and my new Pinay GF will send the papers to me this week as she had to collect them for me, i know what to do as in send them to the court but what else do i need to do ? i was married in Manila and i want to get a visa for my new gf, is it worth stating the prep work for her Visa now and is there anything else i need to think about ?

Is the divorce validly secured abroad??

bigmarco
22nd February 2013, 21:58
If your looking for a Fiance visa you will obviously have to wait until you get your Decree Absoloute

Mac M
22nd February 2013, 22:39
mmm no the divorce wont be validly secured abroad, how do i do that? or start to do that? and is Decree Absolute something here in the UK or something i need from PI? thanks for your input

bigmarco
22nd February 2013, 22:41
Decree absoloute is the final document to confirm your divorce here.

Mac M
22nd February 2013, 22:50
no i dont have that yet but hope it wont take too long now, so thought how long before we can start to apply for the new visa.

bigmarco
22nd February 2013, 23:03
no i dont have that yet but hope it wont take to long now, so thougt how long before we can start to apply for the new visa.

What stage is your divorce at. Firstly you have to get a decree nisi and then there's a gap of at least 6 weeks before you get the absolute. I wouldn't have thought you could apply for a Fiance visa until you are free to marry.

Mac M
22nd February 2013, 23:09
ah ok so best to wait for another couple of months as yet, is there anything we can do in the mean time? and do i need to register anything in Pi ? to get the visa ?

bigmarco
22nd February 2013, 23:20
ah ok so best to wait for another couple of months as yet, is there anything we can do in the mean time? and do i need to register anything in Pi ? to get the visa ?

Well I would be checking some of the threads here and make sure you have all the required documents for your application and everything else that is needed.

Terpe
23rd February 2013, 14:40

Exactly what papers have been signed by your wife? Was it the acknowledgment of service form issued by the court?

As you know there are there are 3 main steps to getting divorced:-

- File a divorce petition - (apply to the court for permission to divorce, and show reasons why you want the marriage to end)

- Apply for a decree nisi - (if your spouse agrees to the petition, you’ll get a document saying there’s no reason you can’t divorce)

- Apply for a decree absolute - (this legally ends your marriage - you need to wait 6 weeks after you get the decree nisi before you can apply)

Regarding the Fiancee visa, based on the information you give you'll not be granted a Fiancee visa until you are able to provide the Divorce Decree Absolute.
So you can't submit an application until that is in your hand.

But you do have time now to start preparing the evidence for the application.

Don't forget that your Fiancee will need to provide an English Language Test Pass certificate. Take a look at this webpage Evidence of your English language ability (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/documents/english-language/)

She'll also need to consider making arrangements to undergo Tuberculosis testing.
Take a look at this webpage called Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/applying/tb-test/?langname=null)

Also start reviewing this thread All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39869-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Fiance-Visa)

Start collecting and collating all the evidence you need.

In addition to Financials please note that extra care is needed on the provision of evidence for:-

proving your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting
Showing evidence that you intend to marry in the UK and live together

Hope that helps

Mac M
25th February 2013, 00:23
thank you thats very helpful, i have been down this road before as in the visa for my wife but i know some things have changed, we have plenty of pictures of me and my gf and me wit her family, also can we use facebook to show our relationship ? we have been togeather for nearly 2 years so have plenty of evidence and western union pay ments to show financial suport.